The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I went on Amazon and there are a bunch of different Alan Carr books. Please advise which ones you read.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    @jhilkene Thanks so much! Xo Hugs!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    The only alcohol related thought I have lately is feeling a little jealous that I don’t have a stress outlet like my husband or friends (I dont drink, smoke, etc.) But of course, I know that I should be grateful for that.

It’s been 10 weeks since my birthday binge, and I am extremely happy every Saturday/Sunday morning when I open my eyes and have no hangover. That’s a big gift to me. Tonight, I’m going to a party at my drinking friends house; I’ll go for a little while and sneak out. I just don’t have fun at them anymore. I should really change my mindset however and view it for all the other positives like good conversation, food, laughter and connecting with new people.

@lorrainequiche59 You’ll have a lot of fun today!

Interesting you should mention missing the stress outlet of drinking cause I recently thought the same thing. Even though it is "temporary" there is this sense of a chillax factor that I miss too. BUT, then I thought of the feelings & anxiety & depression that comes after the "relief" & my envy vanished. Like you said we can be grateful for sobriety. It IS a gift!!

As for your lack of fun at parties with your drinking friends, I think you'll find a new kind of fun at some point as in good conversation etc & will be able to change your mindset when you're ready for that. Please be gentle with yourself & allow yourself to do whatever it is you need to do to take care of yourself at this point, and if that means making a brief appearance & then disappearing then that's ok. You don't need to "should" yourself into doing anything you're not ready for yet.

You seem to have a really good balance in taking care of yourself & being positive. You are definitely a stength & really good example for all of us on this thread.

AND YES, I had lots of fun with my young group of giggling teens...I am also exhausted....if I had only one 10th of their energy.....!!!! ;)
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    @JenT304, the one that totally changed my mindset was titled something like Quitting Drinking The Easy Way For Women. That may not be exact but close enough.

I MISS you guys! Hopefully things at the wonderful crazy juvenile jail will level off soon and I can participate more. Much love to you all.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    @JenT304, the one that totally changed my mindset was titled something like Quitting Drinking The Easy Way For Women. That may not be exact but close enough.

I MISS you guys! Hopefully things at the wonderful crazy juvenile jail will level off soon and I can participate more. Much love to you all.

What’s extra nice about your job although stressful, is that you are in the zone, living in the moment each day at work. That’s such a good thing. We miss you too.
  • LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    @Ke22yB oh my! I hope you are on the mend soon - that sounds awful. Keep us posted!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @RubyRed427 OR your friend may have had a few too many. My "former" friend who got her 2nd DUI recently used to repeat, repeat, repeat cause she forgot she had already told me the same thing 6 times to the point where I had to tell her to STOP IT!!. SO annoying!!! But, it can be a symptom of too much. I've been guilty of it myself LOL!!

@Ke22yB Sorry for your health issue. My brother has had cellulitis & ended up in the hospital for 9 days a few years back. No idea why he got it, but it can be a recurring issue also. Hoping the best for you & a speedy recoup. Glad you're ok!!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Ke22yB wrote: »
    Well good news bad news I wound up in the hospital for cellulitis and a small clot in my leg after our flight back from vacation I need IV antibiotics good news l no longer drink so I don’t have to deal with the anxiety I had last time not being able to drink. The guy in the next bed has all the signs the veins in his face and the flush and now a small shake in his hands without a drink in 3 days

Wishing you speedy healing! <3
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    73CL350 wrote: »
    Just got through my first AF weekend in over 10 years.

Having done a weekend cycle helped my confidence.

Yes!! Awesome!