What's your go to recipe when you don't feel like cooking?

Replies

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Tonight I microwaved a frozen spicy black.bean burger patty, then a lean cuisine mac & cheese. Broke the patty into bite size pieces and mixed it into the mac & cheese.
  • maxvanderspurt
    maxvanderspurt Posts: 3 Member
    Well my go too is cereal but more often then not it won't work for me instead after Downing Several bowls I'm still hungry that's when a all out full tilt kitchen raiding feeding frenzy begins.... Oh and it never ends well becuase there is no real order to it or thought other then oh this doesnt have to be cooked I'm gonna eat it and this and that.,..... At the end when I feel sick and bloated (and wondering why??? Lol not really) I realize I could have juzt cooked up a bag of egg noodles, ground beef, frozen mixed vegetables and mixed it all together with olive oil and seasoning ate it and not felt sick in half the time it took me to wipe out the food supply in the house but that's just me
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Toast with peanut butter and a glass of milk
  • saralee555
    saralee555 Posts: 31 Member
    Stir fry!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Roll some leftovers up in a flour tortilla with some cheese and hot sauce and nuke it.
  • alicebhsia1
    alicebhsia1 Posts: 82 Member
    edited September 2018
    swiss cheese sandwich. (lettuce , mayo, salt and pepper), apple with lots of peanut butter, microwaved american cheese sandwich
  • natsrobinson88
    natsrobinson88 Posts: 32 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Just returned home from a long weekend away. I'm exhausted from traveling but don't want to order take out! I don't mind going to the grocery store to pick up a few things, but its the physical act of cooking I'm not looking forward to. What do you like to whip up when you don't feel like being in the kitchen?

Stop by a store on the way home pick up a box salad mix and rotisserie chicken. Not only do you get fed quick but have leftovers for next day.

HOW HAVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE!!!!! This is being added to my shopping list forever!
  • its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    Simple salads! I always have bagged lettuce, cuke and cherry tomato as
    Well as some kinda meat on hand. I make my own Greek yogurt dressings and sometimes add a string cheese! For the dressing, the flavoring options are endless. I’ll make a SF sweet mustard one with brown mustard, Splenda and yogurt, ranch flavored, etc...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    I remembered some recommendations for pre-cooked fish from a girlfriend. Both are great with a microwaved potato or some rice. Add some veg or fruit to make this a balanced meal.

Microwave some smoked fish such as mackerel or haddock fillets and serve with lemon and black pepper.
    Fry tinned sardines in the oil that's in the tin.

• MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    I buy low sodium RARE roast beef from the deli and make sandwiches on whole wheat bread with lettuce or spinach & tomatoes on the sandwich or a side salad.
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    edited September 2018
    Shrimp stir fry. I keep fully cooked shrimp in the freezer. I just dump 6 ounces in a pan with a bag of frozen veggies, simmer for like ten minutes, throw in two bags of shirataki noodles, pour into a big bowl and drizzle some stir fry sauce over it.

Thank sounds wonderful!!
  • juliejulie120
    juliejulie120 Posts: 5 Member
    Microwaved egg whites on English muffin, spray oil a round dish the same size as the English muffin, add a bit of Parmesan cheese to the eggs, cook1.5 min in micro, flop out onto the muffin, and...done
  • ophelialis
    ophelialis Posts: 26 Member
    Pasta with veggies and whatever jar of sauce I have hanging around. Made a pesto pasta the other night after working a long shift and it was really easy.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Progresso light soups
    Entire can averages 150 calories, 3 minutes in the micro and you’re done
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    edited September 2018
    This is not a recipe but it’s my go to all the time.
    Not the most inexpensive at $ 6.00 a bag, but an amazing time saver and since I’m no Gordon
    Ramsey it saves me all the time
    2py7zj89osa3.jpeg
    kud9oz62y3fm.jpeg

Air fry a mess of these and you can throw them in a salad to beef it up. Cook with onion, broccoli and some Szechuan sauce for a great stir fry, Toss in your favorite sauce for boneless wings. Roll em up in a pita for a sandwich, Great midnight snack.
    Endless uses and at 100 calories for 3 oz. it’s a fast, convenient, high protein go to.
  • jamesjeffsmith
    jamesjeffsmith Posts: 34 Member
    Mission 2 corn street taco tortillas 1 1/2 TBL organic peanut butter honeycrisp apple
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Scrambled eggs, fast and delicious.
  • Alyons1227
    Alyons1227 Posts: 6 Member
    Pre cooked chicken on a wrap with hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and feta
  • Scrambled eggs, with mushrooms, onions and cheese. If I’m really tired a healthy cereal with unsweetened vanilla almond milk.