Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    My eating is as terrible as ever, but my weight is stable so oh well. Ellie has been 100% breastfed these past three days, which just makes me crave more rubbish! She's not being sick any more, she's just very tired and sad and clingy. Poor little sausage!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    I don't know if it's Daylight Savings Time or the cold weather, but I have been eating like a bear going into hibernation. :/

I have been like this since I injured myself. Not moving and eating tons is not good for my weight.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm going to a wedding tomorrow!! I'm not very sure about my outfit and I'm hoping the kids are quiet during the important bits. But I know my friend (the bride) has been really thoughtful about making it family friendly so I'm really looking forward to it.

Have fun, Anne-Marie. (waves magic wand for quiet kids)

Thanks Mel, would you happen to know a spell for inducing sleep in little ones?! (It's 3am here).

Rub brandy on their gums? (I know I'm late). My sister used to do this. I suppose it's not very politically correct?
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    My eating is as terrible as ever, but my weight is stable so oh well. Ellie has been 100% breastfed these past three days, which just makes me crave more rubbish! She's not being sick any more, she's just very tired and sad and clingy. Poor little sausage!

Aww, poor tot!!
  • melissafeagins
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's Daylight Savings Time or the cold weather, but I have been eating like a bear going into hibernation. :/

I have been like this since I injured myself. Not moving and eating tons is not good for my weight.

But your ribs need it to mend.
  • melissafeagins
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I'm going to a wedding tomorrow!! I'm not very sure about my outfit and I'm hoping the kids are quiet during the important bits. But I know my friend (the bride) has been really thoughtful about making it family friendly so I'm really looking forward to it.

Have fun, Anne-Marie. (waves magic wand for quiet kids)

Thanks Mel, would you happen to know a spell for inducing sleep in little ones?! (It's 3am here).

Rub brandy on their gums? (I know I'm late). My sister used to do this. I suppose it's not very politically correct?

I never did this, but it might be worth
    a try. You're probably not going to need more than a teaspoon
  • melissafeagins
    Good for you, @maureenkhilde, for not stopping until you found a solution. I am sorry that has caused you so many problems, but proud of you for not letting it stop you.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I finally went to the Dr with Ellie today as she started wheezing and that puts me in edge. Dr not overly worried as her chest sounds clear (last two times she was wheezing it wasn't and we ended up in hospital for obs). She's kinda better, for little stretches, but still not really eating and whiny even by our standards. But at least I'm reassured it's just a standard bug. And Andrew appears not to have caught it - WIN.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm ok with the texture of oatmeal. You don't mind the gel-like chia seeds? I tried them a few years ago and :s:s

If it’s mixed up with yogurt and things like blackberries or raspberries then you can’t tell if it’s a chia seed or a fruit seed.

I mix my soaked chia seeds into applesauce mostly. I sometimes just add them to my water too and drink them.
  • Italian_Buju
    Today was a sad morning for me.

Last night I took out a tub of red velvet Halo Top to soften and I forgot about it and went to bed. Woke up and found a warm tub of red velvet milk in the sink this morning. :(

Oh that sucks! Sorry, what a waste!
  • Italian_Buju
    Yum! I have to stay far far away from cookie butter though.

I've still never tried it in case it's too delicious. I also believe I don't like coca cola, but who knows in reality!?

That... that's crazy. I can't get my head around this statement.

If I remember correctly, she also doesn't like pizza! What do you think about that? :o

Sorry about your Halo Top!

I know I actually don't like pizza because tomato sauce is gross! I dislike cola as a child and have never tried it since. I have enough of a sweet tooth I don't want to add to the list of things I crave, so I've just always avoided it!
    :unamused:
  • Italian_Buju

MoHousdon wrote: »

I've still never tried it in case it's too delicious. I also believe I don't like coca cola, but who knows in reality!?

If I remember correctly, she also doesn't like pizza! What do you think about that? :o

I know I actually don't like pizza because tomato sauce is gross! I dislike cola as a child and have never tried it since. I have enough of a sweet tooth I don't want to add to the list of things I crave, so I've just always avoided it!

We have a local pizza place here called Picaso's and they serve a Great White. It's 5 different cheeses (with ricotta zig zagged over top) and they use garlic and olive oil for the "sauce". It's the only thing Mike and Rachael order there.

Maybe you'd like pizza more like that. Me personally, I'm a big fan of chicken, bacon, ranch pizza. It uses ranch as the "sauce". :tongue:

OMG it has been too long since I have had this....I feel one coming on shortly now!
  • Italian_Buju
    Beka3695 wrote: »

We have a local pizza place here called Picaso's and they serve a Great White. It's 5 different cheeses (with ricotta zig zagged over top) and they use garlic and olive oil for the "sauce". It's the only thing Mike and Rachael order there.

