Serial Starters

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sara - glad you had a second choice! I got an order from someone I didn't even know! Turns out, I know someone that knows her. But, still cool to have a new customer! Keep walking! Good way to look at things...I need to get that into my head, too...

Enterdanger- welcome! This is a great place to come for support and encouragement! Stop by when you can...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,327 Member
    Steps 11429 and did not have to walk around parking lot!

Dawn, I cant wait to start my seasonal scentsy's - I will have 3 warmers so I can alternate - loved the sales prices too. Thank you for letting me know - good job increasing your customer base.

Shower, good book and lights out.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2018
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Harder to fall asleep last night, may have walked too much? Hmmmm... we shall see.

Taking new winter shoes to break in at work. This pair I am not sure is waterproof..... Tomorrow will be busy but I also have the day off.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Good morning Sara -

I'm in a rush; will check back in later I hope.

Lana

244.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all. Finally time to get a post in. Got to see my daughter from Colorado this weekend. Great seeing her. Last 60 degree day probably in months yesterday so I got lots cleaned up in the yard. Took some time from work to do that.
    Kathryn - Jeep Jamboree sounds rough. Not sure my body could handle it (: Glad you had a good time!
    TilliesMom - hope that gland resolves soon. Those are YUCK.
    Stewarm - I agree take care of yourself and that will help you take care of others
    Runa- great medal!
    Lana - being thankful is important.
    to all - hang in there - it is Tuesday already! :wink:
    Lynn
  • arniedog74
    Sara - I always love sharing great deals! I have 3 warmers.. one is the Christmas Boston Terrier... yes, he is already on the shelf. I did find, a really yummy new scent. Amber Hollow. It smells like cedar.... it is so nice....SO really likes it and, he's pickier than me...

Lana - waves to you as you run thru ... hope your day is good..

Lynn - glad you got to see your daughter. We were almost 70°, yesterday.... today, low 60's.... Will be having 1 or 2 nights in the mid 20's... not looking forward to that... but, wood stove is keeping house nice and toasty :)
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Happy Tuesday! Did NOT have to go to satellite office today so it is a very happy Tuesday for me!

Lana - **wave HI to you as you run through**
    Sara - you certainly get your steps in!! Maybe I should start posting mine for accountability. I always spray shoes I get with a waterproofer like Camp Dry. not only makes them shed water but also tends to keep them cleaner longer for the most part.
    Dawn - Christmas decor out already?! I dont even have all my Halloween stuff out yet! :D
    Lynn - typically Jamborees arent rough. it was just the trails that DH decided to go on this time that were rough

Tried a Nourish Bowl for lunch today, Thai Spice. Not bad, but not a favorite either. It was filling though. May try another flavor another day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Kathryn, I get the Monterrey Risotto - steer away from hot sauce and cilantro - its not bad would not want it every day......
  • hickchic67
    Thanks Sara! I will check if they have that at the local store!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Just popping in to say Hi, not much going on with me. My weight is maintaining around 180, I need to get at it and get it into the 170's. My goal was 170 by September because I know the winter is hard for me. I just need to be more disciplined!

Busy crafting for the first fair, hubby is slow on the uptake this year and it's frustrating me.

Have a great day all
    Tracey
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Steps 10540

Kathryn - post away on your steps - I have a couple people at work interested in getting a pedometer. Think Stocking stuffers.....My decorations are Fall so it covers through Thanksgiving. I may want to think about spraying my shoes.

Curling up with dog and book. Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Kathryn- only my Scentsy warmer is Christmas...we love our Boston's! There's a good chance, he'll be up all year long! Haha
  • arniedog74
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good Wednesday morning!

Came to say, never give up. Keep trying until you find the lifestyle that works for you. I know my biggest hurdle will come at the holidays. People will question my way of eating, but I know I can overcome the criticism because I have to do what's right for me. So do you!

Onederland, here I come!

SW 222
    CW 201
    GW 190 by Thanksgiving
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Twiley! Glad I am not the only person up at this hour. I am telling people I am not willing to walk off the calories that "x" will give me. Doesnt always work, but a good part of the time. Potlucks at work is a good example. I tell them the food is great, but I cant walk the calories off.....Pick your battles as you dont want to offend everyone.

QOTD: Thank you Twiley - What is your holiday strategy?

AOTD: Assess if it is something I will enjoy enough to walk extra for. Somethings I only get once a year.... but the spontaneous fly by doughnut etc. not so much.

Up early, so dog up and fed. Day off Hair/pedicure- add lunch at work cafe to stop the "unknown" mystery lunch - cost/calories. Also stopping by dentist to pick up trays for medication to keep gums from getting worse. Down street from chocolate shop- birthday on horizon and on a Monday so will buy a couple truffles and freeze (to keep me from eating ahead of time). I think of it as my piece of "birthday cake". Getting small chocolate bars for people as "elf" for people at work (not buying too many) and my second Secret Santa gift bag for person yet to be determined.

okay stop the essay - walk away. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Tracy! You are almost in Onederland!!!!!!! OMG!

Waving to everyone else - I am rushing through again...... I have not had time to really read all of the posts I have missed for the last week or so.

*tossing hat and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

244.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    AOTD: 1. I will make some treats similar to those usually enjoyed (celery with almond butter instead of peanut butter, crustless quiches, considering a diet friendly coconut bonbon).
    2. Watch my portions.
    3. May go as far as portioning out my share before going to the event to be safe.

Everyone's opinion is not as important as my health.

@LanaCabana537 Thank you! I'm excited to get back there.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Twiley - awesome job! you are very close!
    Twiley and Tilliesmom - you are up early and motivated!
    Arnie - LOVE the Boston. We have a good friend that breeds his bostons. Love it when he has puppies I can spoil. the boy comes over to play with our lab. Our lab ends up just standing there watching the boston chase the ball. Hilarious. too fast for my lab. LOL.
    Lana, snowflake, enterdanger and all others- hello!
    I do have to take the time to recommend that book I hinted at. I am not done with it by any means but it has me hooked. It is called Intuitive eating by Tribole and Resch. It ends the diet mentality - the "last supper", the crazy diets and teaches one how to make peace with food and listen to our bodies. It does not stress weight loss, but claims that will come naturally as we make peace with food because our choices will change. I am learning to listen to my body cues and ask myself why I want to eat, etc. So I cannot tell you if I will lose weight and if the book will lead to success. But it is a very very insightful book.
    Happy Wednesday!
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Hello all! I didn’t run away - just got super busy! I’ve been out of town for a work trip to Seattle and spent an extra two days exploring. Didn’t eat too much and got a lot of walking in, which was good!

Back to the grind today. Got home later yesterday and quickly prepped some turkey meatballs for my lunches this week. Kinda dragging today energy-wise, didn’t get enough sleep last night. Something to work on for today!

I’m going to do my best to read all of the posts and catch up! Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • hickchic67
    Dawn - that little guy is adorable! i am using my "garden" one at work. it blends in perfectly with all the other plants sitting around my office.

Tracy - you go girl! looks like you will make your goal in no time!

Sara - even with the extra 1.5 - 2 miles a day on treadmill, my steps rarely reach 10k. Usually more around 8k. :( Still trying to sneak some extra steps in parking farther out, taking long way to restroom, walking loop around hallways on way to printer, etc. But my job is really computer focused and i am stuck in front of monitor most of the time. I do use my standing desk quite a bit though.

AOTD: My strategy is to go ahead and taste those special holiday foods but only like one or two forkfuls - just enough to appreciate it but not pack in the calories. fill up on veggies. eat a healthy snack before going to parties where food is served so i am not starving and will give into temptation. and above all - stick to my plan!