What's on your mind?

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Homemade potato soup
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    It has occured to me that I need to pay more attention to the words and phrases I choose.
    I have a pretty thick Okie dialect,
    I'm old and tend to use old phrases and sayings as well.
    I write like I talk.
    Put all together I realize that some people may not know what I'm saying.
    I've gotten lazy with my speech over the years,
    I need to work on that.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member

bojack5 wrote: »
    Riveting conversation about cell phones ;)

I'm absolutely certain you have a flip phone :D

Samsung A8 here. Still mourning the loss of my BlackBerry Z30.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Man, would she hurry up and have this Baby so I can call out for work tonight 🙄😂

Is she due today?

Not yet, Wed the 3rd
    Soo anxious lol
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Man, would she hurry up and have this Baby so I can call out for work tonight 🙄😂

Is she due today?

Not yet, Wed the 3rd
    Soo anxious lol

Yayyy, not long now.. :)
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    uk79fn4n1ht9.jpeg
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    I think wrenches aren't deserving of their bum rap. They're so handy and easy to use. People should say that they had a table saw thrown into their plan. Or a chainsaw. That'd be a real disaster.
  • WorkerDrone83
    I think wrenches aren't deserving of their bum rap. They're so handy and easy to use. People should say that they had a table saw thrown into their plan. Or a chainsaw. That'd be a real disaster.

I think the saying means to actually throw a wrench into something - like if someone were riding their bike and I threw a wrench into their wheel spokes; but I could be completely wrong and maybe I've misinterpreted this wrong my whole life :sweat_smile:

Nah, I think your interpretation is correct. I guess throwing pretty much anything into a machine (or bike spokes) would be bad, but why wrenches? Shouldn't it be a clog or something?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member

I think the saying means to actually throw a wrench into something - like if someone were riding their bike and I threw a wrench into their wheel spokes; but I could be completely wrong and maybe I've misinterpreted this wrong my whole life :sweat_smile:

Nah, I think your interpretation is correct. I guess throwing pretty much anything into a machine (or bike spokes) would be bad, but why wrenches? Shouldn't it be a clog or something?

It's meant to be a cog in the wheel.
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Ironic that drug dealing cannibis is legal now. lol.
  • WorkerDrone83

I was talking about the wooden shoe. Wouldn't a cog make things run smoother? I'd be all about people adding cogs. :)

(I think this is the most I've interacted on MFP in a while and I can't believe this is the topic that brought me back)
  • Chael2dot0
    For goodness sakes! Still dealing with people using my pics on fake profiles, but I am starting to just think some folks shouldn't be allowed online. Like, ever! I mean, check this message out below. And I kid you not, these are serious situationsnot just scam email. I have had people call me after finding my phone number somewhere, or even contact me at work. Unreal to even believe a single peice of this! :o:D The scammers even did a terrible copy and paste of my photo on a fake passport!

One of several messages I received in the last few weeks:
    Hi Michael!

My name is XXXX and you dont know me.

My aunt is currently being scammed by someone using your photos. I can see by my research it’s been an ongoing problem with people using your photos and you are aware.

My Aunt is completely in denial and waiting for you to get out of a Turkish prison for not paying your $230k hospital bill. (must suck)

I am wondering if I could trouble you to make a quick & easy video off your phone to help me break through to her and stop sending money.

Her name is Judi and she needs to know that:

You are not from Georgia
    Never been to Turkey
    Do not have $230,000 owed to a turkish hosptial.
    Not going to jail
    Dont have 2 daughters
    Your wife is not dead
    You are happily married
    Never spoken to XXXX before

I can go on but you get it.

I can be reached at XXXXXXXXXXX and will try calling you later.

Sorry to bug you but im at my wits end.

Thanks
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »
    For goodness sakes! Still dealing with people using my pics on fake profiles, but I am starting to just think some folks shouldn't be allowed online. Like, ever! I mean, check this message out below. And I kid you not, these are serious situationsnot just scam email. I have had people call me after finding my phone number somewhere, or even contact me at work. Unreal to even believe a single peice of this! :o:D The scammers even did a terrible copy and paste of my photo on a fake passport!

Hi Michael!

My aunt is currently being scammed by someone using your photos. I can see by my research it’s been an ongoing problem with people using your photos and you are aware.

My Aunt is completely in denial and waiting for you to get out of a Turkish prison for not paying your $230k hospital bill. (must suck)

I am wondering if I could trouble you to make a quick & easy video off your phone to help me break through to her and stop sending money.

You are not from Georgia
    Never been to Turkey
    Not going to jail
    Dont have 2 daughters
    Your wife is not dead
    You are happily married

Thanks

Where do these people come from? I've seen stories about catfishing, obviously, but I've never known a person whose photos who used as the catfish

Been going on for years. Crazy stuff...had people call my wife and stuff too. Very invasive and one reason I ain't posting much for pics anymore.
  • 777Gemma888

I was talking about the wooden shoe. Wouldn't a cog make things run smoother? I'd be all about people adding cogs. :)

(I think this is the most I've interacted on MFP in a while and I can't believe this is the topic that brought me back)

Ahhh ...gotcha@clog. I was thinking of a cog ...one tooth in a mechanism. Many cogs turns the wheel. If one is out of alignment, mechanical failure.

**I'd noticed your return ... Welcome back!!
  • 777Gemma888
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »

Hi Michael!

You are not from Georgia
    Never been to Turkey
    Not going to jail
    Dont have 2 daughters
    Your wife is not dead
    You are happily married

Thanks

Words fail me. I would be annoyed with the scammers. Smh
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    As a kid I wasn't allowed to celebrate Halloween for religious reasons but now that I'm older I can do what I want soooo I'm thinking about throwing my own adult Halloween party this year. It's just an idea of of today but I'm hoping I can make this happen.

you should def go for it if you can.
    this is my favourite month regardless of halloween but it definitely makes it even better too.