Maybe you'd like pizza more like that. Me personally, I'm a big fan of chicken, bacon, ranch pizza. It uses ranch as the "sauce". :tongue:

I guess im the polar opposite of y'all... I could eat tomato sauce pizza 24/7! I do prefer New York style pizza to Chicago.

If I was to be stranded on a desert island and could have only one food - PIZZA would be it!!

Same
    Pizza is my fave, hands down
    Pasta a close second
  • Italian_Buju
    edited November 2018
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I weighed myself today and 202! Two more pounds to be at 200 & eventually under! I've been eating around 1500-1700 (some weeks I allow myself a cheat indulgence & then work it into my overall week calories). Usually it's a pint of ice cream, pizza, or another kind of dessert. Eventually I'm going to stop doing the cheat indulgences & just eat normally since I don't want to start another binge/restrict cycle, but so far this plan is working out for me.

I think my first goal weight will be 170 & then my UGW will be 160. If I feel like I still want to lose a little more weight I'll go down to 155. The only thing I'm not ready for is the onslaught of comments about my weight like I received last time considering I work with the public. I think this time I'm going to take the approach of just saying thank you & not saying anything else. If they ask how I did it I'll just say MFP & learning tips from the site.

I really do think perhaps I was too thin the first time I lost weight since I went from 300-150 & could have had at least 10-15 pounds of loose skin.

I am right there with you in terms of how close I am to getting under 200, for the hundredth time!!! We can do this!!

Definitely! This year I’m not letting the holidays and winter time derail my progress. I swear in the winter I’m like a bear and want to eat all the foods and hibernate.

Ditto! The temperature has noticeably dropped in the last 3-4 days and now I don't want the salads, I want the warmer foods. I need to get my soup maker out.

Speaking of soup. I don't get satisfied eating soup. I HAVE to have a sandwich or something else with it. Regardless how "hearty" it is. I get full more or less, I just don't stay full for very long.

Anyone else like that too?

Yup. Not a fan of soup either. I like to be full, and soup just doesn't do it for me.

I love soup and eat it nearly daily, year round. However it is part of a meal, not a whole meal.
    Same with salads. Salad is what I eat WITH my dinner, not instead of.

OK bookmark on page 3262.....cuz that is all the time I have at the moment......
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Confession: I hate my doctor for her awful timing.
    Two days before Thanksgiving in 2011, I got my celiac diagnosis. No dessert, no super yummy Grandma's rolls.
    Monday, I had a liver ultrasound and the most likely culprit for my elevated enzymes is Primary Biliary Cholangitis. I have to have more testing the middle of November, but what I can do to prevent or slow liver damage is eat less than 150g of carbs/day.
    It's HALLOWEEN and I can't eat candy or practically anything else that people brought for the office party.
    WHY does she do this to me???!!!!

ETA: I also have a 2.1cm gallstone that apparently should be causing crippling pain, but miraculously isn't. I guess I will have to have the GB removed, but I am not going to plan that until my dad is out of the hospital. We're in week 3 of this round - now in rehab.

That is horrible timing.
    That’s a large stone,I hope it stays put
  • raymax4
    I took the boy to the gym with me yesterday afternoon. He fell asleep in the car on the way home. When we got home he ate dinner, and went back to bed. I was exhausted so I was in bed by 7:00, too. We partied it up this Halloween! :D

We never get Trick-or-Treaters. We live too far out in the boonies.

Is he likely to go with you often?
  • raymax4
    We had our annual chili cook-off at church Saturday and Mike is our only 2-time champ!

Good going Mike
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I took the boy to the gym with me yesterday afternoon. He fell asleep in the car on the way home. When we got home he ate dinner, and went back to bed. I was exhausted so I was in bed by 7:00, too. We partied it up this Halloween! :D

We never get Trick-or-Treaters. We live too far out in the boonies.

Is he likely to go with you often?

Yeah, he's training with my trainer and has a 5-day-a-week training program.
  • raymax4
    I finally went to the Dr with Ellie today as she started wheezing and that puts me in edge. Dr not overly worried as her chest sounds clear (last two times she was wheezing it wasn't and we ended up in hospital for obs). She's kinda better, for little stretches, but still not really eating and whiny even by our standards. But at least I'm reassured it's just a standard bug. And Andrew appears not to have caught it - WIN.

Poor Ellie.
    Hopefully Andrew does not get it