Any Weight Loss Surgery Success Stories out there?

Options
I started the process of getting ready for Gastric Sleeve surgery. Had my initial consult this past Friday and was 296 lbs. Would love to hear from others who have had the sleeve surgery or any type of weight loss surgery; would love to hear the good the bad and the ugly. I want to be prepared for anything that may come up. And would love to see before and after pics! I'm nervous, scared and excited all rolled up into one....LOL....I could have my surgery as soon as February! I'm 5'8 1/2 " tall and started at 296 and wear a 3x shirt and 22/24 pants.

Replies

• Lovecalls
    Lovecalls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! had wls in February. today I'm 9 mos post op. down 93# from the start.of my preop diet. :) I have 17# from my surgeons goal and I plan to hit that by end of the year. :) I started at 304 now I'm 211. I've had a fantastic experience. no regrets.
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am in the process of getting wls also. A close friend also said she has had an amazing experience. She is down 120lbs and probable another 120lb to go but other diets did not work. I hear they have come a long way. Good luck and keep me posted. Please add me as your friend so we can share our experiences. I am 258lbs right now 5'4".
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Best thing I ever did for myself. It's still just a tool to help with the journey but it did help me. I never had a feeling of fullness before but with the surgery, I know when I'm getting full and can control my eating. I wish you all the best.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!