Serial Starters

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Lynn - I never had Boston's until being with current SO... he's always had them, growing up. They are such great dogs. They have their very own, unique personalities. We have 2, right now. With 2 completely different personalities. They are both Seniors...12- 13 and 9- 10 (rescues, so not positive on age) our girl, Domino, is very chill, very affectionate... Max, is full on crazy....haha... he has to have a toy or sock at all times, and just whines with it.. he's "special"

Kathryn - glad you are able to enjoy your garden. Makes the day a little better :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Half way through day and to do list.

Found my "balls" and got the courage to pick up my glasses (involves driving on one of the most stressful roads in town). The glasses are a medium blue (last pair was so dark they almost looked black).

Went to work to have lunch never did meet up with coworker tomorrow is another day. Third coworker wants to talk to me about the hearts I crochet - she probably wants me to make her a whole bunch. I will offer to show her how to make them, I have 3 projects going right now.....

Nap with any luck and then toe nail time. BBL

** Lana leave me some room on that couch we have major gossip to catch up on.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    2700 steps to go imagine me walking the parking lot after dinner.

New dental gum treatment makes me sit there for 20 minutes twice a day - all for good gums.

I am tempted to ask my Sup tomorrow if I can work easy stuff until she leaves......

will be back with total steps.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2018
    Fun times with my computer tonight, luckily all is taken care of....

10000 steps had to walk around small place to get last steps with dog's head cocked to one side wondering why I was walking in circles.

Wishing all a good night
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning!

I'm up and headed to boot camp challenge. I'll weigh after I sweat off some of the fluid in my legs.

Wishing everyone a happy Thursday. Send me willpower vibes please. I'm catering a meal tonight that I love but can't eat. I have a plan. I will stick to it!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Many people up this morning early, second board I post on and I am #2. Just is.

Got on scale and # is one I have not seen in a while almost 2 pounds down, will keep up the walking you bet.

Lunch brought in by company. Sodium city so will drink more water and less tea/coffee.

Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited October 2018
    splurged a little last night on a sandwich while out shopping for new flooring. i was just barely over calories but since we went shopping, i did not get my run/walk in. kinda miss it when i dont do it. i am thinking that is a good thing and should keep me in the habit!

was surprised DH and i found a floor we both like within our budget. its a medium shade but hope it doesnt make house too dark. all of our floors are really light. didnt realize how light until we put the new floor samples on it. havent found anything as light that we like as well.

now to figure out what all we have to do to prep for the new flooring and what to do first. we will be running new electric to an island in kitchen. house is on a slab. that means cutting trench in concrete to put in conduit and wiring. not looking forward to that! or having house ripped to shreds as we get all of it done. it will mean that kitchen will be out of order for awhile and eating out may be a necessity. :(
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Hello All~~

It's a gloomy day here. Blech. I will be on the chair in the corner reserved for grouches. :wink:

Lana

243.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - I will bring a bag of good chocolate
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    edited October 2018
    hickchick - what type of flooring? LOVE my vinyl/laminate plank flooring. Nearly indestructible!
    Lana - come out of that corner for grouches and eat some chocolate with Tillie and I :smile:
    Like how I invited myself to chocolate??????
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Hiiii friends!

Pretty good day today. Got more sleep last night and ate healthy all day! Took a nice walk after work as well. Now cozied up on the couch with the dogs.

So glad tomorrow is Friday.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Have a notebook for keeping track of steps at a Benefits Fair.

Steps 12200 longer break walks

Wishing all a good night.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Hi all!

Quick fly by right now. Been staying within calories this week and quadrupled up on the water. Started taking fiber supplement as well. Woke up with fever the other day. So been laying low.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

OK - which one of you Cabana Club Girls is going to come to Grouchy Lana's house and help her pick out new flooring for the kitchen and bathrooms?

I need some really classy-*kitten* sheet flooring for the kitchen - unless you tell me it doesn't HAVE to be sheet flooring - because I have a pool in the back yard, and one half of the year people come in from the back yard and drip in the kitchen on their way to the nearest bathroom, which also needs nice-looking sheet vinyl or something nice looking.

Whoever chose the linoleum for this house before we bought it was decor-deprived (I think that they were brilliant UNC-Chapel Hill research scientists) and DH and I had our rose-colored Swimming Pool Glasses on, because we wanted an in-ground pool, and this house had it.

I always tell people: I bought a piece of property in Chapel Hill that has a beautiful swimming pool on it. And Oh, it also happens to have a Money Pit 50's Yick House on the property as well.

To be continued........
    *waving to Leandro to have one of the Cabana Boys bring another Martini*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Steps total 7871 waited too long to go outside walking - actually talking with someone too long.

Tomorrow is another day.

Lana - sometimes cheap is cheap so see if Kathryn has any ideas or hints.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    I left today before having any of the dessert fest at work - I did eat a milky way bar with a cup of coffee and did NOT purchase Larry/Lenny's snickerdoodle cookie at the place I took my car - so okay I didnt get 10000 but I also keep hundreds of calories off my thighs.

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Lana - it doesnt have to be sheet flooring. DH and I are looking at a vinyl plank flooring that is waterproof and it can look like hardwood, even feels like hardwood, or there is some that looks like tile.

brenner - the flooring we picked out is what the store called luxury vinyl plank flooring (LVP). The color is called Tobacco Acacia and has a lot of colors/variations in it. there is a lot of we really like it because it has varying widths and lengths plus what i said above - it even has the texture of a handscraped hardwood.

now, somehow, we have decided on installing a faux electric fireplace (and put windows on either side of it) in the living room. now is research and making the decision to either get a pre-made mantle & firebox or build our own. anyone have any ideas/experience/tips/tricks for that??

rainy dismal day and I was exhausted and feeling crappy (TOM) so I didn't do my usual workout. instead came home to rest. eh, stayed within calories, at least.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Isnt technology grand? I upgraded my Chrome version and now cannot get into FB. Called the person I might see Sunday to see if she can help, left a message.

Kathryn good info for Lana. Hope you feel better.

Will make hot water bottle and call it a night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Restarting computer is so much fun.Have a regular Saturday and no ideas for meals.

Back for more sleep.

Wave to all who follow.