• cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 171.8
    Challenge Goal: 165

Week 1: 171.4
    Week 2: 171.7
    Week 3: 174.7
    Week 4: 175.0

A positive thought for the week: Still going in the wrong direction, but not upset about it
    Healthy snack or meal: Bone broth
    Best workout this week: arm work outs

Comments: Have a great week everyone!
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 129.6
    Challenge Goal: 125
    Week 1: 132.6
    Week 2: 128.6
    Week 3: 129.0
    Week 4: 128.2

A positive thought for the week: reconnected with a friend from college, played bananagrams
    Healthy snack or meal: I ate another salad
    Best workout this week: dog walk. No energy due to sickness, so our walks have been a bit short.

Comments: I've just been trying to rest :#
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 142.3 lbs
    Challenge Goal: 135.0 lbs

Week 1: 139.3 lbs
    Week 2: 140.5 lbs
    Week 3: 142.4 lbs
    Week 4: 141.1 lbs

I honesty had a horrible weekend that blurred my week. My birthday is one month from today and I’m feeling so down. So many things I wanted to have accomplished by now....first it was by 25, then by marriage, then it was after I get my real job, then after I have my first child, surely when I turn 35....and I can go on and on and on....all those dates have came and gone.

My life has changed so quickly in such a short amount of time. In the last 6/7 years I’ve had 4 jobs, I’ve moved (to different cities) 3 times, I’ve gotten married and I’ve had 3 children and I’ve been out of work twice for over a years time each.

Something did come to my thoughts on Saturday though. I am home with my children on the weekends. They cannot be ignored. I literally realized that on Saturday. Lol! They go to school during the week and so between the hours of 8-4 I am without them. If I focus on doing everything I want to get done during this time (working out, cooking, errands, preparing for class, cleaning) my stress level may decrease when I have them in the evenings during the week and on the weekends.

I also realized too. If I’m truly tired of buying pull-ups then I need to step it up and potty train them (the girls) and get involved with their teacher and ask everyday what is their progress.

I know we all have the same 24 hours so it is pointless to use the phrase “I don’t have time” so Sunday I mapped out my schedule for the week and will see where I am wasting time and how I can improve my quality of life.

I honestly need to go ahead and fill out my home loan application and start looking for full time employment...if that’s what I truly want (you know sometimes we want things and get them and will still complain). Go figure!..us humans. We are so complex.

Anyway, thanks ladies for listening. I told a certain someone on Sunday that I just want to go lay in the bed and cry and he looked at me and literally said “for what?”....and I was thinking....don’t we live in the same house with the same kids and have the same life????? :-O

Last night I was able to wash all the dishes, help my son with his homework, do the girls’ hair and workout and I had two good class periods and I was in the bed for 9. This morning I made it to the gym and 5:05 for some cardio and class in getting ready to start in a bit.

I’m going to take this thing called life day by day. Yes I have a lot of responsibilities (some I asked for and some I didn’t) but I know the one who gave me this life knows I can handle it, each and every aspect of it, and I truly believe that.

Have a great day everyone!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    arameni wrote: »

A positive thought for the week: reconnected with a friend from college, played bananagrams
    Best workout this week: dog walk. No energy due to sickness, so our walks have been a bit short.

YOU’RE NEARLY TO YOUR GOAL! Yay!!! I hope you feel better soon.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    cxwhit3 wrote: »

A positive thought for the week: Still going in the wrong direction, but not upset about it

What is bone broth for? Benefits? I see A LOT of people that eat/drink it. Also, I’ve been focusing on my arms lately too. I want some GUNS!!! Lol!
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 210 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 228.6
    Challenge Goal: Maintain below 230.0 (was: 215.0)
    Week 1: 229.2
    Week 2: 228.4
    Week 3: 228.8
    Week 4: 228.4

Positive thought for the week: Aiming at maintaining this weight.
    Healthy snack or meal: Chicken curry salad (Target) with naan bread.
    Best workout this week: Body bike during TV treat.
    Grueling schedule continued. I changed my goal to maintenance for the rest of the challenge/semester.
  • SmithsonianEmpress

Grueling schedule continued. I changed my goal to maintenance for the rest of the challenge/semester.

