Recipes-Chicken breasts

thelegendofsmiles
thelegendofsmiles Posts: 9 Member
edited October 2018 in Recipes
does anyone have any real good recipes for boneless chicken breasts?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    I like to grill on a cast iron griddle pan, and slice thinly to use in Vietnamese summer rolls. I serve this family style where everyone rolls their own at the table. You need to provide a bowl of water on the table for softening the rice paper wrappers. I like to provide a filler of cooked bean vermicelli mixed half and half with grated carrot. Also some shredded lettuce, and herbs such as mint, coriander and basil. You can make the nuoc cham sauce in the recipe below but it is also classic to serve with hoisin thinned down with soy, or a peanut satay sauce which are more calorific.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/aug/07/how-to-make-perfect-vietnamese-summer-rolls
  • that sounds really good
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    My hubby loves Schnitzel. The only change I make is I bake it instead of fry it.

https://pin.it/luododyxkqudfd
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I marinade in: brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, a little ketchup and a little siraracha. SOOOO good. I marinade in that, reserve a little bit. I cook them on the cast iron pan until they are almost done, brush with some of the reserved marinade and throw them under the broiler for a bit. We think they're better cooked in a pan than they are on the grill. More flavorful.

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I slice mine up and add spices I like (garlic, rosemary, lemon pepper, paprika--whatever you like, but no salt) then wrap the slices in bacon. I tie them up with string and then fry in a non-stick pan without adding oil. When they are nice and brown, I remove from the pan and cut off the string.
  • Marinade cubes in low fat greek yogurt seasoned with your choice of herbs with a little garlic (powder is fine for this) then thread onto kebab sticks with or without your choice of sliced veggies and grill 'till done.

If you like it spicy add some chilli, curry/tandoori powder or whatever floats your boat.

Simple and healthy.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    From @lwhitman208 in the Crockpot recipe thread.

Salsa Verde Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2 blocks Neufchatel cheese (low fat cream cheese)
    1 jar salsa verde

8 hours on low or 5 hours on high
    Shred the chicken and let sit to thicken for 10-15

Someone else said they made this in their Instapot.

I make this with homemade salsa verde.

24 tomatillos
    12 jalapenos
    Puree them in a blender or food processor.
    Add salt, pepper, chicken bouillon and garlic to taste.
    Pour that mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker. Leftovers freeze and reheat fine, so it also works well for meal prep.

The cream cheese is a great idea. I will try that next time. Thanks for sharing that gem, @DoubleUbea

• j3nnyesp1n0
    j3nnyesp1n0 Posts: 1 Member
    You should try www.allrecipes.com they have a bunch. I like the stuffed chicken breast.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    The cream cheese is a great idea. I will try that next time. Thanks for sharing that

Add a lot of spinach, I really like the creamy chicken & spinach. You need to thank @lwhitman208 . I have had it at a restaurant (with the spinach) but I never thought about cooking it in the crockpot.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have a ton, mostly for the crock pot which is the most used appliance in my kitchen after the coffeemaker. I made this the other night:

24 oz chicken breasts
    1 cup chicken stock
    1 cup salsa
    2 Tbl paprika
    1Tbl oregano

Dump all in crockpot (you can leave the chicken whole or cut into bite sized pieces) and cook on low 6 or more hours. An hour before serving, add one cup of dry instant brown rice and 1 cup water or chicken stock. Stir. Put the cover back on and continue cooking until rice is cooked. 4 servings.

Another favorite when I get some really nice looking chicken:

4 chicken breasts
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    4 tsp packed brown sugar
    1 Tbl. olive oil

Preheat oven to 450°F Line a baking dish or cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray

In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Add additional herbs and spices as desired.

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture.

Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes, or until juices run clear. Cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken.

• Lacey8685
    Lacey8685 Posts: 7 Member
    I've been really into this chicken shwarma marinade and homemade tzatziki for the last month or so.

https://single-girl-gourmet.blogspot.com/2018/07/chicken-shawarma-grill-or-instant-pot.html?m=1
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I really like this one

https://www.thepinningmama.com/healthy-enchilada-chicken-bake-recipe/

Or cut thin and rolled with spinach and feta or ham and swiss... then baked.
  • rgbmore
    rgbmore Posts: 85 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    I like to grill on a cast iron griddle pan, and slice thinly to use in Vietnamese summer rolls. I serve this family style where everyone rolls their own at the table. You need to provide a bowl of water on the table for softening the rice paper wrappers. I like to provide a filler of cooked bean vermicelli mixed half and half with grated carrot. Also some shredded lettuce, and herbs such as mint, coriander and basil. You can make the nuoc cham sauce in the recipe below but it is also classic to serve with hoisin thinned down with soy, or a peanut satay sauce which are more calorific.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/aug/07/how-to-make-perfect-vietnamese-summer-rolls

That sounds so delicious and would be such a nice change up from what we usually do. Summer rolls are sooooo goood. Thank you!
  • rgbmore
    rgbmore Posts: 85 Member
    https://ourbestbites.com/baked-creamy-chicken-taquitos/

You could use neufatchel cheese instead of cream cheese, and cut down on the shredded cheese, but we love this stuff. I use the carb balance tortillas. Mmmmm yummy.
  • trishypoo5446
    trishypoo5446 Posts: 1 Member
    4 chicken breasts spread marinara over the top. Spinkle with basil and low fat mozz then bake for 40 minutes at 350. Sooooooo freaking good
  • nicolepatenaude
    nicolepatenaude Posts: 1 Member
    Look up coconut curry chicken in a crockpot. It’s soo good and easy to make. Just throw the ingredients in the crockpot and forget about it
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    From @lwhitman208 in the Crockpot recipe thread.

Salsa Verde Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2 blocks Neufchatel cheese (low fat cream cheese)
    1 jar salsa verde

8 hours on low or 5 hours on high
    Shred the chicken and let sit to thicken for 10-15

Someone else said they made this in their Instapot.

This sounds amazing! What do you serve it with?
  • mariameats
    mariameats Posts: 16 Member
    Balsamic Fig chicken
    You will need shallots, balsamic vinegar, lemon and some fig jam. Simmer all that on a skillet and that will be the chicken marinade. Pair with a green salad and sweet potatoes.