Macro percentages

Hey guys I was wondering if someone could help me. I had been following a high protein diet where it was recommended I was to eat 150g protein per day and was recommended to be eating in the range of 1600. I’m not a meat eater and so to reach target I was drinking protein shakes and eating protein bars along with healthy protein at each meal. However I have actually put on weight and feel absolutely rubbish! I have decided then to change my percentages of fat, carbs and protein. Anyone have any ideas what would be my optimal percentages of each? And how many calories I should be taking per day? I’m 5ft 1 and weigh 60kg at the moment. I exercise between 3-5 days per week depending and usually do a mixture of interval training and body weight exercises. I’m usually hitting 10,000 steps per day and have a sedentary job. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    MFP macros are fine. or go with 0.6-0.8g of protein per lb of body weight, 0.3-0.4g of fat and carbs the rest?

if you gained weight it was due to too many calories, not too much protein. that or it was water weight and not fat gain.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    edited October 2018
    Set your GOAL to "Lose 1 pound (1/2 kg) per week."

Set your Activity Level at Lightly Active.

When you exercise, enter that in the Exercise tab and eat at least half those calories to help fuel your body in a healthy way.

Log food. The default macros are fine...I used them for weight loss and still use them.

Keep good records and adjust in a couple months based on your results.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    At 5'1 and 60 kilograms, 1600 calories may be too much for you to be able to lose weight. Do as cmriverside suggested and you should have more success. Just make sure that you weigh everything (including prepackaged food), using measuring cups for liquids only. When we are so short we don't have much wiggle room for logging inaccuracies.