Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Good morning All~~

Thank you for flooring tips. Please understand that I move more slowly than a sloth, and likely will not be doing anything with the kitchen for a year or more.....
    Kathryn - wishing you good results for everything that you have on the drawing board!

Sara - you did very well yesterday, even if you did not manage all 10K steps.

My phone told me that my 2-mile (known) walk yesterday was only 1.5 miles. It was pouring rain, so hard-earned too!

I haven't told you all that I have failed miserably at the WW thing.
    I got out of control on the 2nd week three weeks ago, my weight went way up; I didn't want to see a gain early on in the process, so I have avoided going to meetings. Meetings here are stupid-hard to get to by public transportation. When I joined, it was during a week I happened to have a rental car. *sob*

Sorry - too much writing this morning.

Gotta get going to get out there when the weather is best and clock some steps for Sara!

Waves to all who stop by later on~

Lana

242.2 today (at least it's going down again)
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Lana I have 6000 steps to make today, so we will be out there together.....

WW if not in a convenient location can be more of a burden. Can you car pool with anyone?

BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2018
    Total steps 9097 took an extra walk to get this - wonderful sunset and neighbors (asian Indian) out walking.

Movie and then lights out. Chai scentsy replaced with cedar cider to celebrate Fall temps not helping though.....

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Thinking Fried Rice this week...... Dog up and fed and time to get my teeth/gums soaking for 20 minutes. I was wondering if this is what dentures is like.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara ~

There's no carpooling that I know of. Everyone has cars. This is the land of cars. Half the students have cars.
    I just need to stop whiiiiiiining, because the WW is in a shopping center that has bus service.
    I'll keep up on line with it, and go back to meetings once I lose some more weight. I FULLY realize that this is screwed-up unproductive thinking, but that's the way it's going to be.

Waving to all who stop by later on. Time to go out there and get some exercise!

Lana

242.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Hey all... just been blah for awhile. Trying to adjust to more water drinking - or water boarding as it feels most often - and added fiber supplement.

Lana... got to say. I don’t understand what will be different in public transportation when you lose more weight. Is it going to be less convenient? Less embarrassing because of size? Not sure. But, you do you, gal!! I would do me, but I have never figured out who that is.

Going to sit in the grumpy section and lurk for awhile longer.

🤣🤪🤣👋 Runa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Dawn!! Imagine me jumping up and down for joy for you - I might hurt myself - so imagine it please.... you have been through so much since you started posting here. Good for you! Weddings are so stressful and expensive. Throw a party to celebrate sometime soon.

I have about a half hour to walk. Got nothing at shoe store or thrift store, but lady who has a new job tomorrow did really well.

Will list steps later.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sara - imagining lots of jumping :)
    Thank you! My family isn't close and his....well... things would have got ugly at some point... so, we are both perfectly happy with how we did things. Let them get upset. We are the ones that matter.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2018
    Step total 10114 walked the apartment parking lot a couple of times. Weigh in tomorrow will be interesting.

Soaking gums for 20 minutes while knitting and watching Richard Gere in Second Best Exotic Magnolia Hotel dvd - what a nice way to end an evening.

• arniedog74
    Missy - Thank you!

Sara - great steps!

Well, first day of being a married couple has proved not so fun... yes, everything is great with us... adulting is no fun! Haha... ran to town, got home, completely flat tire... thank goodness we were home and have a spare. In the meantime, somehow, battery drained in car (something about a football game on radio) he put charger on it, but not sure if it's actually charging.... ugh... hoping to wake up to a charged battery. Otherwise, no idea how I'm getting to work....

Happy Sunday :#
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Weight up 0.6 but then if you saw what I ate last night...... not good about water over weekend that also does not help. I have seen weight at least 2-3 pounds lighter during the week. So tracking and keep walking.

Dawn, legal things and tax filings are also some of the less delightful parts of getting married- updating legal things like drivers license etc, but short term loss long term gain. Worth the hassle. I hope you get to work today.

Dog woke me up bless her. Will lurk from work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Good Morning all!

Trying to not have the Monday blues this am. Had a really lovely, busy weekend as always. I really don't know how to relax most of the time, lol. Got a few walks in too, but ate so-so. Celebrated my husbands bday since I was out of town last weekend. It was fun, though.

I've been staying right around 183 lbs. I really need to get the scale moving. I'm glad I'm not gaining but it's time to get the ball rolling.

I made a veggie tray this weekend for the party so I have lots of fresh vegetables cut up and ready to snack on this week. Also meal-prepped some mexican-type chicken for lunches. Plan is to walk most days after work. I just need to get in the habit of moving more period before I start making larger exercise goals.

---
    Congratulations on your marriage, Dawn!! And I hope you have a better day today!!

Keep up the walking, Sara! You're doing great! I need to keep up with mine and drink more water too!!!

I'll try to lurk from work! Have a good day all :)
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited October 2018
    Dawn - CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting! And so cool that you did what you wanted!
    (Is this the season for secret marriages?? Had a couple friends here do the same thing - secret wedding!)

Not ready for today to be Monday. Have follow appointment with Neurologist. Not looking forward to telling her I am not taking meds, that I feel so much better without taking them. Then I follow that up with a flu shot. Crossing fingers that doesnt knock me for a loop.

We nixed the idea of fireplace. I offered up the idea of putting television on a completely different wall. Will make it wood covered accent wall. DH loved that idea and is going to run with it. First step will be getting rep out there to measure for new floor and getting all that set up. Kitchen cabinets will be sometime next year (dependent on my contract renewal)
  • stewarm01
    stewarm01 Posts: 331 Member
    Good afternoon.

My 71 year old neighbor whom we've been living next door to for the past 12 years died in his sleep overnight from heart failure. His wife found out when she tried to awaken him. I liked him too.

My neighbor on the opposite side died several years ago.

Both wives were left behind.

I'm just thinking and feeling sorry.

Ttyl.
  • LanaCabana537

Stew - Sorry to hear about your neighbor. 😓
  • LanaCabana537
    Dawn~~

npbl77kftqoh.jpeg

Lana 🎉
  • arniedog74
    Dawn~~

npbl77kftqoh.jpeg

Lana 🎉

Thank You Lana!
  • arniedog74
    Eryn/ Kathryn - thank you! We are so happy we did a simple wedding. Too much other things to worry about. Who needs to worry about spending money you don't have on 1 day. Yer bound to offend someone, no matter what.

I can only hope, our luck over the last couple days, isn't an omen of things to come...haha... flat tire, dead battery, dead T.V.... now, the cousins sister is wanting to come visit. She said, she has to go to court, because cousin didn't have everything in order as he thought. She is trying to get house in her name. So, back to worrying about if we are going to have to find a place to leave. Even though, she says no need to worry. Makes me worry even more... guess, we'll find out when she gets here...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2018
    Total steps 9082

One of my favorite people at work had a birthday party at work and she retires tomorrow. I was lucky to even know about it - I was cleaning out my coffee mug and someone I know told me. I was glad I got to wish her a happy birthday.

Onwards and upwards -November there is a contest to see who can produce most- the only problem is pizza is the reward - I had to ask if it would be Costco or better than Costco?? If pizza is the reward up the ante. I offered to keep my team in chocolate for the month.

Dawn - breathe deeply, hug the dogs. Find lavender/ rose or vanilla to smell all calming.

Didnt hit 10000 but still tired.