Alternatives to Coffeemate Creamer?

13»

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Coffee creamer is the one thing I've pretty much refused to give up or cut out or replace. I've tried a few things along the way:
    Fat free half and half and Splenda (this was the best of the "alternatives" IMO
    Vanilla almond milk and Splenda
    Just some of either of the above

I have found a half and half with flavor at Trader Joe's, that has a FEW less calories than the non-dairy varieties, but not a huge difference (since I tend to like, well, a LOT of it).
  • SunLovinMia
    SunLovinMia Posts: 17 Member
    I was having issues with our other creamer. When I looked at the ingredients I understood why. It wasn’t even milk. It was a bunch of sugar and flavorings. I tried a few different kinds of creamer that were minimal and natural ingredients and finally came to the one I liked and didn’t make me feel sick.

e5oyn2zfqat9.jpeg
    2cx0d77gbz0h.jpeg

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    MichSmish wrote: »
    In what ways are Coffeemate(TM) flavored creamers awful for you?

May I ask why you added the (TM) ?

Probably because it is a proprietary trademarked name for a specific non dairy coffee additive.

Yes, I know what TM stands for and that coffeemate is a product name, but I don’t understand the use of “(TM)” on the mfp forums. This isn’t going to be used as a business proposal or a deposition.

True but perhaps the poster is in patent law. It seems a silly thing to complain about. What difference does it make if it is used or not?

Was I complaining? 🤔
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member

I was being sassy.

Well, perhaps I should clarify the sassy-ness. I just think it's funny that it was clarified as "coffeemate" creamers rather than something like "packaged coffee creamers". I probably should have suggested something like International Delight to follow through on my poor excuse of a joke.

Oh ok I gotchya. That makes more sense now 😉
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Laurdy7 wrote: »
    HELP, I’m addicted to Coffeemate flavored creamers and I can’t enjoy coffee w/o it. But I know it’s really awful for you 😞 What are some healthy ways you successful MFP-ers sweeten your coffee?

Are you concerned about Coffeemate (the brand), or creamer (the product/concept)?

The brand I'm using at the moment is called International Delight. The label suggests a 1 tablespoonful serving contains 35 calories and 1.5g Fat. Not sure what you watch most, but those aren't big "bad for you" numbers.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    I use Walden Farms. It took a bit to get use to it, but love it now. I get it at the local gym. No calories and no fat.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great ideas!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member

I was being sassy.

Well, perhaps I should clarify the sassy-ness. I just think it's funny that it was clarified as "coffeemate" creamers rather than something like "packaged coffee creamers". I probably should have suggested something like International Delight to follow through on my poor excuse of a joke.

Assuming that is you in your avatar, you are too young to remember the commercials for "Sanka brand decaffeinated coffee". A bit of a cumbersome phrase.

It's not me, but I think I'm still too young to know the commercial! I'm '87.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Right now my coffee has cashew milk and one of the sugar free torani syrups. I even got myself a little milk frother, so my coffee is fancy af.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    half and half with toriani syryp - right now a chocolate and raspberry mix - I am only having it on the weekends or when I need a major pick me up - google recipes low carb - it will give you ideas for homemade vanilla and also peppermint mocha for the holiday ;-)