Teresa J's Journal

HGALlife
HGALlife Posts: 5 Member
I started OMAD on October 15, 2018. I am a 56 years old. I work with a school system in AL. My department always has some kind of snack/sweet on the table. My husband is also a great Cajun cook. Food is always a temptation both at home and work! OMAD sure helps with the temptations. I am going to update my weight on here weekly for accountability. I am doing good so I want to keep it up. So far I am just focusing on eating one plate of food per day. I decided to try to watch my sugar intake in November with the exception of my Thanksgiving Day OMAD. I am drinking water only during my fast. I can't talk to friends and family about this way of eating very much. They think I am on another fad diet. My husband thinks OMAD is "not good" for me. I can't wait to show him how good it really is!

October 15, 2018 184 lbs start date (dabbled with OMAD for a week in early October - I was 185)
October 22, 2018 178 lbs -6 lb. loss, water weight loss I'm sure
October 30, 2018 176 lbs. -2 lb loss, changed my weigh in day to Tuesday instead of Monday
November 6, 2018 175 lbs. -1 lb loss

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome :) So far so good!!!
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Welcome to the group and to OMAD. I love OMAD and it seems to be working nicely for you. Keep up the good work
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome!
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Good luck!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Welcome! Nice losses!
  • HGALlife
    October 15, 2018 184 lbs start date (dabbled with OMAD for a week in early October - I was 185)
    October 30, 2018 176 lbs. -2 lb loss, changed my weigh in day to Tuesday instead of Monday
    November 13, 2017 173 lbs - 2 lb loss Total 12 lbs

I keep changing my one hour window due to things going on so I love the flexibility. That flexibility keeps me on track. I am not deprived, I don't miss out on events, I live my life. I can see this working even during the holidays! Of course changing my window shortens or lengthens my fast but I continue to lose at a slow and steady pace. I'm good with that!!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Excellent losses and you seem to really be enjoying omad. It's definitely the only way of eating that helps me lose weight. I love watching videos of all the side benefits also. I wish you continued success :)
  • volgirl1322
    Those are awesome results!!! Yep the OMAD way let's you choose what your eating window is that is the beauty of it!

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Welcome.

If anyone questions me, I refer to fasting being an ancient healing and cleansing ritual. Also discuss how humans didn't have access to food 24/7 until the last few decades.
  • HGALlife
    I am way behind on posting an update. Slow progress but to be honest I am eating whatever I want in my window including sweets. So, I can't complain - I am making it through the holidays, living life and not gaining since I stick to OMAD! I have a strong feeling I will do better in January.

November 13, 2017 173 lbs - 2 lb loss Total 12 lbs
    December 20, 2018 167 lbs for a total loss of 17 lbs
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    You're doing really well, @HGALlife. One of the many benefits of OMAD is being able to enjoy the holidays with little or no weight gain. Or, in your case, even with weight loss! Great job.
  • volgirl1322
    Great results!