Looking for new breakfast ideas. What did you have today. Thanks

Replies

• orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    Overnight oats with pb and banana!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited October 2018
    I made some super basic wheat bread last night and toasted two slices of that and put some hummus on it. Oh and coffee. For after my run I brought along a little protein shake.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,566 Member
    Olive tapenade on slices of fresh carrot and cucumber!
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    I had a big bowl of leftover Chili and a bag of Fritos :smiley:
  • lgt2015
    lgt2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Bacon and eggs with hollandaise :):)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I had a frozen waffle with PB&J on it like a sandwich lol
  • jdsnead
    jdsnead Posts: 4 Member
    I had overnight Oatmeal with apples and cinnamon AND 1 tsp of almond butter - less than 200 cals. But I often eat avocado toast on 1 slice lo cal bread/ 2 T avocado and 1 egg - 162 cals.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Two slices of toast with peanut butter and jam. Black espresso. Not very glamourous but keeps me happy and going all morning.
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Avocado toast topped with overeasy egg
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Oatmeal with blueberries, walnuts and cashew milk
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Depends on how much time I have and how long until my next meal. This morning was an omlette with three egg whites and one full egg with cottage cheese and shredded cheddar inside and some garlic. I also had a tablespoon of Earth Balance creamy coconut peanut butter in the side.

If I need something that will keep me full for hours (like I don't start to feel hungry for at least four hours and could be ok for 5-6 hours) I do sauteed peppers and onions with cumin, chili powder, and garlic in oatmeal with some cottage cheese, shredded cheddar, and one egg that had a runny center (over easy, Sunny side up. I usually like these better because the extra far from sauteing it helps with fines and adds extra flavor). It's based off of this. recipe.

https://healthynibblesandbits.com/savory-oatmeal-cheddar-and-fried-egg/

I also really like the everything bagel thins as well. I usually put some cream cheese, the Philly garlic and herb or the onion and chive are tasty, with some smoked salmon on after toasting and do that as a running out the door breakfast.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    A cup of 2% cottage cheese with sliced red grapes and a hard boiled egg :)
  • Demander2015
    Demander2015 Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2018
    Cooked and flavoured Soy Granules (Crushed soy nuggets) and Peas in toasted sandwich with some coffee flavoured soy milk. Around 220 cals Yummmmm... Plus Lots and lots of protein.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Zucchini-raisin muffin with sunflower seed butter.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    A large slice of a fruit tart pie...it was my birthday yesterday and I was off, so my employees brought in the fruit tart for me this morning. They finally remembered that I'm not really a cake person.
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    2 scrambled eggs, a banana and coffee
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Haven’t had breakfast yet (it will probably be brunch today), but my normal breakfast is a breakfast sandwich- toast with a slice of ham, a slice of low-cal cheese and a cooked egg.
    Keeps me going for several hours, so it gets me through the morning at work!
  • GeauxL
    GeauxL Posts: 57 Member
    edited October 2018
    2 egg beaters, slice of 12 grain bread, 1tbs almond butter, cup of 1% milk
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    A cinnamon toast rice cake, peanut butter, a banana and tea with half & half.