WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Heather So your 5k isn't a race? That's similar to many events here, which are actually designated as "walk/run". Lots of people here just walk. Does anyone do that in the U.K.?
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Heather- so happy for you ..your close enough to the grands that popping up for visits will be alot easier..
    I went with my friend Trudy over to a place for Happy Hour .. the bar scene is not for me...
    I'm happy to be home with Alfie and in my jammies, going to go to sleep in a bit...
  • SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    edited November 2018
    November Goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal except 4 days.
    2. Exercise 6 out of seven days a week.
    3. Cut down on sweets.
    4. Lose 4 pounds.
    5. Record in diary daily.
    6. Walk and have fun daily.

Hopefully this will be accomplished without too many problems!

Word for the month - consistency

Sarah
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    :heart:
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Barbie - That sounds like a great use of space!

Okie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Did Crunch Live Total Body Boot Camp DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do an ExtremeCardio DVD.

Went to WalMart this morning. A friend had asked me to buy her candy (but only if it was ½ price) for her to give her students. She makes cookies for them and sometimes gives them candy. Anyway, when I first got there this guy says to me “oh, those won’t be on sale”. So I went to the candy isle because I remembered seeing one that she wanted that wasn’t by the door. Out of curiosity, I put it under the price scanner and, sure enough, it came up ½ price. So I tried the other kinds that she wanted (that the guy told me wasn’t going to be on sale) and they came up ½ price. So I stocked up for her. Vince wasn’t happy that I went to WalMart alone in the dark.

Have my annual physical tomorrow. I usually get my flu shot at the physical and I do hope they can do it with my sinus infection. I’m thinking that they can since I’m on the antibiotic and not running a fever. Tonight is Newcomer bowling.

Okie – you and your hubby look lovely

Supposed to rain later today but we want to get the inflatables in the garage before it rains. I think we’ll be able to do that. Update: the only thing still outside are the lights, and that’s because we can’t get to the boxes to store the lights until we dry out the inflatables.

Allie – I’m sorry that you have to wait. At least they told you before you did the prep!

Jo – welcome. You’re doing fantastic with your weight

Vince just asked me where the unopened bags of candy were. I already have them in the car to be returned to the store

Josie – welcome! So sorry to hear about your mom and all your problems. But you seemed to have bounced back, and that’s a good thing. What part of PA were you in?

Tracey – I wish I could take the credit for the colors, but I do usually talk to this one gal who gives me great ideas for colors

Made pumpkin chocolate brownies. Shhh…Don’t tell Vince there’s pumpkin in them or he won’t eat them.

Steve just called. He’s going to FL and on his way up here he’ll stop here Mon. night and stay until Wed. (probably early afternoon)

Went bowling with the Newcomers tonight.

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    edited November 2018
    Janetr- beautiful girls! :)

Sarah
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,939 Member
    Karen, I’m in Georgia. We are electing a governor in a highly contested race, lt governor, attorney general, school superintendent, just to name a few, several constitutional amendments, all of which are controversial. One creates a totally new business court, one allows schools to call for local option sales tax referendums directly, a victims rights law that didn’t seem controversial to me at all, but somehow is, confusing me after I thought I understood it. We even have a local referendum in my county to allow alcohol sales at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday. The whole ballot is just one big hot mess. I think I can say that without creating controversy. It is not my intention to start a political debate. I just hope I can decide how I’m voting by Tuesday. LOL.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: Congratulations! You’re in your new place at last! You’ll get things handled bit at a time. WTG!!! It seems as though your son is doing all he can to welcome you to your new community. Running with you Saturday is lovely. :flowerforyou:

Alison: Waiting is hard. I’m hoping for a great outcome for you. (((HUGS)))

Dana in Arkansas: It is great that your daughter can make a living doing something she loves. Yoga is brilliantly helpful to me. I appreciate my yoga teachers so much and my body is better than ever thanks to them. I’ll bet your daughter’s students have similar feelings. The photos of her are amazing! :star:

Kathy from Portland: Welcome to a great group. We are practically neighbors, since I live in a small town that is not far from Portland. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Congratulations on your kitchen makeover. I hope you love it. :heart:

Joyce: DH & I both had our flu shots last week. I know that flu shots don’t always work perfectly, but they are worth the effort, in my opinion. Most of the time they work great. :smiley:

Janet: Your granddaughters are gorgeous. :star:

Today has been a good day. I enjoyed yoga, and lunch out with DH. There is a wonderful little Chinese restaurant here in town that offers great food without gluten. DH can order there with confidence that he will enjoy his food and have no digestive troubles. YAY!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Need Pips boot, really I do!😋
    Rebecca
    (The suspense will be agonizing)