WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Heather, woot! SO pleased for you and with you...

Rebecca, so pleased for your early Christmas!

Lenora, very good to see you posting.

More tomorrow.

Love y'all.
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • Barbie - When I went out to Oklahoma to visit a friend I had not seen since we first met (in elementary school), they'd say, "Say something, we love your drawl!" One thing I have found is that we are all learning different ways to live life.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Rebecca, so happy that you will see your baby boy before he heads off to Japan! What a lovely early Christmas present!
    Michele, congrats on your upcoming grandmother status! I must echo other ladies, go spend thanksgiving with Denise and her in laws, it could be a good opportunity to get to know them better.
    Lisa, reading your blog just makes me smile so much! Happy for you that the moving process is happening!
    Felicia, I hope I've got the right person and that it is you who lost her sister last year. Don't be so hard on yourself, losing a close family member isn't something you get over. It's been almost 8 years since I lost my mom and I still get quite teary sometimes. There doesn't seem to be a trigger, I just get blindsided by it. I j7st accept it and try to come up with a happy memory, fortunately there are lots of those.

So much wisdom on this thread lately, can't remember everything that I wanted to comment on so just going to say a general "thank you" to all of you. Every one of you adds a little bit of good to my day! Thanks also for all the great pics of pets and people, love them!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Hugs Allie! <3

WE HAVE EXCHANGED! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :D:p

Phew! Now we can get going on organising our move. The final legal stuff isn't completed until moving day, but there is a big penalty for dropping out beforje then, so it rarely happens.
    I tried to redirect mail online this morning, but it wasn't having it. Will have to go in to the Post Office.

DH has to organise house insurance and telephone/wifi.

We are MEGA relieved.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
    Hugs Allie! <3

Phew! Now we can get going on organising our move. The final legal stuff isn't completed until moving day, but there is a big penalty for dropping out before then, so it rarely happens.
    I tried to redirect mail online this morning, but it wasn't having it. Will have to go in to the Post Office.

We are MEGA relieved.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
    Hugs Allie! <3

Phew! Now we can get going on organising our move. The final legal stuff isn't completed until moving day, but there is a big penalty for dropping out before then, so it rarely happens.

We are MEGA relieved.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
    Hugs Allie! <3

We are MEGA relieved.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
    Hugs Allie! <3

We are MEGA relieved.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
    Hugs Allie! <3

We are MEGA relieved.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
    Hugs Allie! <3

We are MEGA relieved.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
    Hugs Allie! <3

We are MEGA relieved.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!🎈🎉🍾🎊 I am happy for you. 😘😘😘😘
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Hi Gals,

Heather – So delighted for you!!!!

Maggie – welcome

Karen in Vir- please a definition – fascinator vs hat

Rebecca - How exciting! There is a store here that sells overripe bananas for 50% off, but you have to buy a whole “bag” last time I was looking at them the smallest bag was 4lbs…

Well, one of the many things I have been doing in the last 10 years since losing my corporate job and opening my own business has been driving friends to things they needed a ride to (airport, doctors appt…) I do far less of it now then I did back when I was first laid off. But tonight (3:45am on Friday morning) I am picking up a friend and taking her to San Francisco – so headed to bed soon, as I’ll be up at 3:15am to get to her house – then 2 hours of driving and back home about 5:45 to get Levi and take him for a walk, and then a full day, and off to a high school football game in the evening… I’ll sleep well tomorrow night!

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) My father grew up in West Texas but left when he was 19 years old. I remember my mother saying that when she went to Texas to visit his family, she could barely understand a word they were saying. It was English that sounded so different from how she talked in the Northeast.

I was talking to one of my students about it today. She learned Spanish as her first language in her home in the US, and she said when she goes to Mexico to visit her grandparents, she can barely understand anyone. Language is so interesting.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Lanette Thanks for the https://brokenbrain.com/trailer/?id=1002 link. Signed up and will make time to watch when first episode available Oct 24.
    Rebecca Christmas in October, great idea, enjoy!
    Lenora, thanks for the update. Trusting the power and water will be back on SOON!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 14/18, rx/vits 12/18, meditate 10/18, walk one more step 17/18, knee exercises 10/18, core 3/8, walk Tumble 1/8 times, SWSY 0/4, hang up or purge art 0/0, AF 13/18.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,804 Member
    @coastalgosgal & @cityjaneLondon ... very pleased for you. :)

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited October 2018
    Machka - So happy for you, and him, that he has made such great progress. It is a tribute to his strength and fitness, and your devoted care, that he has done so well. I'm sure the cycling is contributing greatly to his recovery. I know there are still challenges, and probably always will be, but I can remember that terrible blackness and despair you were in earlier in the year. It looked so very bad. The brain is so very much more flexible than we once thought, thank goodness, and you have been a great team. Well done! <3

Only had one awake hour in the night! I re-read, MEDITATION FOR FIDGETY SCEPTICS, by Dan Harris, which has really helped me get through this moving business. :D I'm doing mini meditations when I'm feeling stressed, or before sleep. I like the style of his two books. No woo woo nonsense. Very human.

Today is mail redirection, scheduling a hair trim and sending off removal forms. Oh, and another kitchen drawer to declutter. I looked inside it a few days ago and managed to discard 5 wooden spoons, but there is more to do. I'm trying to keep my writing going most days and have succeeded. I was in the middle of my morning session yesterday when the phone rang to tell us we'd exchanged! That put an end to that! :laugh: DH will think about utilities. We've done tv and wifi etc.

I've organised my cleaner to come on the packing day, the day before completion and actual moving, so she can clean behind the guys as they clear rooms. Clean cupboards etc. I will also clean, but I remember last time I nearly killed myself hoovering etc and I am 9 years older now! I may borrow an extra hoover as one of ours is a Dyson and runs out of puff in twenty minutes. The other is held together with gaffer tape! Lots of kitchen/utility cupboards to clean as well. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I don't want to leave it a mess. Too much pride! She is happy to earn the money and is really sad we are going. :'(<3
    We are paying for a full packing service - v expensive, but worth it at our age, but we are unpacking boxes at the other end. Want to take my time and maybe discard more stuff!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning ladies and here are the crack of dawn...been awake since probably 1:30 am ..thinking of everything I have to do today....move a bunch of stuff and go grocery shopping...
    Still have a pit in my stomach that Tom is off to Florida with Elena..I remember those rides and it was fun,and how I loved our place down there..oh well get my butt off the pity pot.and put my big girl pants on and deal with it...
    Just looked at the portal for my Drs office,and when it's staring you in the face morbidly obese is not something you want to see..today is grocery shopping day and I pray I make good choices..
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    LANETTE is the Broken Brain docu series the same one we saw earlier this year

HEATHER forgot to say I read the decluttering book you recommended and I have done a lot of clearing out cupboards and drawers. It really was a lightbulb moment for me

Kate UK <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Karen VA- Very festive fascinator/hatinator! :D