Weight gain success pictures

I want to gain weight not just fat but muscle. Am 23 and i currently weight 138, 5'8'' tall and i am a female. I want people to share their weight gain success pictures so that it can push me to reach my goals. thank you in advance

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited November 2018
    What are your goals... how much weight do you want to gain? Do you have a specific aesthetic you are aiming towards? I was 135 lbs at 6'1 about 7 years ago. I'm over 200 lbs now, but I don't think my aesthetic is going to match yours or be much of an inspiration. ;)

For what it's worth - I think you look great right now... but I understand wanting to look a certain way.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    What are your goals... how much weight do you want to gain? Do you have a specific aesthetic you are aiming towards? I was 135 lbs at 6'1 about 7 years ago. I'm over 200 lbs now, but I don't think my aesthetic is going to match yours or be much of an inspiration. ;)

For what it's worth - I think you look great right now... but I understand wanting to look a certain way.

That's almost exactly my son. And man is he a string bean. You've come a long way!
  • preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    The left and right photos are about 4 years apart. I would say about 12-15 lbs between them, so left was about 121lbs, right about 133-135lbs. I am 5'7. It took 3 bulk/cut cycles (not counting the baby I had in between). I followed Strong Curves, Get Glutes and other similar glute focused programming.
    n3ys2g2bnz1p.jpg

Wow. Great results. What an inspiration. Am currently doing glute and butt exercises at home.
  • latestarter75
    latestarter75 Posts: 50 Member
    Gaining muscle weight is a long process so you just need to be patient I’ll stick a couple pics up one of the day I started training and one from last month,it’s taken me 4 1/2 years and I’m that time I’ve taken only a handful of days off my diet although my diet changes between bulking and prepping. I’d say start with 300 calories above your maintenance then as you gain weight constantly reevaluate, train hard and get plenty of sleep, do you have a nutrition plan in mind?
  • preciousleks
    @preciousleks - I think that's a reasonable goal. I'm surprised you were only 99# in that first picture. You don't really look that thin. You do look much stronger in the second picture... a lot of women would do anything to have your figure. :)

Thank you and @mom23mangos for the compliment. It's been a strange journey for me. I was very skinny as a kid and even in the military. I was finally able to pack on some muscle and weight but it took me a very long time... then about 9 years ago I got very sick. The treatment ended up almost killing me and I lost about a hundred pounds over a year. When I was finally "cured" I had lost all the muscle I had worked so hard to gain. It was depressing. I was able to gain some of it back and got to about 180# but I was skinny fat. Thin arms, legs, big belly and hated the way I looked. I didn't start training in the gym again until about two years ago. I didn't cut first or try to get very lean. I just bulked like a madman and ate like a monster. I got to 240 and looked like the Kung Fu Panda. I spent about 5 months cutting that extra fat off earlier this year. Surprisingly, I had also packed on a LOT of muscle - I guess "muscle memory" really is a thing.

Anyhow - I hope more women post their weight gaining progress pics in this thread. Although you may find that the majority of folks on this site are focused on losing weight to look more like you. ;) The gaining weight and bodybuilding sub-forum is really a minority presence around here.
    @preciousleks - I think that's a reasonable goal. I'm surprised you were only 99# in that first picture. You don't really look that thin. You do look much stronger in the second picture... a lot of women would do anything to have your figure. :)

Thank you and @mom23mangos for the compliment. It's been a strange journey for me. I was very skinny as a kid and even in the military. I was finally able to pack on some muscle and weight but it took me a very long time... then about 9 years ago I got very sick. The treatment ended up almost killing me and I lost about a hundred pounds over a year. When I was finally "cured" I had lost all the muscle I had worked so hard to gain. It was depressing. I was able to gain some of it back and got to about 180# but I was skinny fat. Thin arms, legs, big belly and hated the way I looked. I didn't start training in the gym again until about two years ago. I didn't cut first or try to get very lean. I just bulked like a madman and ate like a monster. I got to 240 and looked like the Kung Fu Panda. I spent about 5 months cutting that extra fat off earlier this year. Surprisingly, I had also packed on a LOT of muscle - I guess "muscle memory" really is a thing.

Anyhow - I hope more women post their weight gaining progress pics in this thread. Although you may find that the majority of folks on this site are focused on losing weight to look more like you. ;) The gaining weight and bodybuilding sub-forum is really a minority presence around here.

I was 119lbs in the first pic. changing kgs to lbs confused me. I was 54kgs which is 119 pounds and in the second pic 63kgs which is 138lbs. my goal weight for now is 66kgs which is 145lbs, I which to reach there soon
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    You look fantastic @preciousleks that is some amazing progress right there! Take the next 7lbs or so slow and steady, you will get there
  • hannahamiex
    hannahamiex Posts: 5 Member
    Love this thread! I’m also on a weight gain journey. It’s a real process. A lot harder than I ever imagined. I usually gain some decent weight, then I’ll either get sick or have my time of the month & then can easily lose half a stone! It just drops off me.
  • preciousleks
    Love this thread! I’m also on a weight gain journey. It’s a real process. A lot harder than I ever imagined. I usually gain some decent weight, then I’ll either get sick or have my time of the month & then can easily lose half a stone! It just drops off me.

You can still gain weight during that time of the month. It should not change what you always do. I have gained 2kgs for the last three months, we can do it.
  • abilene_
    abilene_ Posts: 11 Member
    Hey girl! Omg you look so great! I'm glad i came to this forum. I can't wait to post successful before and after pics!
    This inspired me for sure 💖
  • preciousleks
    edited December 2018
    @abilene_ I have gained 2lbs after taking this pic. This are the pic that I wanted to show you. Glad I can inspire. Am still on the journey
  • harsh059
    harsh059 Posts: 1 Member
    In past 1 year of training I gained 7 kg weight
    It’s a time taking process but I’m loving it
    My glutes and quads are very slow progressing:(
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Jealous of your abs man