Hi Guys cut or bulk first?

Hello everyone my name is Emrey I don’t know if I’ve posted in the right section anyway Soo I’ve been going to the gym since 2017 Around October keep in mind I haven’t been watching my calories or anything just simple weight training hardly any cardio I just wanted to know if I should be cutting or bulking my weight is roughly around 93kg as of now my height 5’11 I’m trying to get bigger arms and a bigger chest I have a goal I’m trying to go after.
Thanks in advance I’ll post a pic of what I look like now and what my goal is

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Hello and welcome, Emrey.

I guess it depends on what your goals are. If you're just trying to get bigger (arms and chest), I'd keep bulking. Winter is coming, anyway. Get huge and then consider a cut, if you want, in the Spring. That seems to be a common thing, anyway.

Good luck!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Hello and welcome, Emrey.

I guess it depends on what your goals are. If you're just trying to get bigger (arms and chest), I'd keep bulking. Winter is coming, anyway. Get huge and then consider a cut, if you want, in the Spring. That seems to be a common thing, anyway.

Good luck!

Agreed.
  • EmreyKemo
    EmreyKemo Posts: 3 Member
    Well my goal really was to get more strength and get big I’m not trying to look like model but I don’t want to get to “fat”
  • EmreyKemo
    EmreyKemo Posts: 3 Member
    But thank you for replying I appreciate it
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    EmreyKemo wrote: »
    Well my goal really was to get more strength and get big I’m not trying to look like model but I don’t want to get to “fat”

So do a slow bulk. Approximately 250 calorie surplus per day. And lift heavy, using a proven lifting program.
  • Armyguy2417
    Armyguy2417 Posts: 18 Member
    Bulk, then cut. Cutting then bulking would defeat the purpose. Have a ground base to work off of
  • Armyguy2417
    Armyguy2417 Posts: 18 Member
    Have a weight goal in mind. Bulk up eat lots of carbs and calories hit the weight goal then cut down on the calories and carbs, not completely cuz u still need those to burn fat, then cut and lift a bit lighter weights but increase reps