Keto Recipes

elijahwilliams314
elijahwilliams314 Posts: 15 Member
Would love to have a great Keto recipe, that's around 70% fat and 0-5% carbs. I'm finding a lot of recipes that are said to be Keto but are just low carbs, not high fat. What are your suggestions?

Replies

• natvali
    natvali Posts: 3 Member
    A lot of recipes may be easily altered to incorporate more fat. For example, swapping chicken thighs for chicken breasts, skipping steps like draining fat after browning meat, or straight adding fat to the food either while cooking (like butter or coconut oil), or to the finished dish, as a garnish, like Avacado, sour cream, cheese, bacon crumbles, etc.

I find that even in the low carb circle there are a lot of people still trying to eat low fat and not quite grasping keto. Or they're trying to eat high protein which is also not ketogenic. Often, I look at several recipes for something and then build my own.

I just did that with green bean chili. I was frustrated that the low carb chili recipes were practically just a bowl of meat, and I didn't want too much protein, so I looked at like 7 different recipes and then made it my own. I can't promise that it was perfectly keto, but I believe it was close, and can be boosted with garnishments.

Anyway, it is nice when a single food has nearly perfectly balanced macros for keto, but when they don't you may be able to fix that by what you pair it with, or with a high fat snack.
  • dariusshaw
    dariusshaw Posts: 29 Member
    Where do I start the keto diet and how much is it I’m 23 btw 265lb trying to see if it’s right for me. Trying to stick to some type of diet right now I’m doing bad lol
  • sunshinedibs
    sunshinedibs Posts: 1 Member
    Www.dietdr.com
    Lots of great recipes and help
  • elijahwilliams314
    Www.dietdr.com
    Lots of great recipes and help

Thanks while looking for more recipes I found this site. It's REALLY helpful to make sure my measurements are right. I like to keep those macros in line.
  • elijahwilliams314
    @jdduignan Thanks... I love KetoConnect's videos. I just started to listen to their podcasts also.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    https://youtu.be/LDuQlLx_TQ4

This is quite good
  • randilyn2013
    randilyn2013 Posts: 40 Member
    I made a Keto version of Zuppa toscano. I made a huge batch and got 14-1 cup servings
    1lb hot sausage
    8-10 cups chicken broth
    2 cups half&half
    1head cauliflower (mine was 460 g)
    A bunch of kale torn into bite size pieces.
    1 medium onion diced
    3 cloves garlic diced
    Roasted cauliflower with garlic powder and Italian seasoning 20 minutes at 450 degrees
    Cooked the sausage onion and garlic together. Added liquids and kale. Finished with cauliflower before serving. Came to be about 160 cals/cup
  • PSS33884
    PSS33884 Posts: 72 Member
    What can I do to get over the taste of cauliflower? I have tried mashed, roasted, etc ..... can't stand the taste.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Eat celeriac
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    snips66 wrote: »
    What can I do to get over the taste of cauliflower? I have tried mashed, roasted, etc ..... can't stand the taste.

I like this casserole. Has lots of bacon. Easy way to get some protein, some fat, and a big helping of cauliflower.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/loaded-cauliflower-casserole-3696425
  • AngelaBlackSmith
    AngelaBlackSmith Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2021
    Take the fillets out of the refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking. Preheat the oven to 190°C.Create two foil packets by cutting two large pieces of foil large enough to cover each fillet. Place half a lemon slice and a fennel slice in the middle of each foil sheet. Place the fillets on top of the lemon and fennel. Mix the olive oil, capers, anchovies, lemon zest, chili peppers, cherry tomatoes, and olives in a large bowl. Place equal parts of the mixture in each parcel. Gather each corner of the foil and bring to the middle and fold/press together to form a seal. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and rest before opening the foil packet and pouring the fish into a bowl/plate. If you're interested, I found this recipe on keto recipes
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    This is my absolutely favorite website for keto recipes
    https://www.wholesomeyum.com/
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    snips66 wrote: »

I was the same way .... I love making buffalo fried cauliflower (in my air fryer) and also making mac n cheese cauliflower and loaded cauliflower