The Healthier Me: My Journey from 600lbs

Replies

• lk2011
    lk2011 Posts: 153 Member
    I am so happy to see an update. I checked back every day. So very proud of you! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    I too had a life changing mirror moment recently... so I look forward to cheering you on...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Awesome work! I look forward to seeing/reading about your success and updates.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Keep it up! "Only 22 days" not only, that's fantastic. Celebrate your accomplishments, don't downsize them. I do the same thing.... mistakes in a lighted trophy case, accomplishments thrown in some moldy box in the basement. Reverse that. Celebrate yourself!
  • livingandlovinglife
    livingandlovinglife Posts: 361 Member
    Wishing you much success with your journey on the road to better health. I'm definitely rooting for you too. Go justin!!👍
  • thelegendofsakura89
    thelegendofsakura89 Posts: 105 Member
    Super proud of you, Justin!! Keep it up!
    You've inspired me, dude. Today I lift in your honor 💪
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Keep us updated!! You can do this and you have lots of friends right here who are working on their own journeys every day.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited October 2018
    It's so nice to hear that you are feeling so good and enjoying your newfound mobility! :)

I think there was some discussion last month about how you likely had shed a lot of water weight, and how with the lymphedema, you may experience a lot of water weight fluctuation. The water weight is probably just leveling out and it is masking the fat loss, but that definitely doesn't mean the fat loss has stopped! I bet the numbers will be great next month ;)
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    I really appreciate your positive attitude. Give it time ... find what works for you... don't give up!!!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I'm so glad to see you kept your positive attitude after weigh in.. that's the hardest time especially if you don't see what you wanted.
    I could almost feel the skip in your step as you described getting in the car and the drive there.
    Go you, I'm cheering you on. 🎉
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Do keep us informed on your progress! Prayers sent for your success!
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    The stupid scale can be a real b*tch sometimes! It's great to see how your attitude has changed, and yes, you're so right about it being more important how you feel vs. what the numbers say. Keep at it, and the scale will follow the way you feel eventually!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Good for you! Keep on truckin'. You'll get there. Could be you ate something salty--there are lots of reasons the scale doesn't move sometimes. Also you lost a lot for your 1st weigh-in. Get out and walk, enjoy the world and never give up. Routing for you.
  • DistortedVisionUK
    DistortedVisionUK Posts: 35 Member
    Good luck from England, Justin! Stay focused.

I'm on a weight loss journey too....
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Getting in the car and not having to have someone push the door closed on you is a massive victory. Being able to walk further also a victory. You are doing really well. I agree with the above posters that you are probably prone to water weight fluctuations a bit more than someone else might be. Not letting the numbers ruin your day is a great attitude to have. Keep up the great work.
  • I look forward following your journey. We all need motivation to continue. Every part of my body hurts holding so much weight. I hope to find the same inspiration to change my life!
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    You are doing so well. KEEP GOING!! You have so many nonscale victories happening. Keep positive and keep moving. Wow so so proud of you.
  • Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    I love reading your posts because they are so funny and enthusiastic. They motivate me to continue to eat well and stay on course. I'm so excited to keep reading about your journey. Water weight and other fluctuations often mask losses and you never know when it'll strike. I'm glad you're staying positive and a loss is a loss! You're not gaining and that's something. Keep doing what you're doing. Tortoise always wins the race.
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    I'm loving hearing your story. Even if the scale only said half a pound, I think you lost more because you were able to shut the car door.
    Sending loads of encouragement and support all the way from New Zealand!