12 weeks till Christmas challenge

Replies

• kirkwood2001
    kirkwood2001 Posts: 3 Member
    Is it too late to join, just started.
  • Spadhnik
    Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
    Is it too late to join, just started.

Not at all... pick up a day of weighing in and keep posting your weight here ever week...

Best luck!!!
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    jtarmom wrote: »
    10/17 - 164 lb
    Traveling last week, will catch up tomorrow.
  • Carlee7228
    Carlee7228 Posts: 1 Member
    I too would like to join,
    current weight 235.8
    goal is 225 by christmas
  • poolycod
    poolycod Posts: 12 Member
    I'm interested in the challenge, but looking to drop body fat rather than just weight. Started out at 85kg and 25% BF. I'd like to get sub 15% BF

19 Oct - 82kg 17.7% BF
    26 Oct - 81.8kg 19% BF

2Nov -
    9 Nov -
    16 Nov -
    23 Nov -
    30 Nov -

7 Dec
    14 Dec
    21 Dec
    28 Dec -

My current calorie goal is 1810 calories and I'm training 4 resistance sessions, 3 cardio sessions and 3 karate sessions p/w.
    I'm a 44yr old male 175mm tall.
  • kellyleger62
    kellyleger62 Posts: 5 Member
    Count me in. We should have some sort of weight goal in mine, I would love to lose 10lbs, I think that’s reasonable. How do we get started and encourage each other. I’m hospitalized, at the moment, but will post my daily exercise when discharged. 😊👍
  • OnceAgainIvette
    OnceAgainIvette Posts: 11 Member
    Add me in! just recently started on my journey and is hard not having any support. so anyone feel free to add me in
  • anewmein2019
    anewmein2019 Posts: 3 Member
    My high-tech bathroom scale is malfunctioning, and I really don't want to spend the money to replace it. Without a scale to monitor my weight, I don't feel motivated to spend the time to log-in all of my food. What's the purpose if you can't tell if it's working or not? My MFP life ends here *sigh*.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,151 Member
    My high-tech bathroom scale is malfunctioning, and I really don't want to spend the money to replace it. Without a scale to monitor my weight, I don't feel motivated to spend the time to log-in all of my food. What's the purpose if you can't tell if it's working or not? My MFP life ends here *sigh*.

in my experience cheap scales are just as good as the fancy ones, or maybe find one in a charity shop? I agree, it's more motivating with scales, but some people just do it on how their clothes feel. Don't give up! The food logging becomes a lot easier once you have your favourite foods in there.
  • Spadhnik

I have pharmacy superstore which has machine to weight in (need to put some coins). It’s once in a week so could be a short term option until you find a reliable scale.

I like simple digital scale! I store weight in my fitness so I don’t need scale to store it. This function in my current scale is not used anyways!!!

And of course don’t give up yet!!!!
  • Spadhnik
    poolycod wrote: »
    I'm interested in the challenge, but looking to drop body fat rather than just weight. Started out at 85kg and 25% BF. I'd like to get sub 15% BF

19 Oct - 82kg 17.7% BF
    26 Oct - 81.8kg 19% BF

2Nov -
    9 Nov -
    16 Nov -
    23 Nov -
    30 Nov -

7 Dec
    14 Dec
    21 Dec
    28 Dec -

My current calorie goal is 1810 calories and I'm training 4 resistance sessions, 3 cardio sessions and 3 karate sessions p/w.
    I'm a 44yr old male 175mm tall.

I started with similar weight as yours and I am just 160cm 🤭
    You are doing really well!!
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Yas!!
  • emilyarmfield27
    emilyarmfield27 Posts: 1 Member
    Count me in I started 1/10 but just seen this😯
  • poolycod
    poolycod Posts: 12 Member
    edited November 2018
    Update
    19 Oct - 82kg 17.7% BF
    26 Oct - 81.8kg 19% BF

2Nov - 81.2kg 19.9%BF
    9 Nov -
    16 Nov -
    23 Nov -
    30 Nov -

7 Dec
    14 Dec
    21 Dec
    28 Dec -

weight is going down nicely, even after a bit of a slip on Halloween and pinching the kids sweets. I’m a bit disappointed with the body fat gain if I’m honest. Don’t know what is going on there, working hard in the gym and getting my protein goal hit most days. If it is still increasing next week I’ll have to look at cutting carbs a bit more I think.
  • betty728
    betty728 Posts: 2 Member
    I want in please.
  • Spadhnik
    Count me in too, this is just the type of challenge I need right now.

Oct 22 - 107kg
    Oct 29 - 106 kg

Nov 05 - 106kg
    Nov 12 -
    Nov 19 -
    Nov 26 -

Dec 03 -
    Dec 10 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 24 -

Not happy with myself this week....I rested on my loralls and it got me nowhere fast. COME THE F""k on! Start pulling your weight, eating right, and get this done!!! The more you screw around the longer this will take, You want to look good for summer, and you want to wear summer clothes, not cover your weight because your embarressed (and also swelter in the heat)

Push has come to shove............

I have same feeling! I am now tired of wearing shirt below my hips... and tired of checking shirt on the back when I stand up 🙄

My main goal is to go 2 pant size down by next April. It’s going to be tough but I am surely going to try!

Just recheck your exercise plan, eating plan and keep going!!! We can do this for beautiful summer dresses n all!!!