All or Nothing

shinycrazy
shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
I have been an emotional/binge eater since I was 12 years old. I'm now weeks away from being 37. I've had one major weight loss that stalled and I gain 80% of it back. I had surgery and my mother passed. Which I used for excuses to overeat and to feel sorry for myself. I know that tracking my food helps, I've done it before. I get into the weeds though, and end up being very very meticulous about tracking/weighing every little thing. It becomes obsession and interferes with meals. Anyone able to strike the balance between tracking and obsession? I feel a mess.

Replies

• amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    I just did a search for "obsess" trying to find the same help you are seeking. I don't have any advice to offer, just wanted to let you know you are not alone. Take care!
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Obsession can become healthy if you write down your goals and adjust them as needed as you reach your goal. If you're obsession is helpful ng you reach your goals time to change things up
  • BrownLady2
    BrownLady2 Posts: 4 Member
    I wish I could track! I HATE IT!!! Let's swap and balance each other out ;)
  • nooie19
    nooie19 Posts: 153 Member
    I am also a recovered “all or nothing”. What has helped me is a different program than MFP where I write down what I eat but don’t measure or count calories. My Body Tutor. Costs money but highly effective at conquering this obstacle.

And regardless of what program you’re on, persistence is all that matters. Just dust yourself off and get back on track. 37 is still very young (I’m 50). 😀