36 eggs a day , they say is better than a cycle

Hi,

Saw this video and it talks about eating 36 eggs a day for 6-8 weeks is better than a cycle.

Could the pros shed some light please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ6xtn1aiP0

I hope this doesn't get deleted because I'd like to learn and a place where we can talk freely about stuff like this- they have "bro knowledge" well most of them.

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I usually eat 1 egg per day, but I'm having 2 today. Seems there must be some specific objectives for attempting something like that, but I don't think I'm in that category.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    They used to sell egg white protein powder.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    An intriguing concept and the science broached in the video makes sense. The macros of eating that many eggs (large eggs) aren't outrageous and I know there are other lifting/eating protocols that call for eating up to a dozen eggs/day for bulking.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    That dude from Beauty and the Beast Gustan (??) ate 4 dozen eggs a day, right?

He was roughly the size of a barge! There we have it, it must work, Disney says so </thread>

:D
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Depends on what they are used for, anabolic (performance enhancing) steroids are probably not good. There are others that are used medically.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    I used to eat 8-12 eggs a day when I was lifting heavy over the winter, and I was very lean and not very hungry with the macros coming out nicely.
    But since I’m female with a smaller structure, 30 some eggs wouldn’t be necessary for me.

The benefit is that eggs are cheap, very versatile, and quick to cook.
  • vm007
    vm007 Posts: 241 Member
    I'm really thinking about trying it out.

36 large eggs = 2500 calories. Basically 6 weeks x 7 days = $10 a day = $420 CDN

I'll add some veggies but as is - I can stand to lose another 3 kg or so and if I start eating 2600 cals a day I wonder if I'll end up getting toofat.

I'm 5'10 and 79.2 kg currently. I go to gym perhaps 3-4 times a week. 2 days full body and 2 days arms.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2018
    vm007 wrote: »
    I'm really thinking about trying it out.

36 large eggs = 2500 calories. Basically 6 weeks x 7 days = $10 a day = $420 CDN

I'll add some veggies but as is - I can stand to lose another 3 kg or so and if I start eating 2600 cals a day I wonder if I'll end up getting toofat.

I'm 5'10 and 79.2 kg currently. I go to gym perhaps 3-4 times a week. 2 days full body and 2 days arms.

I had a period of my life eating 12 eggs/day (broke college student diet: eggs, cabbage, EVOO). Can't say I had any anabolic-androgenic steroid like effects (no noticeable gains or body composition changes); cholesterol ratios were high, but ratio was still good (HDL 100+mg/dL). Looking back, I really wish I had more lab data (other than lipid panel) to go off of (this is a current hobby of mine seeing how dietary changes affect/impact my lab work). Word to the wise, avoid "egg-***" based on the cooking method of the eggs (scrambled > boiled eggs)

Likely just an easier way to put on weight due to being calorically dense/easy to down & go into a surplus. I don't like eating eggs anymore mostly because the food volume is too low for the kcals provided (too easy to go over TDEE kcals)
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Depends on what they are used for, anabolic (performance enhancing) steroids are probably not good. There are others that are used medically.

Just a quick note to say that anabolic steroids can be and are used medically. It's not super common but it's also not uncommon depending on why they're being used. And yes, it is possible to get a TUE for them depending on why you've been prescribed them.