What's on your mind?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    @Motorsheen,
    You are so right.
    Some days I feel my age and just get a little blue.

Understood.

Aging gracefully is a skill set.

Hang in there.
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    @Motorsheen,
    You are so right.

If you are getting blue it's cuz you aren't getting enough oxygen.
    As you age that can be an issue.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »
    @Motorsheen,
    You are so right.

If you are getting blue it's cuz you aren't getting enough oxygen.
    As you age that can be an issue.

Thanks for the laugh :)
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    r4njxwqsoloi.jpeg
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Me, out loud, every time there’s even a little boob skin in the selfie thread: “Boobs”
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Me, out loud, every time there’s even a little boob skin in the selfie thread: “Boobs”

I've made you a gif

3y0uz5clpexy.gif

Would it be mean it use it lol
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Sleep
  • 777Gemma888
    The fact that I can't go back to sleep and want to head out for a jog. I will not though. 😠 ... Last day of heat in our part of the world ... Bring on the cooler temps... Yay.

Love how quiet Saturday morning always is.
  • 777Gemma888
    .... And the monotony that is my mother's family is true to form. I am so happy to not be in their spaces to have to feel as though I need to be civil. Their penchant for executing all tasks with a perfunctory attitude, jars me to the core. I cannot believe that I even share some genes with those nincompoops.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited September 2018
    .... And the monotony that is my mother's family is true to form. I am so happy to not be in their spaces to have to feel as though I need to be civil. Their penchant for executing all tasks with a perfunctory attitude, jars me to the core. I cannot believe that I even share some genes with those nincompoops.

Appropriateness. Civility. Tolerance ......... DISTANCE lol

You'd handled it very well btw, as usual.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    k8eekins wrote: »

Appropriateness. Civility. Common decency. Tolerance ......... DISTANCE lol

Our sanity... WIN!

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    k8eekins wrote: »

Appropriateness. Civility. Common decency. Tolerance ......... DISTANCE lol

Our sanity... WIN!

Through thick and thin ;D lol [Hugs]
  • 777Gemma888
    Is it really worth buying any more clothes right now when I’m dropping sizes every month .. maybe just get stretchy things ???

Also hopefully these interviews go well tomorrow, we could do with more artists 😜

Good luck with the interviews tomorrow! Purchasing a few pieces wouldn't be amiss.

• Frieswithdatshake
    Frieswithdatshake Posts: 630 Member
    Costume options. The most wonderful time of year is upon us.

cm4kixo4on3h.jpeg
    64es6pxzavgb.jpeg
    cnl06s2xf9vj.jpeg
  • shannonalistair
    shannonalistair Posts: 25 Member
    The nun. That movie was dope.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    Costume options. The most wonderful time of year is upon us.

cm4kixo4on3h.jpeg

I was thinking of being this freaky nun this Halloween, as I'd watched the movie. 👏👏👏

Children will come to the door, and I will recite a Latin prayer bwahahah! That would be kinda scary ...lol ... I will attach an echoing voice modifier ... Lol. And the largest candy bars. King sized chocolates or something.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited September 2018
    I’m starting to think my therapist is a sociopath. During our session today she took off her shoe and started picking at her toe.........While I was in the middle of bawling my eyes out. She also kept yawning. I understand therapists aren’t phased by emotional people, but the obnoxious yawning and toe picking was a bit much. Who knows....... Maybe I’m wrong for thinking that.

This person and I say person because they are no kind of therapist does not deserve your money. :)

I have medicaid, so that probably has something to do with it. She thinks the place is below her. She brings her resentment into our sessions.
    round___5 wrote: »
    I’m starting to think my therapist is a sociopath. During our session today she took off her shoe and started picking at her toe.........While I was in the middle of bawling my eyes out. She also kept yawning. I understand therapists aren’t phased by emotional people, but the obnoxious yawning and toe picking was a bit much. Who knows....... Maybe I’m wrong for thinking that.

What was you crying about?

A lot of things. I’m having some health issues and family problems.

You are absolutely not wrong for thinking that. I would stop seeing this person immediately as your wellbeing is being compromised. She may not be a sociopath, but she is surely an idiot.

I wish I could, but my insurance is awful when comes to mental health. I have been through 4 different therapists in the past 7 months. I really don’t get anything out of therapy I just go to keep my dr’s privileges.

I could understand if she quickly took off her shoe to check her toe, but she took off both of her shoes and proceeded to pick at one of her toes for the last 10 mins of our session. She likes to eat during our sessions too. She’s either munching on a huge bag of chips or candy. Like she’ll talk to me with her mouth full of food. She’s really strange and annoying.

I have commented on your posts before regarding this matter. Eating during therapy, toe picking etc is so unprofessional. They are signs of distraction to me, she's paid to listen and if she isn't doing that I suggest you move on to someone who is fully present.

I’ve been through 4 different therapist at this place and I can’t leave because I can’t find another mental health clinic that takes my insurance in this swamp. Everyone who works there is unprofessional. Including my psychiatrist.
    round___5 wrote: »

What was you crying about?

A lot of things. I’m having some health issues and family problems.

You are absolutely not wrong for thinking that. I would stop seeing this person immediately as your wellbeing is being compromised. She may not be a sociopath, but she is surely an idiot.

I wish I could, but my insurance is awful when comes to mental health. I have been through 4 different therapists in the past 7 months. I really don’t get anything out of therapy I just go to keep my dr’s privileges.

I could understand if she quickly took off her shoe to check her toe, but she took off both of her shoes and proceeded to pick at one of her toes for the last 10 mins of our session. She likes to eat during our sessions too. She’s either munching on a huge bag of chips or candy. Like she’ll talk to me with her mouth full of food. She’s really strange and annoying.

You should call her out.
    What kind of mental health professional makes a mockery of those who come to them for help?
    I don't know what type of therapy you are doing with her but I believe traditional "talk therapy" to be useless in the long term. I do hope you explore other options and I wish you all the best.

I think it’s useless too. This place is actually making my anxiety worse. My new insurance takes affect in November, so I’m hoping I’ll have better luck finding a new place.