What was your turning point?

2»

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Cleaning everything out of my life that was toxic. Family went first... was the hardest to break and the reason I'm so screwed up and have major issues with food (Dad would call me fat and thunder thighs... I'm 6'2 and was 170 lbs at the time pure muscle as I swam 6 days a week 5-8 hours a day due to being on a water polo team and two swim teams)... Next went the job where i just stuffed my face for 12 hours and ate out for EVERY single meal as well as two starbucks runs a day.... now I'm at a good job, assists with school tuition, great hours, less stress... better people

And now it's finally my turn to cut the toxic stuff out of me. Weight, poor perception of myself, low self esteem...

Wow! Bet your back story would be an eye opener for many! Family can be the best of the supporters or the worst of enemies!
  • Its_Haleeyyy
    Its_Haleeyyy Posts: 39 Member
    I was always heavy and gained about 30 pounds this last year. I kept saying I was gonna lose weight and didn't because of laziness and liking to eat what I want. Went to the doctor recently and my cholesterol is extremely high. I NEED to get my cholesterol down and I want to get this weight off and feel good about myself.
  • MissJessAU77
    MissJessAU77 Posts: 7 Member
    The photos taken of me at a triathlon in October 2015, oh god they were awful.
  • servant2you
    servant2you Posts: 30 Member
    It was difficult to do simple things
  • showjack70
    showjack70 Posts: 57 Member
    I was about to have to move up to a size 40 pant, man boobs, and seeing myself in photos.
  • BreezyWerner
    BreezyWerner Posts: 24 Member
    My turning point is more of a story - I am 22 going on 23, I have an amazing boyfriend and our beautiful daughter is almost four and I refuse to take pictures with them. I look in the albums and all I see is her and my boyfriend and it’s supposed to be ‘family pictures’. I became ashamed once again of how I look and that I feel embarrassed of myself, I didn’t want to see my friends, I didn’t want to be seen in public, I didn’t even want to go on dates with my boyfriend. I would stay home and eat my emotions. Our daughter keeps asking why mommy doesn’t want to come and I feel bad. I’m way too young to let myself go the way I did. I’m 5’6 and started my journey 2 weeks ago at 203 pounds. The heaviest I’ve ever been. 2 weeks of kicking my butt and I’m at 193 and I’m going to keep pushing because I do not want to disappoint myself and especially not my daughter. I lost myself, I don’t see my friends and I don’t have a life because of this weight and what it did to my self esteem. And honestly I don’t know where this motivation and determination and discipline came from but I am extremely happy it’s here and I never want to go back. From crying with boxes of pizza to going hard at the gym and cooking healthy meals!!

You can do this. Four months ago, I was close to 200 pounds. I have lost over 30 pounds. I feel so much better. I have more to lose. My self esteem has sky rocketed. You got this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!