WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I am having trouble with MFP. I can't access my information from my phone, and can't record my meals on my phone. I am beyond frustrated and angry. I distrust facebook and will never use it for this or anything private. Advice welcome.
  • Katla49
    I set a password and will live with it. NOT happy, though. :mad:
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,318 Member
    edited September 2018
    Barbara -- OUCH with the rib/back thing. Hate it when hard to reach places need attention - I can't depend on my DH to reliably apply ben-gay to the appropriate area. B) The last time my back really went out I was doing a simple exercise video specifically made for seniors, lol. Lots of dance steps and whirling the arms about which I don't normally do, and that was the warm-up. Puppies are a lot of work, as you know, though spaying is a hard decision when you have a great little dog and would like more like her. Your Skye Terriers are gorgeous, I don't think I've ever seen one up close. Is their coat as soft and silky as it looks?

Katla - I think you are in a great position as secretary of the HOA. You know early on info you need to be aware of instead of third hand "what so and so said". I bet your meeting minutes are superb. <3 Thanks for the info regarding your high B12 and stopping the supplements, makes me feel better. I noticed as I pulled up the blood test results online, they didn't test hemoglobin, platelets, white blood cells, etc. So I'll ask the doc if that can be done from the blood they drew last week or maybe in a month or so retesting the B12. I'm kind of Sheldon Cooper in that I like everything completed once a year. Haven't asked for a brain scan yet. Or the poo test, which I guess I should. :|

Machka - that is great news your DH is getting some mileage on that bike of his!!

Lisa - super about getting into the 170's!! All of the changes for you this year and job challenges.... you are a hero!

Rita - gorgeous sunset photos. One of those clouds looked kind of suspicious to me. Odd shape. Interesting.... lol! ;) Your DH did a great job on that sign!

Mary
    - Shep has a couple nice friends to play with there. <3 Looks like his home away from home will work well for everyone.

Katla
    - I never could figure out how to access sites from Facebook...or maybe I could but didn't want to come to think of it. Can you just go back to logging in with a password? (I see you have done that now.)

Sounds like FB got hacked again - I put very minimal information in my profile and have unfollowed just about everyone. I remember when Facebook first started, people joined to be able to share photos and chat with family and friends. Now it's plastered with so much "noise" it's lost that charm. I stay on for the messaging feature and to keep tabs on what my friends and family are up to a couple times a day, then close it down.

Have a great day, ladies. Barbie, thanks ahead of time for the October kick-off tomorrow!

Lanette
    Cool & cloudy SW WA State

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Mary ~ Shep & his pals look HAPPY! :)
  • Katla49
    Lanette: You are very sweet. My minutes are not detailed at all, but they hit the main points. No actual decisions were made, but an area of discussion was opened regarding tree removal of a particular tree and it is under study & consideration at the moment. Things tend to move slowly around here. :smiley:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    debkasper1 wrote: »
    I'm Deb. 5 foot tall and 180 now. I've lost 70 pounds in the last 5 months with Keto and Intermittent fasting!

Hi Deb, You have come to the right place. This thread has worked best for me when I read the posts every day and join the conversation. I don't respond to everyone but just to topics that are of interest to me that day. I've learned a lot from these women about health, fitness, weight loss, and how to live life. Please come back.

:grin: Barbie from NW Washington
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    I'm watching touched by angel on YouTube...this was one of my parents favorites and mine too..
    Brings back so many wonderful memories...
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Waiting at the USO for our return flight for on MS. Such a stressful week. dH is sick with a cold.
    Suebdew in MS but going home to TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    edited September 2018
    stats for the day:

treadmill jog-47.41min, 142ahr, 168mhr, .5incline-2.0incl, 5.8sp-10sp, 9.32min mi, 5mi= 509c
    Apple Watch- 551c
    slow walk- Apple Watch only,24min, 1.1mi= 105c

total cal 614
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    OKIE ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

(((SUE)))
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited September 2018
    7rs9lowuxn7k.pngOkie!

General Question: is no extra sugar (AND no added sweetener) Jam (or preserves or jelly) a thing?

Rye
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    I'm watching touched by angel on YouTube...this was one of my parents favorites and mine too..
    Brings back so many wonderful memories...

Absolutely loved that show!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Thanks Sue (Peach) and Rye!

I think there is jam or jelly with no sugar added called fruit only. I believe my Father who was diabetic used it. I use sf, but it has Splenda added.

Okie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    happy birthday Okie xoxo
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Thank you Allie!
  • Katla49
    Allie: I always loved Touched by an Angel. Della Reese was a favorite of mine in that show. :flowerforyou:

Okie: Happy Birthday!!!

I went out to the stable today and rode Arrow. He was a brat, & his owner stepped in and made him think about being a good boy. The rest of my ride was great. I was very pleased to see her taking control of him like that. He had her buffaloed for quite a while and it was great to see her boss him around. Someday i’ll be that skilled and determined.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon