FAT to FIT ( 6 Packs )!! just 2 inspire :)

Replies

• asugar1390
    asugar1390 Posts: 46 Member
    How did you do it!? Very very impressive
  • rajeshvvcool
    rajeshvvcool Posts: 168 Member
    joselito76 wrote: »
    Great Job!! I have my own success story too not complete yet of course but I was 225lb back in April this year 2018 and I’m 191 so I’ve lost around 34lb in 6 months but haven’t really gained much muscle so far. What was the key for you to gain muscle and get cut or bulk up after you lost weight???

Firstly, I would like congratulate you on your efforts. I would say, we can either lose weight ( more specifically fat) or gain muscles at a given period of time. But it is possible for begginers to lose weight and gain muscles at the same to an extent. This doesn't last long. So I would suggest looking at the information you have given to cut down the fat and later look at building muscles. Basically a cycle. A lean bulk for mins six months and a quick cut for 6 weeks. You will be happy with your aesthetics by 2-3 cycles and then maintain from there.
  • GammaSmasher71
    GammaSmasher71 Posts: 8 Member
    Wow, from chunk to hunk.
  • rajeshvvcool
    Wow, from chunk to hunk.

Perseverance is the key.
  • riouxha4917
    riouxha4917 Posts: 66 Member
    Hi Folks. This is my story.I was around 220 pounds till Aug 2013.Lost about 60 pounds and reached 160 pounds by Aug 2016 and maintaining.Really proud of myself and looking to inspire.

vwzhi343cfra.jpg
    ndvqugsjax60.jpg
    ckucuza4hcpw.jpg
    fb09grcr1obl.jpg
    eople on MFP.

DAMN
  • rajeshvvcool
    Hi Folks. This is my story.I was around 220 pounds till Aug 2013.Lost about 60 pounds and reached 160 pounds by Aug 2016 and maintaining.Really proud of myself and looking to inspire.

vwzhi343cfra.jpg
    ndvqugsjax60.jpg
    ckucuza4hcpw.jpg
    fb09grcr1obl.jpg
    eople on MFP.

DAMN

I am also amazed looking at the before pics now.
  • rajeshvvcool
    asugar1390 wrote: »
    How did you do it!? Very very impressive

Dedication and the willingness to learn from mistakes is the key.
  • rajeshvvcool
    shaf238 wrote: »

You've done brilliantly mate 💪🏼💪🏽

Quick update... 189lbs now... about 15-17 lbs more before October 29th I hope... going to be a grind. Any other 50 year olds out there who can inspire me like Raj (o.p.) to get me through this cut??? Love seeing everyone's progress... challenges me.
    ivlretzqzdpc.jpg

Your commitment is out of the world.Keep it up!!! I am sure by Oct we would see something really special.

Thanks Raj. Still looking for an update from you too... You are the OP for this thread afterall 😎.

Quick update from me... Just under 183 lbs now...
    g4e7k1x55txa.jpeg

Hi.. I am on a lean bulk phase for the past 7 - 8 months. Presently working on my aesthetics (read weak points). Will most probably post my updates by summer next year. I like your commitment.a special round of applause for that. I created this thread to inspire people and let them know that not only can you lose weight but it's also possible to achieve a great aesthetic with commitment and the right guidance (obviously naturally). I hope atleast 10% have seen this positively and worked hard on their fitness journey. Your inputs have also added to this cause.

Thank you for the update Raj and looking forward to seeing what you've accomplished when you're ready to share. For those asking "how did he do it".... there is no magic potion (to reiterate what Raj has said before), the right combination is obviously knowing what food intake you need, but you have to make a lifestyle change or you will not have any long term success. Anyone can lose a ton of weight in a short period of time but unless you make that lifestyle change you will undoubtedly gain it back and sometimes even gain more. Is it easy, heck no, but it is so totally worth the change once you start to realize how good you feel and how many little aches and pains are gone. Looking good means something different for everyone, but feeling good is almost the same for everyone so don't get caught up in the looks.

My latest update... 172 lbs after 27 weeks of cutting weight/fat. Started this time around 212, so 40 lbs. Time to take a slight break and am currently doing the same as Raj in doing a lean bulk, but mine will just be for 2-3 months, then will start a cut again trying to get down to 6% bodyfat by end of march or so. I am about 18 months into a lifestyle change and am managing to keep things rolling. Started at 240lbs, got down to 188 before purposely gaining up to 212, and now at 172... goal to about 160 and then will think about what long term maintenance weight I want to keep at.

For those wondering why I am hijacking his thread... I just want to help inspire people as well and just thought I would piggyback here... I own't bother posting the absolute before picture as it is buried a few pages before this. I'll keep my ugly mug off this thread until I begin a cut again (expect to gain maybe 10 lbs first) and then again end of March to see if I got to 160.
    fd3xjcuj4r0t.jpg

Damn .. awesome .. inspiring 😍😍
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Les when you first got down to 188 what made you bulk back upto 212lbs?

My own situation is I’ve made it from 205 to lowest at 165lbs. I have now added creatine and weight is sticking at 169lbs.

I am not quite where I want to be. I have been weight training for a year 6 days per week, I have also been logging food and making sure I hit the 1g per lb protein, 0.45g per lb of fats for over 450 days now.

I am unsure if I would be better with a lean bulk to say 185lbs then cut again. Only place I’m missing is lower abs and would like more oblique definition.

Basically I feel like I’m always lifting in a deficit and wondering if a lean bulk and then a further cut would be more beneficial than just continually cutting.
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    shaf238 wrote: »

You've done brilliantly mate 💪🏼💪🏽

Quick update... 189lbs now... about 15-17 lbs more before October 29th I hope... going to be a grind. Any other 50 year olds out there who can inspire me like Raj (o.p.) to get me through this cut??? Love seeing everyone's progress... challenges me.
    ivlretzqzdpc.jpg

Your commitment is out of the world.Keep it up!!! I am sure by Oct we would see something really special.

Thanks Raj. Still looking for an update from you too... You are the OP for this thread afterall 😎.

Quick update from me... Just under 183 lbs now...
    g4e7k1x55txa.jpeg

Hi.. I am on a lean bulk phase for the past 7 - 8 months. Presently working on my aesthetics (read weak points). Will most probably post my updates by summer next year. I like your commitment.a special round of applause for that. I created this thread to inspire people and let them know that not only can you lose weight but it's also possible to achieve a great aesthetic with commitment and the right guidance (obviously naturally). I hope atleast 10% have seen this positively and worked hard on their fitness journey. Your inputs have also added to this cause.

Thank you for the update Raj and looking forward to seeing what you've accomplished when you're ready to share. For those asking "how did he do it".... there is no magic potion (to reiterate what Raj has said before), the right combination is obviously knowing what food intake you need, but you have to make a lifestyle change or you will not have any long term success. Anyone can lose a ton of weight in a short period of time but unless you make that lifestyle change you will undoubtedly gain it back and sometimes even gain more. Is it easy, heck no, but it is so totally worth the change once you start to realize how good you feel and how many little aches and pains are gone. Looking good means something different for everyone, but feeling good is almost the same for everyone so don't get caught up in the looks.

My latest update... 172 lbs after 27 weeks of cutting weight/fat. Started this time around 212, so 40 lbs. Time to take a slight break and am currently doing the same as Raj in doing a lean bulk, but mine will just be for 2-3 months, then will start a cut again trying to get down to 6% bodyfat by end of march or so. I am about 18 months into a lifestyle change and am managing to keep things rolling. Started at 240lbs, got down to 188 before purposely gaining up to 212, and now at 172... goal to about 160 and then will think about what long term maintenance weight I want to keep at.

For those wondering why I am hijacking his thread... I just want to help inspire people as well and just thought I would piggyback here... I own't bother posting the absolute before picture as it is buried a few pages before this. I'll keep my ugly mug off this thread until I begin a cut again (expect to gain maybe 10 lbs first) and then again end of March to see if I got to 160.
    fd3xjcuj4r0t.jpg

Wowsers - both you and raj are looking phenomenal!
  • lesbarkhouse
    lesbarkhouse Posts: 29 Member
    Tic78 wrote: »

My own situation is I’ve made it from 205 to lowest at 165lbs. I have now added creatine and weight is sticking at 169lbs.

