Jp's omad journey

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    @jadepearl Hey, well, you aren't gaining. You also have numerous physiological changes going on with fasting. How much are you working out?
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    You totally will break through the plateau......Just keep reminding yourself you are doing the right thing and hide those scales :) LOL …..
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Great work getting here, the progress will continue, just stick with it. Do you drink artificial sweetners, hum or mints during your fast. I am starting to read about how these can trigger insulin production and stall weight loss.
  • Eddy_65
    Eddy_65 Posts: 66 Member
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    Great work getting here, the progress will continue, just stick with it. Do you drink artificial sweetners, hum or mints during your fast. I am starting to read about how these can trigger insulin production and stall weight loss.

I have a terrible diet cola habit that I'm trying to tame. I developed it to get through the workday. I'm embarrassed to say how many cans I used to pound down per day. I'm not sure if it's affected weight loss in my case, but I do know that those drinks really aren't that good for you, what with all the chemicals and such.

I aim to replace them with lemon and water, or iced tea. I still slip up occasionally, but I have cut way back. I can also report fewer headaches and jitters.
  • dkayingram
    it is a good habit to break. I limit myself to one per day but often I don't have even one. I am newly addicted to seltzer water, they make some amazing flavors.
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Great job ! You will get back on track ! Hope your baby is doing better ?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    jadepearl wrote: »
    I will remember this
    sjcxv4s21hrg.jpeg

I like this!!!
  • Eddy_65
    dkayingram wrote: »
    it is a good habit to break. I limit myself to one per day but often I don't have even one. I am newly addicted to seltzer water, they make some amazing flavors.

I'm liking seltzer water, too. I used to think it was boring, but not so much anymore.
  • Eddy_65
    @jadepearl I think you're doing well. Since I started IF/OMAD about six months ago, I've lost 14kg total. That works out to about 0.5kg per week average. That's a good steady rate, I think.
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    I think you are doing awesome! 👍
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    @EstrangedTiger - You are right, at least I am not gaining weight. For exercise, I do 30 mins on Mon - Sat.

@dkayingram - I will get through this and as for the scales, hubby hide it..lol. I have not tried seltzer water yet but I don't think I will try it as once I am hook to it, I will go crazy with it....lol. Since I love green tea, I will just stick to it.

@Vanguard1 - OMAD has become my lifestyle so I will just stick to it. I do not use artificial sweetners, hum or mints during your fast. I just drink water and green tea.

@Eddy_65 - I do drink a pepsi Max once awhile but I have been pretty good lately. Only take it if I have a terrible headache. 14kg loss, that amazing! Congrats!!!

@catuccifranco08 - Thank you :) My baby is back to pink health. I guess as a parent, we will never stop worrying.

@Brendalea69 - Yes, I love that too. It helps me when I am down.

Week: 10
    CW; 61.7kg

Good evening OMADers,

How are you guys today? I have been MIA for awhile as my kids are going for one school camp after another, one sports event after another, one excursion after another. Not sure why but they tend to do it just before the school holidays. The last one will be a day trip down to the city on Thursday before the school holidays.

As for my weight-wise, I didn't loose a lot of weight...only 0.2kg (roughly about 7 ounces) and even though its NOT a lot, at least there's a drop. OMG, it has been 10 weeks since I started OMAD. I have gotten use to only eating 1 meal a day and even my family has gotten use to this. As for sizes, I have been wearing size 12 shirts and just last week, there was a sale and I found some amazing shirts for $2 each but it as size 8. I thought I would be bold enough to try it on and OMG, I am amazed that I could wear it. I think it because of the cutting. Since it was $2 one, I bought 5 in different colours...I am mad, ain't I?

Hope that everyone is doing well this Monday!

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Cheers! :)

• dkayingram
    WOW amazing on the clothes - it just proves the numbers on the scale isn't the only thing that shows results! Hope you have a healthy week!
  • EstrangedTiger
    Weeeeeeee!

Shrinking!
  • jadepearl
    @dkayingram - Thanks ☺. Yes, it sure did. However, a scales fanatic like me seems obsess with the numbers going down. Silly , aren't I? But, I am trying.

@EstrangedTiger - Thanks☺

Week: 11
    CW: 61.1kg

Good Evening OMADers,

How are you guys? Hope that the weekend is treating you all well. I am thrilled to see the scales going down. I know it's not a lot but I will take it.

Hope that I will see more weight loss soon.

Have a wonderful weekend, you guys😘💓

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    edited September 2018
    I love your name! Thank you for the encouraging words on my 'restart' :) I read your journey from day one and I think you are doing phenomenally well! Fantastic loss and you adapted so nicely. I like OMAD not only for the weight loss but also for the break our bodies get from constantly metabolizing food. I can only hope to have your great progress. Hope you have a wonderful week.
    ***Also as far as 'friends' go...I think they just are not enlightened and are just viewing OMAD as a diet gimmick. We are all at different stages of our journey in life and have read and learnt different nuggets of knowledge. You are on a different level of knowledge than them as far as OMAD goes. Only people that have read up on it can relate to what and why you are doing OMAD. I don't necessarily think they are mean...they just are uneducated on the subject. If you really care what someone says than maybe tell them to read up on it and then come back to you and you can discuss. <3
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Great work, keep those numbers going down!!
  • dkayingram
    Awesome! Keep it up!
  • jadepearl
    @katjustkat - Thank you :) Sometimes, no matter what you say or do, some friends just will not listen. Just last week, she was saying that I am turning into an anorexic. Oh well, its better to ignore her silly nonsense.

@Vanguard1 - Thank you :) I hope that my body will listen to me sometimes..lol

@dkayingram - Thank you! :) Let get down to our GW together :)

Week: 12
    CW: weigh-in this Sat/Sun

Good morning OMADers :)

How are you guys doing? We had to go down for a medical appointment in the city and decided to take 2 days off so that our kids can have some fun during their school holidays. I don't think I am too good in fasting while driving. I totally killed it. I started off with water and then at the petrol station, I bought Diet Soda and before you know it, I was eating potato chips, mango slices, etc, etc, etc. My hubby kept telling me that treat is as 2 cheat days...omg, he is even learning terms of all these. Oh well, as I am not weighing myself till Sat or Sun, I will not know what damage I have done.

Came back to work on Wed and went back to OMAD. Thank goodness I did pretty OK. Hope this continues and I will not see too much damage this coming weigh-in.

Have a wonderful Thursday, you guys!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    JP, Yes you're right about people...I'm super busy in just my at home job and my immediate family so I'm pretty sheltered from the harshness out there. My daughter rolls her eyes at me when I say someone is ok....she's like "noooooo they are not!".
    So nice that you got to enjoy your family on your mini vacation. You got this OMAD thing and now you're back to your cozy, safe house....you'll do great! Plus you are richer in some wonderful family memories :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited October 2018
    @jadepearl

Insecure people scream out “anorexia!” when others are improving their health. As long your BMI is good, it’s more about their own issues.

At your height, should be proud of your weight loss and be looking at the finish line!