Less Alcohol - October 2018 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• claireybell66
    claireybell66 Posts: 8 Member
    hendrxfn wrote: »
    Day three....sleeping better already....anxiety gone....restlessness dissipated. Started juicing to replace the beer binges.

Thanks to the inspiration of Joe Cross, and how hes helped turn the life of a 6’2” 430lb man’s life around, is motivating!

I pray I’m just as successful. 🙂

I too am a juicer, a fan of Jason Vale. I am actually on day 9 since I started to kick the booze once again. Feeling so much better already, but know I can revert back so easily as I have done in the past :/
  • hendrxfn
    hendrxfn Posts: 10 Member
    hendrxfn wrote: »
    Day three....sleeping better already....anxiety gone....restlessness dissipated. Started juicing to replace the beer binges.

Thanks to the inspiration of Joe Cross, and how hes helped turn the life of a 6’2” 430lb man’s life around, is motivating!

I pray I’m just as successful. 🙂

I too am a juicer, a fan of Jason Vale. I am actually on day 9 since I started to kick the booze once again. Feeling so much better already, but know I can revert back so easily as I have done in the past :/

Hang in there claireybell 👍🏾
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    Good to see so many new faces in here! With so much positive energy and determination. October is going to prove a winner for so many of us.

A little story..... about 4 years ago my DH for my birthday rented a surprise for me (or more for him as it turns out) a chauffeured limo to zip out of town in. The evening started out so great, happy and innocent. Being in the limo with drinks flying right and left for 4 hours and going from bar to bar did not end so well. Too much alcohol, emotions surfacing for what reasons I have no idea and being hung over the next day and basically remembering nothing is such a horrible memory for me.
    Today when he asked what I wanted to do tonight. I reminded him loud and clear "not a limo". I will be driving, having one and waking up happy tomorrow morning.

Have great success today everyone.

Hope you have an amazing birthday!
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Failed at lunch today. At Caribbean restaurant and all set to go AF but girlfriend wanted a cocktail and they were 2-4-1 - she could only have one as she was driving so thought might as well! Decided to turn today into one of my two allowed days off this month since we're out this evening anyhow.
  • kchater
    kchater Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    My 8 months alcohol-free milestone rolled over the other day.

Loving my streak! :D

It's not even about the streak. It's about not merely surviving as before, but truly thriving.

Fantastic job!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    jhilkene wrote: »
    I'm noticing a few changes so far. I found myself thinking about alcohol today and perhaps buying some for this weekend. The good change I noticed, the urge or impulse to actually buy it isn't as intense. I kinda feel as if I have a choice.....hmmm. That's definitely good. And when I concidered not buying any I didn't panic quite so much, only slightly. I'm liking this. Still thinking about alcohol, but I can feel it's grip loosening. Even if only a little.

It's like an itch inside your brain that you just want to sctratch. It does subside more as time goes on. I always try to focus on how I'll feel after scratching the alcohol itch. It never feels better.. only makes the itching come back worse. Ignoring it definitely lowers it's intensity each time.

Keep up the self discipline and brain rewiring!! Everyone can do it!!

@jhilkene That's an awesome analogy!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    kchater wrote: »
    I'm in

@kchater Welcome! Here's a gentle nudge/notification to come back and keep "less alcohol" in your mind. :smile:
  • OzgunZumrut
    OzgunZumrut Posts: 2 Member
    sounds great. i'm in. my goal will be 30 days in a row. texting to my inner-coach right now.some can think this is not fun but no it will be. here's my first inspiration for this game: https://youtu.be/nF8paxAqIRE?t=47