Apple Watch exercises not syncing with My Fitness

jjvagua
jjvagua Posts: 1 Member
Has anyone noticed My Fitness app doesn’t sync all Apple Watch workouts? I thought this would change with new IPhone/Watch but only thing it has synced has been walking/running

None of my HIIT workouts are syncing

Thanks

Replies

• belliott919
    belliott919 Posts: 12 Member
    I have noticed the same thing, not sure what the issue is.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Me too. :( .
  • Smitten823
    Smitten823 Posts: 18 Member
    Same here! I wonder if it’s a new iPhone / iwatch update? If anyone figures it out please let us know :) TIA!
  • xrayhexx
    xrayhexx Posts: 11 Member
    I'm having the same issue, except my watch is a Series 3 and my phone is a 6S plus. Sometimes it syncs, most of the time it doesn't -- and usually on days when I've had particularly tough workouts, which is frustrating! :)
  • lourosjr1
    lourosjr1 Posts: 3 Member
    Use app RunGap to sync to anything you want, it's an extra step, but you can autosync to many sites at the same time. The Nike App does not transfer Weather data.
  • kistockman
    kistockman Posts: 80 Member
    Yeah....only syncing my yoga, walking, strength and walking. Also no syncing any of my higher impact or high calorie burn. If I call my aerobic workouts "dance" it may sync, but that seems pretty random and not really accurate. Too frustrating.
  • denorios
    denorios Posts: 38 Member
    Has anyone had any issues with no workouts at all syncing? Currently MFP is not showing any of my workouts today, though they're in Apple's Activity Centre and in my Healthkit. Steps are showing in MFP but not workouts.
  • tuxenfitness
    tuxenfitness Posts: 3 Member
    Same here
  • Kbloss11
    Kbloss11 Posts: 1 Member
    Same issue here as well! It used to always sync but I have had to put the workouts in manually for a couple of weeks now.
  • mikelweber
    mikelweber Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Its a known issue... and they don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it.
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2917162-apple-watch-exercises
  • nikireese9
    nikireese9 Posts: 2 Member
    Repinging this thread. I am having this problem currently. Has anyone figured it out? Last week it seemed to be working and now 50/50 this week. It logged my walk but not my step class from yesterday. Do you think it has to do with what the workouts are called? That is has to match exactly to what is in the MYF database?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited January 2020
    nikireese9 wrote: »
    Repinging this thread. I am having this problem currently. Has anyone figured it out? Last week it seemed to be working and now 50/50 this week. It logged my walk but not my step class from yesterday. Do you think it has to do with what the workouts are called? That is has to match exactly to what is in the MYF database?

Yes kinda, or the workouts do have to match some generics that MFP tells 3rd parties to use for successful syncing.

Considering that Apple doesn't even send over the correct calorie info for MFP to do match with correctly - it would not surprise me that they would send over incorrect workout info.
    I'm actually shocked the workouts part works as well as it has.

If you are at all interested in the calorie info coming across correctly, and actually getting credit for extra daily activity, and not having your calorie goal REDUCED by the amount of your workouts - don't sync directly with Apple anyway.

Disconnect that sync.

Find Pacer in the list of Apps and sync with that.
    In Pacer app sync with Apple Health account.

Now MFP will get the correct info to work with and display.
    Hey, this may even fix the current workouts issue.
  • muskieschaef
    muskieschaef Posts: 27 Member
    Same here. Only tracks my steps 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • erindymphna12
    erindymphna12 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2020
    ughhhh i wish they would fix this, although the "pacer" workaround seems to be working, so, thanks for that!
  • Lunchbox725
    Lunchbox725 Posts: 1 Member
    Make sure that MFP is set to sync with the Health App as well. Open Health App, tap your profile picture>Privacy>Apps>MFP>Turn on all categories. This fixed it for me!
  • ltkent95
    ltkent95 Posts: 1 Member
    It always added my steps but yesterday I added my own exercise routine... now the steps aren’t showing!
  • heybales
    ltkent95 wrote: »
    It always added my steps but yesterday I added my own exercise routine... now the steps aren’t showing!

Add your own exercise to MFP or to Apple watch?

Steps aren't showing on which system?

Sounds like you are merely telling the MFP app to use the Apple Watch as a step source.
    When you logged the exercise, if on MFP - did it ask for Start time and duration along with the exercise?
  • RaraHiccup
    RaraHiccup Posts: 1 Member
    I don’t know if anyone is still having issues but just another thing I found.
    MFP was showing steps but no exercises at all was messaging around with settings and solved it.
    In MFP - More - Settings - Sharing & Privacy - HealthKit Sharing - Turn all categories on
    My exercises appeared!
  • heybales
    RaraHiccup wrote: »
    I don’t know if anyone is still having issues but just another thing I found.
    MFP was showing steps but no exercises at all was messaging around with settings and solved it.
    In MFP - More - Settings - Sharing & Privacy - HealthKit Sharing - Turn all categories on
    My exercises appeared!

Great find.

But unless this takes care of an inherent problem with Apple not sending correct info on daily calorie burn - you still won't get any credit for those exercises.

Unless this is not linking the accounts, only the Watch. Then you might get credit.

If you go to MFP Exercise Diary for a prior day you had a workout show up, is there not only the workout, but also a line for Apple Calorie Adjustment?

If there is and you tap on it to see more details, under Projected does it show this:
    (Based on XXXX calories burned as of 11:59 pm)

If so does that match what Apple watch said you burned in total for that day, base, moving, and exercise calories all combined?