Starbucks and energy drinks

I’m a sucker for coffee and sugar free energy drinks. I love sweet coffees with extra espresso. Do you guys have any suggestions on delicious coffee low cal?

Replies

• Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    This monster drink actually tastes pretty good and is 0 cal.

04fjpesgoeb0.jpg

For Starbucks, I will typically do a vanilla latte. With skim milk, a grande is 200 cal. If you order it "skinny" (skim milk, 0 cal vanilla syrup), it is 130 cal for a grande. You could also do caramel for similar calories.
  • cannedgoo
    cannedgoo Posts: 72 Member
    Seconding the exact latte order above. For energy drinks I like the Monster Rehabs - 20 cals in a can. I drink one every morning in lieu of coffee, tea, or a carbonated drink.
  • Madame_Presidente
    Madame_Presidente Posts: 10 Member
    They sell these at the hospital I work at it’s my go to I prefer the pink sugar free one but I’ll take what I can get ❤️
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    edited October 2018
    I’m a sucker for coffee and sugar free energy drinks. I love sweet coffees with extra espresso. Do you guys have any suggestions on delicious coffee low cal?

I drink Italian Roast with a splash of heavy cream.

Eschew the adult milk shake and enjoy coffee.

My daughter works at Starbucks and if it's possible, they can make drinks skinny.

However, some of the flavored syrups are pre-sweetened, so not everything can be made skinny.

But creams and whole milk can be replaced with skim or soy "milk"...

Splenda can be used instead of the simple syrups.

Whip cream can be omitted.

Or you can just learn to like coffee black, or with just a bit of cream.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,214 Member
    My daily coffee is 16oz Gevalia Dark Roast brewed at home with 38g of coffeemate French Vanilla creamer. I've found that to be a good ratio for me that works out to right around 100 calories I budget for daily. As far as energy drinks I'm partial to sugar free Red Bull (not a fan of Total Zero) or those zero calorie Monsters an earlier poster put up. The vending machine at work stocks the white ones, which are pretty decent, but I've tried the red, blue, and black varieties from convenience stores and they are all also pretty palatable.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Coffee with man sports creamer aminos!🙌🏻
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I make Gevalia espresso roast in my Mr Coffee every day, heat up some cashew milk with a couple spoons of sugar free Torani (hazelnut or salted caramel currently), and use a milk frother. It takes about 3 minutes more than coffee straight from the pot but it's so good and like 30 calories for two big mugs.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I usually get an ice coffee with sugar free sweetener (or one pump of regular) and leave room for milk. I only put a splash in so it's not terrible. Stevia is great for sweetening it up.

The only energy drink I like are the Bang ones (found at my local GNC). Cotton Candy flavor is life. I believe they're all zero calories.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I'm an energy drink nut. I also like the Guru Energy Drinks (found at Whole Foods.) They are marketed as a "natural" energy drink, which I don't know how their ingredients measure up to Red Bull or Monster. But it tastes good to me!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Every time I get an espresso of any kind at Bucky's, they always burn it. :disappointed:
  • Its_Haleeyyy
    Its_Haleeyyy Posts: 39 Member
    I love the zero ultra monsters, they have a few different colors and they're all good and have no calories or sugar. The also have monster absolutely zero (no calories or sugar also) that tastes exactly like the original green one.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Every time I get an espresso of any kind at Bucky's, they always burn it. :disappointed:

That's what all the sugar is for. In my experience, their espresso is absolute trash unless you're covering up the taste with milk and sugar.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2018

That's what all the sugar is for. In my experience, their espresso is absolute trash unless you're covering up the taste with milk and sugar.

At least it's consistent with their coffee, then. Worst coffee in the world, IMO. I'd rather drink 3 AM gas station coffee. :D
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hope this link works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlc5Bii_Qf8

Because I like it!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member

I like espresso straight up, but often have a 16 oz sugar free skim caramel macchiato at my local coffee shop which is about 120 calories. (They even measured everything out for me to figure that out.) If I want to really splurge I drink a breve, which is mostly heavy cream.

Just don't drink the espresso (or anything else caffienated) and the energy drink together. It can cause tachycardia or even. sudden cardiac arrest in patients with undiagnosed atrial fibrillation.