Why did you change your goal?
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 137
    Challenge Goal: 132
    Week 1: 136
    Week 2: 137
    Week 3: 134
    Week 4: 133

Positive thought: Swimming! I can use my dodgy arm/chest muscle well enough to swim properly without it feeling weird, finally! I did 20 lengths on Sunday and it felt good!
    Healthy snack/meal: I’m really bad at this one, it’s the ‘not healthy’ things that stick out. This week: lebkuchen are back in the shops and I had to buy some despite it only being October.
    Best workout: Week 6 run 3, 25 mins without stopping. I’ll get my 5k by Christmas.
  • cxwhit3

What is bone broth for? Benefits? I see A LOT of people that eat/drink it. Also, I’ve been focusing on my arms lately too. I want some GUNS!!! Lol!

Bone broth is supposed to be good for skin, hair and nails. Lots of collagen protein, generally low in fat and calories. I'm try to drink it as a way to jump start my keto again. Did a "mini-fast" today where I drank 5 cups of the stuff and didn't eat anything else. (I did cheat and have coffee with cream, no sugar this morning). I think lots of good minerals too. It is made by boiling/simmering the bone for a long time until the collagen melts into the broth and you can also crack open the bones to get the marrow, which is supposed to add more good stuff.
  • cxwhit3

Sometimes it good to know your limitations. Don't leave us! Just hang in there.
  • cxwhit3

Positive thought: Swimming! I can use my dodgy arm/chest muscle well enough to swim properly without it feeling weird, finally! I did 20 lengths on Sunday and it felt good!
    Healthy snack/meal: I’m really bad at this one, it’s the ‘not healthy’ things that stick out. This week: lebkuchen are back in the shops and I had to buy some despite it only being October.
    Best workout: Week 6 run 3, 25 mins without stopping. I’ll get my 5k by Christmas.

What are lebkuchen?
  • cxwhit3
    arameni wrote: »

Feel better soon!
  • poeciliareticulata

What are lebkuchen?

Lebkuchen are a German Christmas treat a bit like gingerbread and a cross between a cookie and a cake in texture. Delicious, and they appear in the shops right about now.
  • cxwhit3

What are lebkuchen?

Lebkuchen are a German Christmas treat a bit like gingerbread and a cross between a cookie and a cake in texture. Delicious, and they appear in the shops right about now.

Does it freeze well?
  • poeciliareticulata

What are lebkuchen?

Does it freeze well?

Ooo, I don’t know! I would imagine that if you make the yourself you could freeze the dough, but I am lazy and only buy them. I’m going to try and bake gluten free ones this year though... I am going to try this recipe I think: http://www.thepinkwhisk.co.uk/2010/12/on-the-first-day-of-christmas-the-pink-whisk-sent-to-me-lebkuchen.html
  • gesundundmunter

Sometimes it good to know your limitations. Don't leave us! Just hang in there.

Will do. I am just realistic that with a grueling 80-hour or so week of finishing grad school and weekend job, restricting calorie input and working out is not a priority. Of course, I continue to eat healthy food and try to squeeze in naps during the day rather than reaching for the next comfort food (Halloween KitKat bag has my attention this week).
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Start Weight:200.8 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight:189.8
    Challenge Goal Weight:175

Weigh in #1: 186.6
    Weigh in #2: 186.4
    Weigh in #3: 190.4
    Weigh in#4: 192.6

I had the break through migraine from hell. I'm on my 5th day of aggressive prednisone treatments and it's making me nuts. Hungry all the time. Thirsty all the time. I am back to my deficit this week, but the struggle is real with these meds! It's all good, my mindset is ok, just the physical stuff has been a nightmare this week.
  • cxwhit3
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Start Weight:200.8 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight:189.8
    Challenge Goal Weight:175

Weigh in #1: 186.6
    Weigh in #2: 186.4
    Weigh in #3: 190.4
    Weigh in#4: 192.6

I had the break through migraine from hell. I'm on my 5th day of aggressive prednisone treatments and it's making me nuts. Hungry all the time. Thirsty all the time. I am back to my deficit this week, but the struggle is real with these meds! It's all good, my mindset is ok, just the physical stuff has been a nightmare this week.

