Filling Foods

Protein never make me feel full. The only thing that make me feel full is carbs. For me eating eggs is like consuming air.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I've heard a lot of people say that too, so you are not alone.
    Hows your fat/fibre macros in general? those can help with satiety. I'm the opposite, I need protein and fats to keep me fuller for longer.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    I am the same. Towards the beginning of my journey I would eat chicken like crazy in hopes to make myself feel full. It never worked. I'd eat a chicken breast and then 20 minutes later be ready for more. The same with veggies. They just don't keep me full. One thing that I have found to keep me full, and this is really weird, are things like beans. I ate a burrito bowl with a ton of black beans and have been full for going on 3 hours. Specifically it had black beans, chicken, mushrooms, sour cream, guacamole, and a tiny bit of salsa. Its the only thing I can eat that actually keeps me full and I have no idea why.
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    I suspect the reason the burrito bowl kept you full is because of the fiber—-beans, guacamole, ingredients like that.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited October 2018
    Fat and protein here. Carbs are meh on the satiety scale for me, but still delicious :wink: Too bad peanut butter is so calorie dense.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    I suspect the reason the burrito bowl kept you full is because of the fiber—-beans, guacamole, ingredients like that.

Or maybe just the fat (guacamole and sour cream). Or maybe, with all those things in it, unless they were unusually small portions, it was a crap-ton of calories.