Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2018
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    d922e51e795aab6b38aeda30db339139.jpg

This is no joke!

Side note: I was told at the beginning of the year when I got back from a 4 DAY VACATION, that I wasn't "allowed" to take time off in between Christmas and New Years anymore! My direct manager actually told me that I could request it, but she wouldn't approve it! I was telling Mike last night that there are no other employees that aren't allowed to take time off during that time.

And they'll wonder why I quit!

I put that cause I feel that way at work at times.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    I stayed home from work today and my only goal is naps! LOL. And maybe some time in the hot tub.

My meet didn’t go as well as I’d hoped. I had a PR on squats, 253.3 lbs, but was lower than I wanted on both bench and deadlift. Ultimately though, I placed 7th. In the nation!!! For my age/weight. Can’t be upset about that.

It could have been at least fourth, if I would have hit my expected bench and deadlift. Oh well!

Dessert for dinner as my after-meet treat! A cookie baked in a molcajete bowl with toffee bits, white chocolate, pretzel bites and sea salt, topped with ice cream. And a margarita!
    lysypaczrcsf.jpeg

You’re freaking amazing! Congrats on all your hard work and determination paying off. That dessert looks so good!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I weighed myself today and 202! Two more pounds to be at 200 & eventually under! I've been eating around 1500-1700 (some weeks I allow myself a cheat indulgence & then work it into my overall week calories). Usually it's a pint of ice cream, pizza, or another kind of dessert. Eventually I'm going to stop doing the cheat indulgences & just eat normally since I don't want to start another binge/restrict cycle, but so far this plan is working out for me.

I think my first goal weight will be 170 & then my UGW will be 160. If I feel like I still want to lose a little more weight I'll go down to 155. The only thing I'm not ready for is the onslaught of comments about my weight like I received last time considering I work with the public. I think this time I'm going to take the approach of just saying thank you & not saying anything else. If they ask how I did it I'll just say MFP & learning tips from the site.

I really do think perhaps I was too thin the first time I lost weight since I went from 300-150 & could have had at least 10-15 pounds of loose skin.

I am right there with you in terms of how close I am to getting under 200, for the hundreth time!!! We can do this!!

Definitely! This year I’m not letting the holidays and winter time derail my progress. I swear in the winter I’m like a bear and want to eat all the foods and hibernate.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    I weighed myself today and 202! Two more pounds to be at 200 & eventually under! I've been eating around 1500-1700 (some weeks I allow myself a cheat indulgence & then work it into my overall week calories). Usually it's a pint of ice cream, pizza, or another kind of dessert. Eventually I'm going to stop doing the cheat indulgences & just eat normally since I don't want to start another binge/restrict cycle, but so far this plan is working out for me.

I think my first goal weight will be 170 & then my UGW will be 160. If I feel like I still want to lose a little more weight I'll go down to 155. The only thing I'm not ready for is the onslaught of comments about my weight like I received last time considering I work with the public. I think this time I'm going to take the approach of just saying thank you & not saying anything else. If they ask how I did it I'll just say MFP & learning tips from the site.

I really do think perhaps I was too thin the first time I lost weight since I went from 300-150 & could have had at least 10-15 pounds of loose skin.

I am right there with you in terms of how close I am to getting under 200, for the hundreth time!!! We can do this!!

Definitely! This year I’m not letting the holidays and winter time derail my progress. I swear in the winter I’m like a bear and want to eat all the foods and hibernate.

Ditto! The temperature has noticeably dropped in the last 3-4 days and now I don't want the salads, I want the warmer foods. I need to get my soup maker out.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Ditto! The temperature has noticeably dropped in the last 3-4 days and now I don't want the salads, I want the warmer foods. I need to get my soup maker out.

Soup is truly the answer to winter dieting.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member

I am right there with you in terms of how close I am to getting under 200, for the hundredth time!!! We can do this!!

Speaking of soup. I don't get satisfied eating soup. I HAVE to have a sandwich or something else with it. Regardless how "hearty" it is. I get full more or less, I just don't stay full for very long.

Anyone else like that too?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member

I’m right there with you ladies!!!! I would love to be out by the end of the month.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member

I am right there with you in terms of how close I am to getting under 200, for the hundredth time!!! We can do this!!

Speaking of soup. I don't get satisfied eating soup. I HAVE to have a sandwich or something else with it. Regardless how "hearty" it is. I get full more or less, I just don't stay full for very long.

Depends on the soup. A hearty chili or potato soup can fill me up, but veggie soup doesn't get the job done.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member

-raises hand-

I definitely can't just do soup on it's own, it doesn't have any staying power for me. Sometimes I think it's partly mental, since I feel the need to chew my food and without the chewing, my mind feels like the meal hasn't concluded! :D
  • MoHousdon

-raises hand-

I definitely can't just do soup on it's own, it doesn't have any staying power for me. Sometimes I think it's partly mental, since I feel the need to chew my food and without the chewing, my mind feels like the meal hasn't concluded! :D

That's so funny that you mention the chewing part. Sometimes, I don't crave specific foods necessarily, just the action of chewing I will crave! I am glad I'm not the only weirdo out there. :smiley:
  • MoHousdon

Depends on the soup. A hearty chili or potato soup can fill me up, but veggie soup doesn't get the job done.

