Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    TUESDAY

Good morning, Happy Halloween Eve (In Europe and latino countries Halloween is a 2 day event).

Fell asleep with dog early, phone woke me. My father hit a button on his phone and when I called back to find out what happened he was too busy to talk. Let it be and cuddled back up with dog.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Gooooood morning All~~

One eye is open.....getting second cup of coffee.
    Let's have a calm day today.

Sara - maybe the retirement lady was announced or discussed on one of the days you were out? I'm surprised there was no sign up.
    Gah - pizza for the winning team, eh?

I think I will tell the Cabana Boys that we need a special pre-Halloween Happy Hour, and that special anti-stress head and foot massages will be needed.

Lana

244.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2018
    Low-cal Avocado Salsa discovery~

Target sells an avocado salsa by Good Foods brand of Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin (Lynn!). It's in the refrigerator section.

It makes a fantastic salad dressing at only 20 calories per 2 TBSP.
    (I'm sure that other salsas can do a similar job.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quick salads for several lunches or dinner in a week:
    Throw together a bowl of rinsed black beans, garbanzo beans, canned crushed tomatoes or Ro-Tel tomatoes and peppers, add onions and whatever else you want. Mix, drain, keep in bowl in fridge.

Throw a big scoop of this onto a bed of lettuce - instant easy salad with a bit of protein.

The salsa goes really well on the salad.

Lana

gsxsg03jyfq5.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana email went out to Executives for Retired lady, but it did not "trickle down". Lady who brought me eggs said she would send me emails in the future?? Sometimes it is just too much info.

I asked for better pizza as the winner would be 15 or less not 50 to feed. We shall see. My entry for our group name is "No Soup for you" (play on words as we are losing our Sup). Someone else thought of it and I decided it was worth trying.

Dog wants her space so off to work.
  • LanaCabana537

No Soup for You!!

I love it Sara~~
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Hello all!

Happy Halloween eve! Happy hour with massage sounds perfect! Haha

Lana - love the avocado salsa dressing idea! I need to give this a try! Sounds delicious and low calorie.

Lunch time here and I made sure I ate my veggies first!! Really aiming for a loss this week - any loss!

Going to take a nice walk after work.

Sara - love your group name!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    Wow it's been a busy few days on here. I got far behind this weekend while working at my craft fair. It was a very successful show and now we are busy preparing for the next ones coming up.

Lynn - A 2nd wedding, how exciting and expensive!

Dawn - Congratulations!
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Hey all!

Gloomy day here and I am trying to stay awake. It is extremely hard to stay out of bed. Had a tasty lunch at the clubhouse today and picked up some groceries.

avcpf9gzk62k.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Dawn - scentsy package arrived nothing broken and I chose well. Now I can alternate between winter pine and cedar/cider.....

Walking to do and steps to record, but after dinner.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Total steps 10151 getting dark - glad time change is soon.

Wishing all a good night.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    10272 steps today. Probably lower tomorrow, have hair appointment tomorrow night.
    Crazy week that doesnt leave much time to walk. Dentist on Thursday evening to fix broken tooth. Then Friday I have to pick up some custom home decor a couple hours from here. Saturday 99th birthday for step-mom about 4 hours from here. Sunday have soup/chili contest and Jeep club meeting.
    Hopefully, will be able to walk/run/workout more next week.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Happy Halloween - wishing you good treats in your day.

Finally cold enough to get into winter night attire. With time change this weekend, it would be strange to wear summer things- but it has happened.

Using one of my "dress down" stickers to go jeans t shirt today to work. Not a Halloween costume but just dont feel like doing the "glam" (as it is) today.

Kathryn - you have a busy couple of days. Other than dentist visit I hope you have a good time. Even home decor can be fun.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Went subtle for Halloween at work this year. Wearing tshirt that says: "This is my costume. I am a homicidal maniac. They look just like everybody else."
    Have seen and interacted with several people and not one comment. LOL
    At previous job, I dont know how many years in a row they would say everyone wearing costumes on Halloween, then when Halloween came, I was only one who showed up in costume....
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    LOL!! Love your halloween shirt!

I didn't do anything for Halloween in terms of a costume. I did go to a "Halloween Bash" they had here which was fun and a nice little break today.

So far so good with eating. Didn't get my walk in last night, but I'll make it happen after work today. Trying to think of dinner ideas. I have some fresh brussel sprouts I am dying to use, so probably something with that. :)

Hope all are having a good day! Happy Halloween!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello!
    I have been away for days from this site. Busy weekend, a couple days of vacation and wow time flies. So much to catch up on! So much good news!
    Dawn - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! If I could convince my daughters to have small, meaningful, special weddings I would. Too much money and stress is pumped into weddings! I am very happy you are happy!
    Hickchick and Lana - our floor, like I said is vinyl plank. LOVE the waterproof part of it. Works so very well. We got a design sawcut classic from home depot. It too has lots of wood grain/crosscut patterns so as not to see scratches, because those are inevitable. Oh and love the shirt for Halloween :smiley:
    Runa - want to come over and make me that meal? Looks delish!
    Kathryn - tooth fix - scary! But weekend sounds fun. 99! wow! That is great!
    Tilliesmom - keep on stepping! Great numbers!
    Hello to Eryn, snowflake and all others that come by! Happy Halloween! I have no costume today. Hard enough figuring out normal clothing to wear!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    jrrwtryh4sdc.png
  • LanaCabana537

xxejirvx2zn0.jpeg

I am so confused today that I thought I posted this morning. Better late than never!!

Lana

244.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • SaskiaBenze
    SaskiaBenze Posts: 3 Member
    There is this really cool new app which is called FitStar you should try it out it helps with fitness motivation and keeps rack of your workouts. https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/fitstar/id1437129472?mt=8
  • Tilliesmommy1
    total steps 10040 way too much sugar today and more time to get house work done tonight - woohoo!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Hung over from too much sugar? I know I had enough. Will get chocolate for coworkers over weekend. I have a little at my desk at the moment......

Went looking on Skinnytaste for next week recipes. Will try again today.

I know I am up even earlier than usual but I figured to try and get a longer nap between now and dog walk. Colder finally and waiting for leaves to change.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking at work.