Some days I struggle to eat 1000 calories?

Hello! I am trying out a low carb diet and I eat more proteins and such. One problem I have is that since protein fills me up so much with so little, I sometimes struggle to eat 1000 calories a day..

My question is, is this bad if it’s only 1-2 days a week? If I’m
Not hungry should I make myself eat something? Thank you for any advice and feel free to add me ☺️

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    First, make sure you're tracking and logging accurately, using correct database entries, and weighing food where appropriate. This is a good thread https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

That said, I look at my calories on a weekly basis. I have some higher days and some lower days but aim to come in relatively close to my calorie goal for the week. I wouldn't sweat one or two low days unless my energy started to suffer as a consequence (as has happened in the past).
  • Dozer8814
    Dozer8814 Posts: 29 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    First, make sure you're tracking and logging accurately, using correct database entries, and weighing food where appropriate. This is a good thread https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

That said, I look at my calories on a weekly basis. I have some higher days and some lower days but aim to come in relatively close to my calorie goal for the week. I wouldn't sweat one or two low days unless my energy started to suffer as a consequence (as has happened in the past).

Thank you so much! I do have a food scale (a crummy one, but one nonetheless) and do weigh it or measure! I didn’t think about counting weekly calories versus daily. Thanks again! I’ll check over weekly for the last couple times and see how it’s been. ☺️
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Add in more fat.
  • Dozer8814
    Dozer8814 Posts: 29 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Add in more fat.

I do try eating lots of heathy fats. My protein is typically from meat and it is all homemade home raised and when we process it, we add our own fats and things. The reason l get full is I only eat meats and veggies or fruits and that just fills me up! Typical day is 2 eggs and a slice or two of bacon for breakfast. Turkey burger (no bun) or 2 for lunch. And then dinner is chicken or venison with veggies...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Dozer8814 wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Add in more fat.

I do try eating lots of heathy fats. My protein is typically from meat and it is all homemade home raised and when we process it, we add our own fats and things. The reason l get full is I only eat meats and veggies or fruits and that just fills me up! Typical day is 2 eggs and a slice or two of bacon for breakfast. Turkey burger (no bun) or 2 for lunch. And then dinner is chicken or venison with veggies...

How far under your calorie goal are you eating? Are you making sure your logging is as accurate as possible? Are you losing at your expected rate or faster? If you are low 1 day but your weekly average is what it should be and your weight loss is not too fast then it is not a big concern. If your goal should be 1,800+ calories and you are under that regularly and losing 2+ lbs a week then you are not really doing this in a healthy way and should change your plan.

You can add more fats or more carbs and easily get to 1200 calories.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
    Eat more of what you used to eat before you started dieting.
    Drink a glass of whole milk, shake or smoothie. Have a banana or avocado. Put some cheese on your turkey burger. Use some condiments, gravies or sauces. Have some peanut butter. Eat a potato or some beans. Have some peas. Eat less lean meats. Cook with some oils.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Grab a handful (1 oz) of almonds - only about 3 "net" carbs
  • Ashlynnluv
    Ashlynnluv Posts: 8 Member
    I'm glad I read this post! I was struggling with the same thing!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,893 Member
    Dozer8814 wrote: »
    Hello! I am trying out a low carb diet and I eat more proteins and such. One problem I have is that since protein fills me up so much with so little, I sometimes struggle to eat 1000 calories a day..

My question is, is this bad if it’s only 1-2 days a week? If I’m
    Not hungry should I make myself eat something? Thank you for any advice and feel free to add me ☺️

How long has this been going on and how much weight have you lost in that time?