So sorry you are going through that! I used to get migraines but don’t anymore. Is there anything you vvpcan take while on the prednisone? Feel better soon!
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 142.3 lbs
    Challenge Goal: 135.0 lbs

Week 1: 139.3 lbs
    Week 2: 140.5 lbs
    Week 3: 142.4 lbs
    Week 4: 141.1 lbs

I honesty had a horrible weekend that blurred my week. My birthday is one month from today and I’m feeling so down. So many things I wanted to have accomplished by now....first it was by 25, then by marriage, then it was after I get my real job, then after I have my first child, surely when I turn 35....and I can go on and on and on....all those dates have came and gone.

My life has changed so quickly in such a short amount of time. In the last 6/7 years I’ve had 4 jobs, I’ve moved (to different cities) 3 times, I’ve gotten married and I’ve had 3 children and I’ve been out of work twice for over a years time each.

Something did come to my thoughts on Saturday though. I am home with my children on the weekends. They cannot be ignored. I literally realized that on Saturday. Lol! They go to school during the week and so between the hours of 8-4 I am without them. If I focus on doing everything I want to get done during this time (working out, cooking, errands, preparing for class, cleaning) my stress level may decrease when I have them in the evenings during the week and on the weekends.

I also realized too. If I’m truly tired of buying pull-ups then I need to step it up and potty train them (the girls) and get involved with their teacher and ask everyday what is their progress.

I know we all have the same 24 hours so it is pointless to use the phrase “I don’t have time” so Sunday I mapped out my schedule for the week and will see where I am wasting time and how I can improve my quality of life.

I honestly need to go ahead and fill out my home loan application and start looking for full time employment...if that’s what I truly want (you know sometimes we want things and get them and will still complain). Go figure!..us humans. We are so complex.

Anyway, thanks ladies for listening. I told a certain someone on Sunday that I just want to go lay in the bed and cry and he looked at me and literally said “for what?”....and I was thinking....don’t we live in the same house with the same kids and have the same life????? :-O

Last night I was able to wash all the dishes, help my son with his homework, do the girls’ hair and workout and I had two good class periods and I was in the bed for 9. This morning I made it to the gym and 5:05 for some cardio and class in getting ready to start in a bit.

I’m going to take this thing called life day by day. Yes I have a lot of responsibilities (some I asked for and some I didn’t) but I know the one who gave me this life knows I can handle it, each and every aspect of it, and I truly believe that.

Have a great day everyone!

Wow, it sounds like you've made some proactive decisions! I can definitely relate to moving self-imposed deadlines. Lol I wanted to be 125 lbs and be engaged by the time I graduated college, then when I did grad school, etc.

Now I'm an extra single working woman with a dog (who I love and am about to walk even though it's night and rainy. Note to self: next house/apartment needs to have yard or community dog park) and actually quite happy despite my current allergic mess of a self. Don't even get me started on my student loan repayment plan.

Thanks for the well-wishes and positivity, btw!

And good luck with the potty training! Are your kiddos twins?

Either way, it's awesome that you are reframing your perspective and making sticking to your plans more doable! Keep it up, and things will be looking better every day!

Feel better soon!

Thank you!

Also, I definitely want to try lebkuchen too, lol. A cookie/cake lovechild sounds far out B)

Have a good rest of the week, y'all!
  • gesundundmunter
    [/quote]

~Do not lead us into temptation~ Trader Joe's gingerbread cookies, chocolate-covered treat. And actually, Kroeger's pumpkin soft cookies reminded me of Lebkuchen.