Clarification on cheat day

alyripper
alyripper Posts: 10 Member
Hello All,

I have been reading Joe's BASIC plan to follow the OMAD. I would like to know more on the below point

#5) Allow one splurge day per week (after the first two weeks.) At least once every two or three weeks, give your mind and body a break from the calorie restriction by allowing yourself a splurge day

Does this mean that we can have one cheat day in a week and eat what we like or prefer all day and not consider one plate rule etc. Example: I would love use my sundays for this.

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You can have a Splurge day if you want, It's all up to you and how you are losing. I had one splurge day each week and ate whatever I wanted for the whole day and I averaged a loss of 1 to 2 pounds a week.
  • alyripper
    alyripper Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you so much for taking the time to respond
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    For me in the beginning I was very careful with my cheat day because I didn't want it to turn into a downward spiral......but, after doing OMAD for a few months, I was a bit more relaxed with my splurge day. For me, it was just not really paying too much attention to my meal times or food on my cheat days.

Donna
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    I can't do splurge days, they unfortunately throw me off. Many people definitely can and I sincerely hope you are one of the lucky ones. <3