Ready for Maintenance....need similar friends.

Hi everyone. I am 3 lbs from goal weight and am looking for people who are on maintenance...and doing well....

Replies

• dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    I am starting year three, maintaining a 200 pound loss within a five pound range. I'm 63 and 5'5". Feel free to add me.
  • emawbey
    emawbey Posts: 50 Member
    Maintaining for nearly three months now, feel free to add me!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I’m just starting year 3. I’m succeeding, but it’s been a roller coaster. Happy to cheer you on and provide support, but I’m not a model maintainer by any means.
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    I'm a few months into maintenance although I've lost a further 6 pounds even though I'm eating at maintenance most days. Not complaining but don't want to lose any more now. Don't think I've found the balance yet!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Been on maintenance since 5th Dec 2017, still trying to figure it out. I don't do any special diets, just track my calories and exercise when I can. Here is my monthly 'check in' photos https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10621947/monthly-strength-training-check-in-with-pictures-join-me#latest Sent you a friend request, if you think I can help.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I'm a few months into maintenance although I've lost a further 6 pounds even though I'm eating at maintenance most days. Not complaining but don't want to lose any more now. Don't think I've found the balance yet!

Congrats :smiley:

Yeah you can up your daily cals a bit more going by how much you're still losing a week - i.e if losing 0.5 lb a week, that's an extra 250 cals a day...sweeeeet :smiley:
  • Icy_Fox
    Icy_Fox Posts: 90 Member
    Am also starting with maintenance so would love some friends for motivation and such :)
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member

Congrats :smiley:

Yeah you can up your daily cals a bit more going by how much you're still losing a week - i.e if losing 0.5 lb a week, that's an extra 250 cals a day...sweeeeet :smiley:

Same! I've been on maintenance for close to a month now. At first, I was still not consuming enough calories compared to my activity level, but I've been doing a little better lately. I would love to have friends that are in the same situation. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Thank you for the advice I need to do that. I also get fitbit adjustments but I'm still too scared to eat those extra calories. I know I should/need to but I keep thinking what if it's wrong!! It's obviously not as I've lost 6 more pounds!
  • Bellavita32
    Bellavita32 Posts: 868 Member
    I am doing maintance feel free to add me
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    I´am doing very well in maintenance atm so anyone else doing maintenance feel free to add me
  • Zimm7
    Zimm7 Posts: 44 Member
    Started maintenance within the last week.
    Just trying to ease into it for now.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    I just started maintenance this past weekend!
  • DeanyMc
    DeanyMc Posts: 11 Member
    Also starting maintenance, need some like minded friends. I'm still shrinking lol
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Well, I said I'm in maintenance a few months ago, but think I'm going to go a bit lower. The goal isn't to be thinner, just fitter. I'm not sure what that looks like yet.

Maybe we can figure this out together...sending FR.
  • jillstreett
    jillstreett Posts: 69 Member
    I just started maintenance about a week and a half ago. I met my goal of 145, I'm 5'6", and I by no means celebrated with food, but I did have some work events and things to go to the week after hitting goal, so I just kinda tested the boundaries for a week. I stayed under 150, which is my goal 100% of the time, but I felt so bloated. I wasn't even eating that badly or that much, just all different stuff! So I cut back for this week and already feel better in 2 days. I am working to find the balance because I do think my maintenance calories of ~1900 is a little high for how it makes me feel. We are all in it together!