Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    We have been watching Law and Order SVU a lot recently, and every time I think of you @quiksylver296 I picture Olivia. :lol:

That's my confession for the day :)

I had to look her up. I'll take that!

h12kfa8knncg.jpg

Fun fact. Did you know that Mariska Hargitay is Jayne Mansfield daughter? That would explain part of the reason she's so darn pretty and just keeps getting prettier the older she gets. I love when women in Hollywood look like women and not plasticized versions of themselves.

I only just found that out the other day! Sadly Mariska was in the car when her mum died. :(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    We have been watching Law and Order SVU a lot recently, and every time I think of you @quiksylver296 I picture Olivia. :lol:

h12kfa8knncg.jpg

Fun fact. Did you know that Mariska Hargitay is Jayne Mansfield daughter? That would explain part of the reason she's so darn pretty and just keeps getting prettier the older she gets. I love when women in Hollywood look like women and not plasticized versions of themselves.

Yes, I did know that...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Son's football team won in overtime last night, 58-52. It was a complete heartstopper, but they pulled it out! They were so excited! They have 2 wins, 3 losses so far this season.

Because of the OT, I didn't get to sleep until after 10:00. I was not a happy camper when my alarm went off at 3:45 this morning. I don't normally take pre-workout, but I did this morning!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hooray for the win, Boo for the alarm. I hope you can get some rest this weekend! Hope the prework out helped out.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I finished my nine days in a row yesterday! I barely survived. I had a headache the last few days of my stretch, my knee hurts from I assume pushing carts or cashiering more than I usually do (could be from standing in one place for longer stretches of time), & I started noticing eye floaters. On Saturday the eye floater looked like a little fly, on Sunday or Monday I noticed what looked like a stringy web, & on Wednesday driving in it looked like a curtain to an extent/a lot of little gnats at times.

I'm not sure if I got the eye floaters from being stressed at work & not having a lot of help a few days, pushing carts, not eating a lot due to not being hungry, or simply from getting older. I went to an ophthalmologist this afternoon & they dilated my eyes (first time having that done & it's trippy once it's over & kind of annoying to look into the light) & he noticed the floaters in my eyes, but luckily no retinal tears. I have to go back in six weeks to have a checkup.

Tomorrow I'm going to Walmart for an eye glasses appointment to get new glasses as well (haven't done one for like 4-5 years).

I hope it turns out to be nothing! Glad you went and got it checked right away though, some people wait too long an end up in trouble that way!

Last Friday I ended up going to an ophthalmologist & he didn't notice anything too severe. I think it was ultimately due to stress, extreme exhaustion, & a horrible migraine! Last Saturday my headache was so horrendous that it felt like someone was taking a knife to my head every other minute or so. Even with Motrin & Tylenol it still hurt. Once my headache subsided & I rested up my eye floaters & light flashes subsided greatly, but I do notice flashes of lights at night every now & then still.

Tonight I'm going to Walmart since they didn't have any appointments for my eye exam last week for new glasses.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

h12kfa8knncg.jpg

Mariska's father was a Mr. Universe/Body Builder

Mickey_hargitay_1955_strength_and_health_cover.jpg
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    quiksylver,
    Sorry about your magnolia tree. I have never seen a purple one before.

elsie6hickman,
    You panini sounded lovely. I would have eaten the whole thing too. I hope you enjoyed every bite. having a treat every once on a wile is a good thing. you can catch up on your exercise.

kellyjellybellyjelly,
    It does sound like work has been very stressful for you. Nine days in a row is an awful lot.
    I'm glad you are getting your eyes checked out. How has your blood pressure running?
    I suspect you hare getting some rest and relaxation now?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    @kellyjellybellyjelly I used to get migraines with auras. Realised when I came off the pill/was pregnant they disappeared entirely. So made sure I switched to a different contraceptive and it's fixed it. Now all my headaches are entirely due to sleep deprivation and noisy children!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Fasted core flow at the hot yoga this morning. I thin my abs are going to hate me. (it was supposed to be align and flow, but Jen wanted to try this core flow with her Saturday regulars.
    I am not one of them. My qui gong/Tai chi instructor had to go renew his CPR certificate so I went to yoga instead.
  • Lois_1989
    Worked 1RM (one rep max) squats with my trainer this morning. Hit 245 lbs. So, openers for Nationals will be about 225 lbs for squats, 165 lbs for bench press, and 365 lbs for deadlift.

Now, I’m deloading to rest up. Light workouts (and a massage!) this week, nothing the week after. 14 days out!!! :#

Two weeks of doing nothing!! What will you do with all at spare time?!
  • quiksylver296
    Worked 1RM (one rep max) squats with my trainer this morning. Hit 245 lbs. So, openers for Nationals will be about 225 lbs for squats, 165 lbs for bench press, and 365 lbs for deadlift.

Now, I’m deloading to rest up. Light workouts (and a massage!) this week, nothing the week after. 14 days out!!! :#

Right?!? I finished my entire workout this morning, and I was thinking that exact thing! What am I gonna do after work?!? Because usually what happens is I end up eating things I shouldn't eat...
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Good luck, Tami!
  • Lois_1989

Right?!? I finished my entire workout this morning, and I was thinking that exact thing! What am I gonna do after work?!? Because usually what happens is I end up eating things I shouldn't eat...

Yikes. Find a 2 week project? Wardrobe clear out? Organise your paperwork/finances? Do all the things you tell yourself you haven't got time to do. Keep busy so you don't eat.
  • Lois_1989
    spamarie wrote: »
    Enrobed Oreos have arrived in my bit of the UK and it is BAD news! Well it's very good news depending on your perspective. I'm coming from a perspective of having no willpower.

I KNOW!!! Christmas special in Tesco. They also have an Oreo Selection tin, I was like

giphy.gif

• quiksylver296
    edited October 2018
    Enrobed Oreos have arrived in my bit of the UK and it is BAD news! Well it's very good news depending on your perspective. I'm coming from a perspective of having no willpower.

WHAT IS AN ENROBED OREO?!?!? :o
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

WHAT IS AN ENROBED OREO?!?!? :o

front_fr.35.full.jpg