If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    lcq7iu0d7wg3.jpg

What - no crazy thick sugar crust you need to chip through to get to the muffin? :smiley:

Food_list_tcm87-14737_w1024_n.jpg

Nope, I want Costco cake in a muffin shape!

The Costco bakery is such a dangerous place to go. And they have it right up front to the left of the registers at my local Costco. So I am getting in line with my cart full of boneless skinless chicken breasts, shrimp, fruits and vegetables, then I see and/or smell the goodies over there and maybe just a quick look...

Just an aside - it seems to surprise non members when you talk about the bakery, fresh meat and produce. There is this perception that they are just a warehouse store where you get deals on stuff if you buy it in bulk or you pick an item out of a limited selection. Those things are true, but they also have a great bakery with a very wide selection. They generally have a better selection of premium fruit than just about anywhere else around also and it's fresh.

Our Costco has the bakery in a back corner that I avoid.

I really like Costco for meat. They have good Rib eye steaks, the cheap whole roasted chickens and a good price on skinless chicken breasts. But the fruit is usually not as good as the local grocery. But I'm up North so I don't know where they source it from.

That is interesting, because a lot of the fruit I am impressed by isn't local - several varieties of pears than are ripe but not mushy for example. The local fruit is also very good - only big ripe juicy peaches. In the local grocers defense, they do try to carry produce from local farmers and this hasn't been the best year. In some cases, their high quality fruit is not local even though there are lots of local producers.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Cheesecake
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    Perfect, soft, chewy snickerdoodles...

2z44zlyzmkrf.jpg

Have you tried brown butter snickerdoodles? A friend made me a batch last year. So amazing....
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Perfect, soft, chewy snickerdoodles...

2z44zlyzmkrf.jpg

Have you tried brown butter snickerdoodles? A friend made me a batch last year. So amazing....

No, but I obviously need to!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    3d_hdic_14oz_caramelcone.png
  • quiksylver296
    It's Friday! I want doughnuts!!!

heifyqednptj.jpg
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    zdvvvx9gs6an.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    zdvvvx9gs6an.jpg

Yep, one of those + two of my doughnuts above. Works for me!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    zdvvvx9gs6an.jpg

Just nothing else for the day LOL
  • quiksylver296
    edited October 2018
    zdvvvx9gs6an.jpg

Yeah, right!!! :D (If they're in this thread, they are zero calorie, remember?!?)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    zdvvvx9gs6an.jpg

It's all about priorities.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    zdvvvx9gs6an.jpg

Yeah, right!!! :D (If they're in this thread, they are zero calorie, remember?!?)

Fair enough :)