Pity Party

Okay...I need a swift kick in the a**!

Woke up this morning at 4 a.m. because I couldn't sleep anymore, it's a whooping 8 degrees outside with no sunshine yet, and I'm craving carbs which I thought I had under control. Normally I do great with exercising but there is nothing about this day so far that is inspiring me to even do my cardio let alone any weight lifting :yawn:

Motivation or inspiration from anyone.....would so much be appreciated :frown:

Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Okay...I need a swift kick in the a**!

Woke up this morning at 4 a.m. because I couldn't sleep anymore, it's a whooping 8 degrees outside with no sunshine yet, and I'm craving carbs which I thought I had under control. Normally I do great with exercising but there is nothing about this day so far that is inspiring me to even do my cardio let alone any weight lifting :yawn:

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I'm putting on my special boot. . .

Make yourself exercise. I promise, you WILL feel better afterwards.

It is the lack of sunshine that makes the carb cravings (throw in a tiny amount of hormones and oh my lord...)

Tell yourself that if after 10 minutes you still want to quit, you can. I'd bet big money (if I had it :wink: ) that you won't quit after 10 minutes.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    hi. I hate dreary cold weather. If it were up to me, I'd hibernate in winter. You might go back to bed and sleep some of it off. You might go somewhere the mall or something. If you make yourself excercise you might feel proud about yourself and better. Have some carbs just not so much. Those are my best thoughts. Good luck!!!
  • Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    Try one of those 100 calorie packs and something hot and sugar-free! Then go for a walk!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Wow....and I complain about taking the bus to the gym in 65 degree weather.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    I know how you feel. It is 9 degrees here. I dont have a window in the house that isn't covered halfway up with snow. We had an ice storm on Wed. Power was out all over the place. And I am just plain sick of winter. SOOOOOO to top it all off we took a ride to the campground where we spend our summers and our camper had three feet of snow on the roof. The deck had snow halfway up the door. It was a sight. I was happy to come home to my warm home. AND I lost a pound this week! So I guess what I am trying to say here isDONT let the weather get you down. Have a wonderful rest of the day....
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Wow....and I complain about taking the bus to the gym in 65 degree weather.

65 degrees and you're complaining! I am so not liking you right now! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Okay...I need a swift kick in the a**!

try it this way...I WOKE UP!!! and was given enough time this morning by getting up early to be grateful for some alone time. I drank a warm cup of tea, in my cozy home, cared and loved, in the presence of my family. There is food in my home, I am surrounded by choices...after this tea, maybe I will stretch a little to some music I love, then read a book on something I am interested in. I have time, because I WOKE UP and was granted a 'free me' morning. maybe I will think up a new healthy recipe and while it is baking or rising or whatever it needs to do, I will do a few lunges. maybe a push up or two against the counter top. maybe reach up over my head an extra time to get the coffee. now a break, smelling the delicious scent of my new creation, one I know is healthy and will keep me well. well, its 5 am now and the wonderful breakfast treat I created is warm from the oven, my tea is fresh and I think I will sit quietly for a few moments an enjoy this time of mine. aaaaaahhhhh, now, my spirit is refreshed, I am content, stretched and ready for the rest of the morning......because I WOKE UP. and that is the gift of each new day, there, now, go take a vitamin c and d and hike your rump out to the sidewalk and get busy. :happy:
  • Thanks to all -- I needed the boost and you didn't let me down.

You guys are the best!

Cheers -
    :flowerforyou:

P.S. I did make it for a couple of miles on the elliptical thanks you guys :tongue:

Flachix - you were right. I WOKE UP....and for this I give thanks every day. :smile:
  • I like the way you think!
    Angie
  • Flachix,

I like the way you think!