I don't consider chili soup, but even with chili, I have to have cornbread or crackers for it to be enough. #allaboutthemcarbs
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member

Yup. Not a fan of soup either. I like to be full, and soup just doesn't do it for me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Yup. Not a fan of soup either. I like to be full, and soup just doesn't do it for me.

I usually only have soup when I come down with a stomach virus or pair it with a main entree at a restaurant.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Hi, guys. I'm alive. I went down with a nasty head cold. (And I had soup once with whole wheat rolls. ;) )

A full update...

Sunday - NATIONALS! I woke up with a sore throat, which I thought was allergies, but now I think I was probably getting sick. I made weigh-in with almost 2 kg to spare! Yay! I hit all three of my squats. That's a first. I usually fail on one or get red-lighted for depth. I got a meet PR of 253.3 lbs/115 kg on my squat. I fought HARD for that third squat and was exhausted afterwards.

(There are three judges, one in front and one on each side. They all watch for technical issues on each lift and if they see an issue, they give you a red light. No issues = white light. So, a lift is good if you get at least two white lights. Does that make sense? I'm high on DayQuil, so I hope it does. :laugh:)

Bench press - I made 70 kgs on my first bench. We tried a big jump to 77.5 kg for my second and I fought and fought, but couldn't quite get it. I didn't even try for a third attempt (at 77.5 kg again) because I knew I wouldn't be able to get it and decided to save my strength for deadlift. I was weak and shaky at this point.

Deadlift - Pulled 160 kg pretty easily. We tried some strategy. I skipped my second deadlift for the extra rest time, and had 177.5 kg (391 lbs) on the bar. I would have placed 4th if I could have lifted it, but I just didn't have it in me. So, I placed 8th in my age/weight. Which isn't too shabby and I shouldn't be disappointed, but I am, a little.

Squat 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALE29uL8RDQ

Squat 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjQVDTOeDVc

Squat 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTluSP9CJPM

Bench 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxoQ3qYUi4

Bench 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEY2dsnymwI

Deadlift 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp717wDl2wo

Deadlift 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgDdXGm1BYQ
  • aurolena
    aurolena Posts: 18 Member
    I track from midnight to midnight, mainly to hide (from myself) how much I end up eating at night. I guess it still works since I'm still tracking every bite, I'm just eating into the next day's allowance at 12:01 lmao.

I can't wait to move back to 3rd shift schedule. I was never hungry when I stayed up all night!
  • quiksylver296
    aurolena wrote: »
    I track from midnight to midnight, mainly to hide (from myself) how much I end up eating at night. I guess it still works since I'm still tracking every bite, I'm just eating into the next day's allowance at 12:01 lmao.

I can't wait to move back to 3rd shift schedule. I was never hungry when I stayed up all night!

I always thought it was easier on night shift, too. I'd eat two meals instead of three, and never felt deprived.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Hi, guys. I'm alive. I went down with a nasty head cold. (And I had soup once with whole wheat rolls. ;) )

A full update...

Sunday - NATIONALS! I woke up with a sore throat, which I thought was allergies, but now I think I was probably getting sick. I made weigh-in with almost 2 kg to spare! Yay! I hit all three of my squats. That's a first. I usually fail on one or get red-lighted for depth. I got a meet PR of 253.3 lbs/115 kg on my squat. I fought HARD for that third squat and was exhausted afterwards.

(There are three judges, one in front and one on each side. They all watch for technical issues on each lift and if they see an issue, they give you a red light. No issues = white light. So, a lift is good if you get at least two white lights. Does that make sense? I'm high on DayQuil, so I hope it does. :laugh:)

Bench press - I made 70 kgs on my first bench. We tried a big jump to 77.5 kg for my second and I fought and fought, but couldn't quite get it. I didn't even try for a third attempt (at 77.5 kg again) because I knew I wouldn't be able to get it and decided to save my strength for deadlift. I was weak and shaky at this point.

Deadlift - Pulled 160 kg pretty easily. We tried some strategy. I skipped my second deadlift for the extra rest time, and had 177.5 kg (391 lbs) on the bar. I would have placed 4th if I could have lifted it, but I just didn't have it in me. So, I placed 8th in my age/weight. Which isn't too shabby and I shouldn't be disappointed, but I am, a little.

Squat 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALE29uL8RDQ

Squat 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjQVDTOeDVc

Squat 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTluSP9CJPM

Bench 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxoQ3qYUi4

Bench 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEY2dsnymwI

Deadlift 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp717wDl2wo

Deadlift 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgDdXGm1BYQ

I think you did awesomely, but I can understand the disappointment. Do you think that getting sick might have affected your lifts? I get horrible fatigue when I have a cold.
  • quiksylver296
    Yes, @Susieq_1994. I think the cold seriously affected my performance, unfortunately. I'm still fighting this thing, eight days later. :/