sparkling water

perkymommy
perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
How do people drink it? I had a friend suggest I try drinking that since it's hard for me to get all my water in each day so I did. It'll keep me from eating much because it turned my stomach. It also made me appreciate water much more.

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Most people probably don’t have the reaction you did. I enjoy flavored sparkling water. It doesn’t turn my stomach.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I love sparkling water. My bottle return bag is full of 'em. I guess people will have different preferences.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I don't, it's rank.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Sparkling water makes my face look like your profile pic :lol:

Same. LaCroix tastes like (I imagine) butt sweat.

So glad you added the parenthized :laugh:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Sparkling water makes my face look like your profile pic :lol:

Same. LaCroix tastes like (I imagine) butt sweat.

So glad you added the parenthized :laugh:

I knew what the next question would be if I didn't.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    I have a soda stream and just drink plain sparkling water from it with no flavoring usually, but a little lime or lemon isn’t bad. It’s never upset my stomach though.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    I had no idea people were so split on this topic.

Are we talking club soda (like water but with bubbles [and a bit of sodium]) or La Croix (which I like, but cheap knock-offs can be pretty bad) or sparkling mineral water (which does taste salty to me)?

I'm vaguely alcoholic, so La Croix and the like is stocked in my house on the regular.

"You go ahead and have your double vodka. I'll be over here kicking the cat."
    -Robin Williams

It does appear to be a love it or hate it kind of thing.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    So, flavored carbonated water like Bubly or La Croix is okay depending on the flavor.

Perrier and similar sparkling water is for gin and tonic, which will cure a migraine in 20 minutes, but will get me a strange look from most bartenders. Apparently women don't drink gin and tonic often.

For daily drinking I prefer plain water with chip ice. (I work at a hospital and I bring a Yeti cup filled with chip ice home every day.)
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    edited October 2018
    perkymommy wrote: »
    How do people drink it? I had a friend suggest I try drinking that since it's hard for me to get all my water in each day so I did. It'll keep me from eating much because it turned my stomach. It also made me appreciate water much more.

Mission accomplished :smile:

I am in the love sparkling water camp. Didn't start that way. Had a 6 weeks assignment with some German guys a few years ago and they would always order that at dinner... It grew on me. Very cold. Sometimes I add it to juice: 1/2 and 1/2 makes a nice "soda" since I don't like most sodas
  • colorfulcoquette
    colorfulcoquette Posts: 94 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm firmly in the camp of hating sparkling water. I made the mistake of getting one at the gym once when I forgot my water bottle and thought since I was buying a drink I might as well try one. What a mistake that was :s I was dreadfully thirsty and it was there taunting me because I couldn't get more than a sip down at a time. I gave up, poured it out, and used the container to hold water from the water fountain.

As for drinking more water, I love using the Mio water enhancers to add a bit flavor. Not sure if that'd work for you but thought I'd mention it as something which might help with your goal.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I love the flavoured sparkling waters with sweeteners (Ice, etc). But hate the flavourless and unsweetened
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited October 2018
    Almost all of my water is bubbly. I have a SodsStream and carbonate my own. I drink it plain or flavor it with extracts (lime and cranberry are my personal favorites) and once in a while I will add something like Crystal Light or Mio.

I am not a fan of the clear sodas like Clear American, Ice, etc. (sometimes referred to as "sparkling water beverages"). They may be 0 calories but are too sweet for me. I like mine plain or with a drop or 2 of extract.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I love sparkling water but it acerbates my acid reflux. So instead I enjoy Powerade zero.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Topo Chico? Straight from the bottle.
  • mbmart60
    mbmart60 Posts: 16 Member
    San Pellegrino w/ flavored balsamic vinegar
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member

Perrier and similar sparkling water is for gin and tonic, which will cure a migraine in 20 minutes, but will get me a strange look from most bartenders. Apparently women don't drink gin and tonic often.

I wouldn't say women don't drink gin & tonic often. Maybe the strange look is because you are ordering a "gin and tonic" with no tonic. Sparkling water is lower calorie so may be a good choice if you are watching your calorie intake, but is not the same as tonic.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I don’t care for it at alll. Reminds me of Alka Seltzer, which I can’t abide either.
    Ice water and black coffee are my drinks of choice.
    OP, you get water other beverages and foods, and it all counts towards hydration. The standard guide line is eight 8 ounce glasses. Your body tells you if your hydrated through thirst and the color of your urine. Anywhere from pale yellow, for well hydrated, to deep amber for dehydrated.