PHOTO ONLY SUCCESS STORIES!

Replies

• pb1workouts
    pb1workouts Posts: 3 Member
    Wow, your post about hypo is interesting. I am type2. During my training on how to inject myself at the hospital, the urgent care Doctor told me "If you go low during the night while your sleeping and you wake up to find you're low - you get one chance to correct it. Don't go back to sleep again." It was also recommended that I be careful on the amount of insulin while combining with exercise. I made that mistake once, too much exercise. I woke up and was barely functional - checked my Gl level. It was 3.8. scary. My Gl maintenance level is between 8 and 11. So really drastic drop. I don't use an insulin pump, I inject it twice a day. Nice to hear other diabetics experiences.
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Nice job - keep up the good work.
  • pb1workouts
    pb1workouts Posts: 3 Member
    Bendiz_ wrote: »
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Bendiz_ wrote: »
    ljcd9mxld9r7.jpg

I too am an insulin pump user too...you find that with the use of insulin makes weight loss a little more of a challenge? Have you suffered hypo episodes?

It definately makes it more of a challenge. I don’t lose much weight if I’m not very strict on my carb intake. The more carbs I eat, the more insulin I need.. I’ve found that eating 50-80g of carbs a day was most effecient for me. My weight wasn’t budging for two months when I ate over 100g of carbs (even if I was eating the same amount of calories) Insulin is anabolic, so that’s probably the reason why. After my first 20 pounds I had an awful hypo episode while I was sleeping. If my boyfriend hadn’t reacted and given me something I don’t know what would have happened.. So be careful! I feel like a healthier way of eating and weight loss has increased my insulin sensitivity like hell. I’m probably using like 1/6th of the insulin I did before. Blood sugar should be reeeally closesly monitored during weight loss. And if you have a hypo episode and have «used up» all your calories, just f* the calories 😂 You don’t ruin your progress by having to get your blood sugar up one night.

Wow, your post about hypo is interesting. I am type2. During my training on how to inject myself at the hospital, the urgent care Doctor told me "If you go low during the night while your sleeping and you wake up to find you're low - you get one chance to correct it. Don't go back to sleep again." It was also recommended that I be careful on the amount of insulin while combining with exercise. I made that mistake once, too much exercise. I woke up and was barely functional - checked my Gl level. It was 3.8. scary. My Gl maintenance level is between 8 and 11. So really drastic drop. I don't use an insulin pump, I inject it twice a day. Nice to hear other diabetics experiences.

• jessimia
    jessimia Posts: 130 Member
    maQmIgh wrote: »
    <
    <
    <
    <--- Kaching :blushing:

10 lbs to go then......

MAINTAINENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love:
    Me too!!! Let’s lose it together 🙌🙌🙌
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    IslandGal3-you look terrific. Please share what lifestyle changes you made, how you reached goal, what keeps you on track...
    I know all about those aches in your 40s lol. I'm hoping to post my own pics someday!
  • Saragirl2
    "pb1workouts- my mom is a type 1 and her blood sugars seem to stabilize within a good range as long as she has protein with every meal, snack & before bed. She also quit drinking alcohol which seemed to drive her to low blood sugar in the middle of the night. Best wishes!

• Saragirl2
    [quote="bisonpitcher

Great straightforward plan! Thank you for sharing.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!