White tongue...anyone?

Options
Everyonelies
Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
Sooooo..... day 23...not much appetite...little weight loss this week...and a white tongue...

What gives!?!? any relation to keto...or am I just breaking down? :(

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Dehydration?

It's not thrush, is it?
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I was thinking thrush. Dehydration and a soft food diet can cause it too.
    It might be worth a trip to the dr. If its thrush u need to find out why you have an imbalance of candida, especially when you aren't eating sugar.
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    I drink between 3-4L of water a day, if not more...I do not believe it's thrush. After I had lunch yesterday, I went to brush my teeth/scrub my tongue and it was gone already. Not sure what the deal was. I am hoping it was a one time thing because these little changes tend to freak me out! lol

Thanks!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I drink between 3-4L of water a day, if not more...I do not believe it's thrush. After I had lunch yesterday, I went to brush my teeth/scrub my tongue and it was gone already. Not sure what the deal was. I am hoping it was a one time thing because these little changes tend to freak me out! lol

Thanks!

Hydration is not just about water. How much sodium are you getting with all that water?
    You can be dehydrated while drinking gallons a day if you don’t get enough sodium.
    The fact it cleared up after having lunch, meaning you no doubt took in sodium with your food could be a further clue.
  • Everyonelies
    Options

Thanks!

Hydration is not just about water. How much sodium are you getting with all that water?
    You can be dehydrated while drinking gallons a day if you don’t get enough sodium.
    The fact it cleared up after having lunch, meaning you no doubt took in sodium with your food could be a further clue.

@Sunny_Bunny_ This week I have been adding a teaspoon of salt to my Powerade...so I am getting more sodium in than the previous weeks...yet it was the first time it happened. My seasoning also have sodium, and I salt my food...it hasn't happened again...it was just an odd thing
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Thanks!

@Sunny_Bunny_ This week I have been adding a teaspoon of salt to my Powerade...so I am getting more sodium in than the previous weeks...yet it was the first time it happened. My seasoning also have sodium, and I salt my food...it hasn't happened again...it was just an odd thing

It may be completely unrelated but just FYI, the typical minimum recommendation is 2Tsp of salt a day and that doesn’t count what you put on food. That’s in addition to what you put on food, so even if the white tongue isn’t related, I still think you’re sodium deficient.
  • Everyonelies
    Options

Thanks!

It may be completely unrelated but just FYI, the typical minimum recommendation is 2Tsp of salt a day and that doesn’t count what you put on food. That’s in addition to what you put on food, so even if the white tongue isn’t related, I still think you’re sodium deficient.

@Sunny_Bunny_ -You may be right! I am upping my salt intake, hope to see better results, I really want this to work, aside form weight issues, there are hormonal issues I am hoping to fix with this. Thanks so much!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

Thanks!

@Sunny_Bunny_ -You may be right! I am upping my salt intake, hope to see better results, I really want this to work, aside form weight issues, there are hormonal issues I am hoping to fix with this. Thanks so much!

FWIW, I track mine and add salt to the Crystal Light I drink to make it all add up correctly.