I am not quite where I want to be. I have been weight training for a year 6 days per week, I have also been logging food and making sure I hit the 1g per lb protein, 0.45g per lb of fats for over 450 days now.

I am unsure if I would be better with a lean bulk to say 185lbs then cut again. Only place I’m missing is lower abs and would like more oblique definition.

Basically I feel like I’m always lifting in a deficit and wondering if a lean bulk and then a further cut would be more beneficial than just continually cutting.

Everyone's goals are different but you and I seem to have very similar ones. My personal opinion is give your body a break and at least increase macros to maintenance for a week or 2, or so :) Don't make it an excuse to gain a lot of fat, do a lean bulk so you can still work on those abs. I am almost 48 now and I find I am starting to get better lower ab definition but still a way yo go. When I deplete, I do have some loose skin at the lower abs that really annoys me, but I'm hoping I can break through that when I get to ~160lbs. Do some research around body set points to see what that's all about. If you're having trouble getting your body weight and/or composition to where you want, I really suggest finding a good coach to help. Shoot me a PM and I can suggest mine if you want to explore that (I get nothing out of it other than to share good coaching ). I was just at 172 lbs after 27 weeks of deficit; 1.4 lbs per week really steady so really proud of that. I am at 177 2 weeks later after filling back my glycogen and all that and hope to lean bulk to no more than 180 lbs, so when i start cutting again I don;t have to cut so long. 20 lbs should take me about 14-16 weeks. I wanted to go back up, but honestly went a little overboard and indulged too much... lesson learned though! Won't make that mistake again.
  • rajeshvvcool
    Tic78 wrote: »

Everyone's goals are different but you and I seem to have very similar ones. My personal opinion is give your body a break and at least increase macros to maintenance for a week or 2, or so :) Don't make it an excuse to gain a lot of fat, do a lean bulk so you can still work on those abs. I am almost 48 now and I find I am starting to get better lower ab definition but still a way yo go. When I deplete, I do have some loose skin at the lower abs that really annoys me, but I'm hoping I can break through that when I get to ~160lbs. Do some research around body set points to see what that's all about. If you're having trouble getting your body weight and/or composition to where you want, I really suggest finding a good coach to help. Shoot me a PM and I can suggest mine if you want to explore that (I get nothing out of it other than to share good coaching ). I was just at 172 lbs after 27 weeks of deficit; 1.4 lbs per week really steady so really proud of that. I am at 177 2 weeks later after filling back my glycogen and all that and hope to lean bulk to no more than 180 lbs, so when i start cutting again I don;t have to cut so long. 20 lbs should take me about 14-16 weeks. I wanted to go back up, but honestly went a little overboard and indulged too much... lesson learned though! Won't make that mistake again.

A well written piece. Kudos. 😀
  • rajeshvvcool
    Dear All,

I had started this post just to inspire people and let them know that it is possible to truly transform (FAT TO FIT). I recently came across one of my earlier posts -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1218065/are-there-any-mfpians-who-have-gone-from-fat-to-ripped#latest

I am sure at that point in time I was very naive about the possibilities. Though I feel proud of myself now, I am not going to let this fade away. More to this soon.

R
  • LizyMarie2018
    LizyMarie2018 Posts: 8 Member
    You look hot. Lol. Awesome work. I’m ready for my before and after too. Before: check. Working on the after yet. 😁
  • rajeshvvcool
    You look hot. Lol. Awesome work. I’m ready for my before and after too. Before: check. Working on the after yet. 😁

I am sure you would do well. Because you have taken the first step.

Remember - hard work is glory, the rest is
    Just theory.

🖖

R
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    wanzik wrote: »
    Abs are impressive, no doubt about it. But changes in your face are just as impressive. Great job!

i would say they are the biggest changes.

Men, never ever underestimate the value of a strong jawline on your aesthetics. I don't know why it matters, but damn, it matters.

Ironically, fat loss starts from the face and ends in lower abs region among men. Though spot reduction is not possible.

So true. I've been losing everywhere except my stomach so far. Now I'm shaped like a pear
  • HollyLeatrice
    HollyLeatrice Posts: 2 Member
    Wow! Very inspiring.
  • rajeshvvcool
    Wow! Very inspiring.

Thank you for your kind words.
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Amazing. How do your peeps react ?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!