Anyone NOT on keto?

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    No Keto. Doing quite well...
  • fitchick37
    fitchick37 Posts: 124 Member
    I lasted about 12 days with full on keto, I didn't like it, I craved food with a crunch! I'm a type 1 diabetic so I'm cutting my carbs a bit to improve my blood sugar control and I do feel a load better for it. I've started losing steadily but I wanted a change in lifestyle. I want to be able to maintain this, eating well, be healthier, be fitter, lose weight and not feel deprived and dissatisfied with my food intake.
  • mikeofeconomy
    mikeofeconomy Posts: 29 Member
    Heck no! I have the inverse problem. So long as calories in stay below calories out, I'm losing weight. But because I have coronary artery disease, it's better to keep fat to a minimum. I'd like to keep fat to no more than 10% of calories. For me so far, that's been very hard to do.
  • jesselee10
    jesselee10 Posts: 31 Member
    Most high end athletes (crossfit) or others are not on a Keto diet. But they do eat natural carbs (sweet potatoes, rice, quino) and not much processed food. Hard to do though.
  • themexicanbigfoot
    themexicanbigfoot Posts: 167 Member
    I <3 carbs. Give me all of them.
  • lbryans929
    lbryans929 Posts: 42 Member
    I am not on keto.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I'm low fiber, low fat for medical reasons so no where near keto
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    No Keto here. Just eating my 1200 calories a day and getting some exercise.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Definitely non keto here. I just try to not eat too much and get lots of exercise
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    No keto here - I have enough food restrictions in my life with celiac without deliberately adding more. :o
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    I eat less carbs. & more protein/fat to feel satiated and stay under my calorie goals. No keto, no-way, no-how!
  • Niccygetsfit
    Niccygetsfit Posts: 14 Member
    I dont follow keto or fasting :) just eat 3 medium size meals a day, but i dont eat alot of carbs either.. because if i start i wont stop 😂
  • shun_getfit
    shun_getfit Posts: 2 Member
    Nope not me ! I’ve been counting my calories and watching what I eat this entire month and I’m down 10 lbs! This is the way for me ! And i love my fruits too much for keto
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    I have eaten very low carb / keto (25g net of carbs per day) for a stretch of time with no issues, but couldn't follow it into maintenance, when I started lifting. It just didn't work out, albeit I was enjoying it.

That being said, I started to gradually re-introduce them and now looking at my diary I am somewhere in the 40/30/30 C/P/F macro range on lifting days, and 30/30/40 on non-lifting days. I do not tolerate a higher-carbohydrate diet all that well. So basically my main challenge right now is eating enough of these b*tards... and it takes some careful planning to do so! I hit protein breezing, and fat easily but there are days when I look at what's left for dinner and I'm like... okay, potatoes with a side of potatoes?
This discussion has been closed.