Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    edited October 2018
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

It has been my goal to get more men in my department we started with 1 we now have 5.

Computers are such a stress, did a clean up and got an error message after the online tech left. I do watch to see what they do where they go and so I had to wait until today to get it fixed. I restarted computer just now and it did not reoccur- and it took me time last night to figure out what the message meant. Did not sleep well so I am up early and as I know all is okay - I will hot water bottle/lavender myself to sleep after breakfast.

Lady had been a temp that got hired and had been at work 5 months but yesterday was her last day and her supervisor did nothing to help her. Hate to see that, she is my age (last chapter of working career) and I know how hard it is to get work. Was lucky enough to say goodbye before she left, all I could do.

QOTD: so full of them this week - what exercise did you start to be healthier?

AOTD: I started walking breaks to increase steps and now walk after dinner - company lunch was an hour for a change and I took almost 15 minutes and walked so no after dinner walk needed.

Can work what I want in my file with any luck- phew. Will lurk from work. Did not mean to write another essay.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    AOTD: Completed my second week of Boot Camp Challenge this morning. I'm having a knee issue and modify some of the higher impact exercises, but I'm moving. Also walked uptown to pay bills last night after dinner.

Waving to all!
  • stewarm01
    stewarm01 Posts: 331 Member
    Good morning everyone,

Really, really fell off my healthier lifestyle these past TWO weeks. To be honest, I've eaten like a *kitten fool. I'm willing to bet 5000 calories per day.

Going to start again on Monday, (it's a mind thing for me, I have to have a free day leeway in), I'm making a real plan up AGAIN.

Oh well, I'm owning it though.

Have a great day all.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Good morning all~~

One eye is open.....

I'll be on the lounge chair over on the sunny section of the beach....BBL

Lana
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    AOTD - I have walked a lot this time losing weight. So far since I started walking in April I have walked 232 Miles. I track it on an excel sheet. I want to start doing some strength training, but haven't convinced myself to do so yet.
  • stewarm01
    stewarm01 Posts: 331 Member
    @brennerjlb THANKS for the insight.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    edited October 2018
    @brennerjlb - That could be me writing that. I don't think of it as a diet this time either. I think it's helping. I have never tried any of the fad diets out there, I watched my Mom do that for years and they never worked. My Mom lost weight when my brother had to start preparing her meals. He practiced portion control only. No food was restricted. That is my inspiration now. Since he won't move across the country and feed me, I have to do it using MFP and it's working slowly but surely.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    AOTD - a friend got me into doing virtual races. I have actually been walking/running pretty consistently, so much so that I actually invested in a pair of "real" running shoes, which have made a world of difference! As an added challenge, I have been running while holding a 5 pound weight in each hand. hoping that will eventually go toward help tone arms and burn 1 or 2 more calories.

I also reset my calorie intake to 1200 to kick me off my plateau. It was previously set at 1390 based on the wellness center recommendations & calculations of BMR & BMI.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

I went to go watch baseball, knit and drink coffee. The association I am attached to was having their Oktoberfest complete with bratwurst beer and potato/macaroni salad - I got a cup of coffee and a hot dog and found out I had a package waiting for me. Had no clue on the party or the package- probably looked like a space cadet.....

Good news, left the beer/potato/macaroni salad and cookies alone -so while the calories flew into the red it could be even worse.

Package has my new pedometer and I will post my steps just to bore you all every day starting tomorrow.

Wishing all a great night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

All that food has not yet registered on my scale - just wait. Pedometer is around my neck and we shall see how many steps I have taken.

Sup is at home as of yesterday after lunch - she will be back Monday. Dont hold your breath. Coworker and I went together for MegaMillion lottery tickets ($6 each)- will be fun just to sing the "Take this job and "kitten" it" this weekend for fun.

Also got a book to read on Eleanor Roosevelt - but was zonked so will pick up again today. Wave to all who follow.

TGIF

Steps:19
  • LanaCabana537

Hey All~

Flying by.....off to doctor appointment.....

bbL

Lana

243.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2018
    Nice medal/ribbon Runa!

My pedometer is working well and my day is not quite done yet walking but if I do all that I did today 10.000 steps is obtained and a little more. So now the plan is to eat less, and to be consistent with the steps.

Will post final count - take watch/pedometer off after last walk.

total steps 10574
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited October 2018
    Runa - that is so cool! Do you pay for a specific App or just find runs? I just can't seem to have money at right time... congrats! Super cool!

Sara - good steps! In all the walking I think I do, I get nowhere near 10,000... definitely a huge difference from working at shelter

Lana - hope Dr appt went well!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    2dgl8ebvdoyv.jpg

Not to be pushy... but, Scentsy is having a second FLASH SALE, this coming Monday! There will be different items discounted... up to 80% Thanks for your support!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9914513
  • Tilliesmommy1
    dawn, am I reading this right for pacific time it starts at 3am? if so, well that I can do!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Had a to do pile on table, half already done- seems the package sent by my company for my annual benefits is pretty much legal docs and 2 booklets telling me to find the answers online. Wow, what a waste of money except the big change is that if people are married they have to show legal proof - so one wonders what prompted that?

Will make sure to get extra walking in today as I dont walk as much on weekends.

Will make Chicken Broccoli Teriyaki this weekend - there is a recipe on Skinnytaste.

Back for a little more zzzz - wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara -
    Waves to all who follow.

Gloomy rainy day here. My mood has been in the weeds....I'm trying to pull myself out....

BBL

Lana

246.4 today
    250.0 highest
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Weed = something you smoke?? >:)