Trying to gain weight

I need help making a high calorie smoothie that taste descent. I can’t eat nor drink dairy and every time I look up high calorie smoothie without dairy they aren’t really high calorie😕

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited October 2018
    Banana, peanut butter, coconut milk, protein powder of choice....that should descend pretty well.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    just eat peanut butter?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    What about adding nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew), coconut milk, juice or fruit and non-dairy protein? That should get the cals up there
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Full fat Coconut milk is higher calorie. Add avocado, nut butter, banana, protein powder of choice.
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    If soy is ok, soy milk stacks up pretty good, comparable protein, not as sweet, so about 2/3 the calories. It's about double the cost of dairy.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    Full fat Coconut milk is higher calorie. Add avocado, nut butter, banana, protein powder of choice.

^ That's what I was going to say. Full fat coconut milk is about as high calorie as it comes.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    You can always add a healthy fat like avo or macadamia oil
  • Heyy what do you guys do for workout? I want to gain weight but not loose it through my workouts. Any ideas send em here ! :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited October 2018
    Heyy what do you guys do for workout? I want to gain weight but not loose it through my workouts. Any ideas send em here ! :)

If you want some of the gain to be muscle and not all fat, you'd want to incorporate progressive resistance training into your routine. Some cardio is fine, as long as you can keep up with the intake (eating what you've burned) and it doesn't impact your lifting recovery.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Whiskey & Coke...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Heyy what do you guys do for workout? I want to gain weight but not loose it through my workouts. Any ideas send em here ! :)

You eat more calories to compensate for the activity.