What's on your mind?

Replies

• empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Just trying to figure out how I'm supposed to stay strong when I feel so lost and weak.

Fake it until you can make it. That's what I do :smile:
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Moving. Just waiting on the buyer.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    I started out the day in such a great mood, and two little things happen and it's all down the toilet.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    People say that they are totally themselves online but most have a separate account on social media for just their online friends

it's a fine line to walk- you wanna be genuine with all your friends yeah sure. but then you also end up attracting crazy or jealous people sometimes who will literally comb through your IRL friends and try to hurt them too.

me personally, i don't have a lot to lose sure, but some IRL people i know, maybe they do, and I wouldn't want my friendship to be a liability to them in any way, just because of some random creep online.

It’s hard for me to feel sorry for you, ya pop-socket filthy mirror chaser!

Jahst keedeen, I do totally get it. I do the same, although not because of crazy people or even privacy.

Seven years ago I was on a forum like this and added like 50 online friends to my fb account, so I’ve done the mixing thing too. It wasn’t terrible. No bad experiences. In fact I’m so close to a handful of them that I’ve been guests in their homes~ one for a week this past winter even.

But. They just didn’t mesh with my real life list. Probably because the vast majority of my friends list IRL is my family, and most of them are very conservative Christians. So they were right horrified when someone would post a hookers and blow meme on my wall 😂

I feel I’m more myself online than within the confines of my real life, actually. I love having an ig where I don’t have to carefully weigh what I post as to whether or not it’ll offend some old bat.

Anyway. My comment was just me musing, it contained zero judgment.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    People say that they are totally themselves online but most have a separate account on social media for just their online friends

it's a fine line to walk- you wanna be genuine with all your friends yeah sure. but then you also end up attracting crazy or jealous people sometimes who will literally comb through your IRL friends and try to hurt them too.

me personally, i don't have a lot to lose sure, but some IRL people i know, maybe they do, and I wouldn't want my friendship to be a liability to them in any way, just because of some random creep online.

Jahst keedeen, I do totally get it. I do the same, although not because of crazy people or even privacy.

Seven years ago I was on a forum like this and added like 50 online friends to my fb account, so I’ve done the mixing thing too. It wasn’t terrible. No bad experiences. In fact I’m so close to a handful of them that I’ve been guests in their homes~ one for a week this past winter even.

But. They just didn’t mesh with my real life list. Probably because the vast majority of my friends list IRL is my family, and most of them are very conservative Christians. So they were right horrified when someone would post a hookers and blow meme on my wall 😂

I feel I’m more myself online than within the confines of my real life, actually. I love having an ig where I don’t have to carefully weigh what I post as to whether or not it’ll offend some old bat.

pop sockets
    vvtx046keyv7.gif
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

pop sockets
    vvtx046keyv7.gif

I can’t keep your kinks straight 🤷‍♀️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    How my child comes home and says "oh btw, I need $225 for Latin club and about $800 for choir.. but the choir we don't know for sure right now so only $350 is due by tomorrow."
    Yeah... budgets who needs that? Apparently I got a money tree in my backyard I didn't know about.

Yep! My 9 year old asks me if he can join robotics club at school. How crazy am I for thinking it would be free? I agree. He has to be approved first so he spends days writing a paper about robotics and turns it in. The next day be a parent approval form comes home showing he’s been 1 of the 10 approved and the admission $550.00. No one mentioned any price until AFTER he was approved. Shady shady. Everything kid related is so dang expensive now.

Wow, my 7yr olds 1 day a week Legos robotics club was about $250, I guess they never get any cheaper as they get older lol

A month? Or for the duration of the class? This was at least for the entire first term, so it balances out fairly. I just think it’s sketchy the way they went about it. [/quote]

OMG it better not be per month lol...

I'm honestly not sure, not my department... I add, they subtract lol.

It's sketchy that they even charge that much at all. Ify
  • pudgy1977 wrote: »
    I started out the day in such a great mood, and two little things happen and it's all down the toilet.

Nope. Don't allow that. Turn it around :*
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    It's almost Thanksgiving here in Canada and I am pretty ready to go way over my daily calorie limit for it

Thanksgiving?

Already?

Can't you Canadian's do anything right outside of playing hockey and apologizing?

How difficult is it to read a calendar?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    It's almost Thanksgiving here in Canada and I am pretty ready to go way over my daily calorie limit for it

Thanksgiving?

Already?

Can't you Canadian's do anything right outside of playing hockey and apologizing?

How difficult is it to read a calendar?

Um excuse me sir, but our thanksgiving is meant to be a celebration of the bountiful harvest we just had

kofjt4wuxbo2.gif

So, maple syrup dripping from a tree is now considered a 'bountiful harvest' ?

;)
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member

I've had the first scenario happen here, not once but twice. There be some crazies out there and one of them still posts among you all....

it happened to me once a few years ago. i got a publicly searchable job and someone i got close to ended up emailing my boss. it didn't hurt me too much in the end, but it was one of the most humiliating things i've ever been through at least.

just this last year, i made the mistake of having my IRL and online friends both on my IG account and ended up having to burn it down and start it over, just because one of my IRL friends, she was one of these people that i think had a lot to lose because of our "friendship", and i didn't want to risk that after an online friendship turned bad.

so yeah, nowadays, i'm a firm believer in one account for IRL and another for online friends exclusively.

One step further. I don't mix my IRL friends. I have this group for that interest, that group for that one. I find things more peaceful and managable that way.

Worse now that I'm into fitness. Don't ask me about what I do and when I show you, you tell me I'm a show off. That's why I didn't show you in the first place!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

I also like posting crazy *kitten* on your IG.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member

Ready for pic proof
  • iMago

Ready for pic proof

I'll snap you a photo of me stuffing my face with food on Sunday

you're a vegan or something right? do you eat one of those fake turkeys and hams for thanksgiving or just like vegetables and that's it?
  • cee134
    edited October 2018

You can't have two major holidays in the same month. That's ludicrous.
  • cee134
    cee134 wrote: »

You can't have two major holidays in the same month. That's ludicrous.

As much as I wish it was, Halloween is not a holiday so I have no idea what you're talking aboot

FIFY

(Yes I'm aware of the typo I made.)
  • iMago

Ready for pic proof

I'll snap you a photo of me stuffing my face with food on Sunday

you're a vegan or something right? do you eat one of those fake turkeys and hams for thanksgiving or just like vegetables and that's it?

If you're referring to my love of cauliflower that is absolutely legit but I'm not even a vegetarian -- so my Thanksgiving will have a real turkey (except oops, I prefer making chicken so I lied, and I'll be having chicken).

huh...for some reason i thought you were actually a vegan or whatever.
    probably because you're so high maintenance?