What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

Replies

• Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    smantha32 wrote: »
    To be put on infertility medication.

My husband and I desperately want a child and its not happening. My obgyn told me that it was unsafe for me to have a child because Im obese and there is no room for a fetus to grow inside me. She wants me to lose 40 lbs before she'll consider putting me on infertility medication. She doesn't think I can lose the weight...im gonna prove this *kitten* wrong!
    Wow. My mom probably weighed 260 or so (she’s 5’10”) when she got pregnant with my kid sister. There was plenty of room for nearly13 lbs of baby, plus about twice that much in the normal gestational accoutrements, by the time Sis was born.

Very obese people get pregnant and give birth to healthy babies all the time. If that weren’t true, I would have no cousins (or siblings (or corporeal self)). While obesity complicates and sometimes aggravates causes of infertility; your doctor was either erroneously oversimplifying some valid point[b/] while trying to put it in layman’s terms, or she’s an as$.
    (Or both.)
    Not everyone is the same. For some obesity complicates a lot of things.
    Please see the bolded text in my quote.

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited September 2018
    To be put on infertility medication.

My husband and I desperately want a child and its not happening. My obgyn told me that it was unsafe for me to have a child because Im obese and there is no room for a fetus to grow inside me. She wants me to lose 40 lbs before she'll consider putting me on infertility medication. She doesn't think I can lose the weight...im gonna prove this *kitten* wrong!

Wow ... How rude! Verbiage was far from appropriate.
  • LeGypsyRov
    LeGypsyRov Posts: 36 Member
    My petty reason would be vanity. My main reason would be to get strong and flexible.