Looking for female friends with open diarys in maintenance. 😊

2»

Replies

• jiggyj9
    jiggyj9 Posts: 90 Member
    edited November 2018
    I’m maintaining and my diary is open. I log daily. I’m pescatarian and (mostly) gluten free. Feel free to add :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    I see no one has posted recently on this thread..... just out of curiosity, I wonder how many of the people that commented on these 2 pages saying that they were in maintenance are STILL in maintenance today. I'm about 15 lbs away from maintenance and know that staying there will be a bigger challenge (for me) than losing the weight was!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    edited April 2021
    Waves to @Mrs_Hoffer !
    I didn’t post on this, as I use My Net Diary to track daily.

I use average monthly weights. They have been under 159.5 and as low as 151.8 since sept 2018.

Yearly averages:
    2019 155.1
    2020 156.8
    2021 155.75 so far

Sept 2018 I hit maintenance: 159.5lbs
    April 2021 (so far): 156.4

It CAN be done as so many on this strand have shown. They have ALL given me HOPE.

I think the % of folks maintaining is rising now with fitness trackers, easy to use calorie trackers, but most of all because we have the opportunity to learn from each other, to be inspired by each other, and to realize we are not alone.

I also think the shifting advice on nutrition is helping. I now eat plenty of fat - mostly “healthy fats” but a good Amy of sat fat, too. I think this helps me be successful, as I’m satisfied (and refined sugar & carbs seem to increase my mouth hunger & disguise my true hunger.)

#You’veGotThis
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    I see no one has posted recently on this thread..... just out of curiosity, I wonder how many of the people that commented on these 2 pages saying that they were in maintenance are STILL in maintenance today. I'm about 15 lbs away from maintenance and know that staying there will be a bigger challenge (for me) than losing the weight was!

I didn't comment on this thread (maybe I was just less chatty in the olden days?), but I'd already been in maintenance for something over 2 years when the thread got started. Can't conclude much from any who've disappeared: Could be that they regained, could be that they got maintenance all dialed in, don't hang out here anymore.

I've been up and down a bit in maintenance (since hitting goal early in 2016), but entirely within a healthy range of weights for me (BMI range 20-23 or thereabouts), so I still consider it maintenance. Recently ultra-super-slowly lost a few vanity pounds, so sitting at 124-point-something pounds this morning at 5'5" (BMI 20.8), age 65, after around 30 years of class 1 obesity before 2015. I still log most days, because the payoff from that 10 minutes or so a day is really major, for me - worth it.

I think the biggest factor in doing OK so far, for me, has been that I decided that during weight loss I wasn't going to do anything I wasn't willing to continue doing forever, except for a moderate calorie deficit. That way, weight loss became a time to experiment - with the cushion of a calorie deficit in case of missteps - and figure out sustainable habits that would give me a happy life balance long term. Weight loss was essentially maintenance practice, just with a deficit.

I don't think it's essential to treat one's entire weight loss time in that way, but I do strongly urge others here to take that approach in the last stages. Once I reached goal weight, it was just a matter of adding some calories to my days to stabilize weight, no major changes in habit required. I even added back the deficit calories somewhat gradually, which encouraged me to make small, enjoyable tweaks to my habits, rather than thinking "oh, boy, 500 more calories a day, let's have a big ol' slice of cake!". (Not everyone would do that. I know myself. I might have. 😆 Less of an issue, adding back 100 or so at a time.)

Best wishes for success with those last few pounds, and beyond into maintenance!

P.S. I may've not commented on the thread in 2018 because I'd already realized I'm pretty terrible in the "MFP friend" department - more of a Community forum gal, though I do log and will accept friend requests, reply to PMs, answer questions on my MFP timeline. Not great about commenting on others' pages, though, realistically.
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    aimeetu - Maintenance for 2.5 years - open diary - still working on the whole body image thing :smile:
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,747 Member
    I think a lot of maintainers are still around - like me - and some - like me - even still log daily. But I don't write much here in the maintainers forum anymore. Mostly I stick to private forums. Every once in a while I post in a public forum and say absolutely nothing much. The OM is no longer here but I see a lot of the 2018 folks still are.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    I'm much the same in that I don't post in the forums very often anymore, but I've been maintaining since October 2019 so not too far behind others in this thread 😊
  • rosiekin
    rosiekin Posts: 78 Member
    I didn't post on the original thread either but I've been a member since 2014. I have successfully maintained a 90lb weight loss since April 2015. I log every day and visit the forum most days. I have only recently started posting. I'm always surprised the maintaining weight forum is pretty quiet but everyone is like how I used to be, that's probably the reason! I didn't even know there was private forums until I read what SummerSkier said, so maybe that is where some folk are.