Lose weight = looking older??

LivingtheLeanDream
LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
edited October 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all,

I have to say I think I look older now than when I was heavier, less fat to puff out the wrinkles I suppose! (I'm 49). I choose being slim and healthy so if a side effect is looking a bit older that's just how it has to be.

I have noticed from the majority of the before/after photos hardly anyone looks younger with weight off (unless they are young of course!).

Anyway, just putting this out there for opinions/thoughts.

Ruth

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    Good point! @Packerjohn
  • queenoscots
    queenoscots Posts: 44 Member
    Yep.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    kami3006 wrote: »
    sarahbums wrote: »
    i think i do look older, but that's kind of a good thing. When my face was a bit rounder people would often mistake me for being like 15 or 16 (i'm 25!) and I hated it. Example: one morning I was out walking and a cop pulled up to me in his squad car, rolled down the window and asked me why I wasn't in school. I told him I'd actually just graduated with my bachelor's degree and wasn't planning to return to HS anytime soon :D . He apologized and drove off lol

I think I look closer to my actual age now. I mean, I do still get carded every single time i go to buy alcohol, but I'm used to it.

Embrace looking younger than your years, it wont always be the case (I know that from experience) so enjoy it :smile:

While it can be annoying at times (I've had people not believe my ID is real). It's a great sense of amusement for me. I've always looked young. I just turned 44 and got asked for a hall pass at my daughter's high school twice this year. :D I just say thanks.

Heck that is just fantastic! love it :smiley:
    When I was in my mid 40's and had not long reached maintenance I remember being on a cruise with my family and the waiters being gobsmacked that my husband and I had a grown up son - it was a good feeling :smiley: in fact when we were 25 years married and on another cruise the maitre d exclaimed that I must have been a child bride...well I sort of was at 19!

Awesome! I could fill up a thread with stories like these. When I was 26 I looked 14, was married and had a newborn...oh the comments!

But I won't derail the thread.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    sarahbums wrote: »
    i think i do look older, but that's kind of a good thing. When my face was a bit rounder people would often mistake me for being like 15 or 16 (i'm 25!) and I hated it. Example: one morning I was out walking and a cop pulled up to me in his squad car, rolled down the window and asked me why I wasn't in school. I told him I'd actually just graduated with my bachelor's degree and wasn't planning to return to HS anytime soon :D . He apologized and drove off lol

I think I look closer to my actual age now. I mean, I do still get carded every single time i go to buy alcohol, but I'm used to it.

Embrace looking younger than your years, it wont always be the case (I know that from experience) so enjoy it :smile:

While it can be annoying at times (I've had people not believe my ID is real). It's a great sense of amusement for me. I've always looked young. I just turned 44 and got asked for a hall pass at my daughter's high school twice this year. :D I just say thanks.

Heck that is just fantastic! love it :smiley:
    When I was in my mid 40's and had not long reached maintenance I remember being on a cruise with my family and the waiters being gobsmacked that my husband and I had a grown up son - it was a good feeling :smiley: in fact when we were 25 years married and on another cruise the maitre d exclaimed that I must have been a child bride...well I sort of was at 19!

Awesome! I could fill up a thread with stories like these. When I was 26 I looked 14, was married and had a newborn...oh the comments!

But I won't derail the thread.

It is an idea for a new thread :smiley: as the OP I don't mind this thread being derailed. :smile: